Site Problems!!

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

If you got any problem, or can't seem to do something on the new site, let us know. If we can keep it confined to this thread that would be great. Then we can just keep editing the original topic to include all the problems and resolutions contained therein. The more critical of concerns will eventually make it to the help section, but this is as good a place as any to start he process.

Best

hello I sent you a note concerning validation problems, I don't know how I'm able to use this forum if my registration hasn't been validated. Registration process went well, got e-mail, tried all posibilie options, got error message every time.

Sincerely, Silverblue

this is what shows up every time i click on 1 of the local compasion clubs is the calenders with the dates and times some were elese

The webpage cannot be found

HTTP 404

Most likely causes:

•There might be a typing error in the address.

•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

More information

This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

I'm having an awful time with this site, and last night I got in using Firefox but can't today, well, I got in but got an error again just like I did in IE when I first registered, but THIS time I couldn't get to the forums at all, got an error and a list of help topics. I could read blogs and click on members so I could read their posts. then as I was surfing through the site I noticed it said I wasn't signed in, though I knew I was, so I went back till I could see I still was signed in.....there had been some notice that the digital certificate had expired, it had my screen name on it. I think that was just after logging in. I saw that last night too but don't recall which browser. It's very frustrating and if it keeps giving me trouble I'll have to quit and that will hurt a LOT. There's too many glitches here. I'm sorry to be complainning. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Silverblue

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I'm having an awful time with this site, and last night I got in using Firefox but can't today, well, I got in but got an error again just like I did in IE when I first registered, but THIS time I couldn't get to the forums at all, got an error and a list of help topics. I could read blogs and click on members so I could read their posts. then as I was surfing through the site I noticed it said I wasn't signed in, though I knew I was, so I went back till I could see I still was signed in.....there had been some notice that the digital certificate had expired, it had my screen name on it. I think that was just after logging in. I saw that last night too but don't recall which browser. It's very frustrating and if it keeps giving me trouble I'll have to quit and that will hurt a LOT. There's too many glitches here. I'm sorry to be complainning. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Silverblue

We're sorry to hear you're having a hard time, but 99% of the people are navigating the site fine. Some portions of the site aren't accessible to guest. So the error pages you see there, are simply the system saying you don't have access. Personaly I hate IE so I'm always logged in using the FF browser unless I'm seeing how the site looks in IE. Very possible you caused a sessions error wile trying to log in under both browsers.

Most likely I'm not going to be able to help you with this problem, though the 404 with the CClubs has been fixed (a previous complaint from you). Try clicking the logo on the forums, and bookmark that url instead of the one from the password recovery email. That will most likely solve your login problems as you're not trying to get the system to resolve a page where your accounts already been made active.

I apologize for not being much help.

We're sorry to hear you're having a hard time, but 99% of the people are navigating the site fine. Some portions of the site aren't accessible to guest. So the error pages you see there, are simply the system saying you don't have access. Personaly I hate IE so I'm always logged in using the FF browser unless I'm seeing how the site looks in IE. Very possible you caused a sessions error wile trying to log in under both browsers.

Most likely I'm not going to be able to help you with this problem, though the 404 with the CClubs has been fixed (a previous complaint from you). Try clicking the logo on the forums, and bookmark that url instead of the one from the password recovery email. That will most likely solve your login problems as you're not trying to get the system to resolve a page where your accounts already been made active.

I apologize for not being much help.

I would have to agree with Garfield. I have been using the site daily, and have used Infusion Power Board extensively in the past (the software platform used for this website) and I have had no problems making new topics, replying to topics, talking to people through the private messaging, or using any other of the features on the new website. I have used Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE on the site and they all work just fine, even logging in on all 3 browsers simultaneously does not result in any errors.

You may have computer, operating system, browser, virus, or malware issues that are causing you to experience the problems you are describing.

hi again. As far as I know I don't have a virus, I update and check very often, and don't have problems at other sites, though naturally someone would say it's something wrong with my system, though I know that's ppossible, prob'ly a setting someplace. I'll keep trying till I get too frustrated, then will have to give up for awhile if it gets too stressful. I was wondering about somethng, too, someone said something about google widgets, I saw the reply in my e-mail and followed the link to the reply but can't find it....... I hate google with a passion after finding out how they track all their users all over the net, every keystroke, and that's just the beginning, so I'm concerned that these widgets are tracking me here now, and that troubles me deeply, no one has the rightto track users outside their sites. I see google URL's in a LOT of where I look at webpage privacy policies to see how many cookies would be dumped on me... Why does the site need google widgets? google is evil. Privacy rights groups are helping people fight this kind of thing..

Silverblue

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Everything around us logs our visiting brother. I wouldn't worry about Google to much. Their accumulated user statistics are pretty benign. It's for marketing and not world domination.They're just taking note of the sites you click within them. If you don't click a link in a widget, then they take no record of you.

LOL @ "world domination," I didn't expect to see that .. but I'm still suspicious. companies claim it's used for marketing purposes, but I don't wanna drag that topic on, though it's very important to me how I feel it invades our privacy, but that's not why I came here.... I still can't access the forum with FF, don't know why it worked last night... but wish I knew how to fix it because FF is safer..... Silverblue

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

This is a test, and only a test. Had this been an actual emergency you would of been notified where to tune in for more information. Thank you and this has been a test of the MMMA system.:blink::unsure::P:D:):angry::mellow::rolleyes:

Not sure what to say man.....

Hope you get it figured out

This is a test, and only a test. Had this been an actual emergency you would of been notified where to tune in for more information. Thank you and this has been a test of the MMMA system.:blink::unsure::P:D:):angry::mellow::rolleyes:

Not sure what to say man.....

Hope you get it figured out

Hi Garfield and thanks so much for your time, energy, knowledge, patients

and sense of humor, the site is great. I had never b4 used a forum prior to

joining w/the old site. I hadn't posted very many times yet got the feel of it.

Came over to the new site here and am navigating just grand! :D

Although, I too am having a problem with fonts, font size, color, bold, and italic.

Each time I click on one... it changes another. I did manage to get the

italics ;) Hey, I know this is basic stuff here but, I am truly stumped...

lil' tutorial?

Thanks much,

imi

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Hello can someone tell me why the privacy policy and terms of service is tied into the flash player? This seems unfair because not everyone has flash.. I'm contacting the site to ask the same question, wonder if they'll reply. :( (sigh).

Silverblue

It's not "tied" to the flash player. It's simply making your browser return to the top of the page. It's a design element that isn't finished. The old site had neither a privacy policy or a terms of service, and in the design, these elements were put into the skin. So the links are there, but instead of linking to say:

<a href="./index.php?/page/articles/community/tos" target="_self">Terms Of Service</a>

the link is simply a place holder awaiting a time when the documents are written and the real link can be inserted, but for now they appear as:

<a href="#" target="_self">Terms Of Service</a>

The "#" simply makes the browser return to the top of the current page.

There is no linking to the flash player. And at the moment, I am the site guy. Contacting the info@michigan..... email address only serves to slow the process of either getting an element fixed, or explained as the board members first have to wade though the inbox, find your request, then pass it along to me. Blueberry, who is another Admin capable of fixing any site errors is busy with the co-op data bases and most likely would just pass along any request concerning the MMMA site as well.

Hope this explains.

Best

PS: @

imiubu

Man I will see if I can get a tutorial made up. If you're having problems, other may be as well. Thanks for your suggestion.

It's not "tied" to the flash player. It's simply making your browser return to the top of the page. It's a design element that isn't finished. The old site had neither a privacy policy or a terms of service, and in the design, these elements were put into the skin. So the links are there, but instead of linking to say:

<a href="./index.php?/page/articles/community/tos" target="_self">Terms Of Service</a>

the link is simply a place holder awaiting a time when the documents are written and the real link can be inserted, but for now they appear as:

<a href="#" target="_self">Terms Of Service</a>

The "#" simply makes the browser return to the top of the current page.

There is no linking to the flash player. And at the moment, I am the site guy. Contacting the info@michigan..... email address only serves to slow the process of either getting an element fixed, or explained as the board members first have to wade though the inbox, find your request, then pass it along to me. Blueberry, who is another Admin capable of fixing any site errors is busy with the co-op data bases and most likely would just pass along any request concerning the MMMA site as well.

Hope this explains.

Best

PS: @

imiubu

Man I will see if I can get a tutorial made up. If you're having problems, other may be as well. Thanks for your suggestion.

:D :D :D :D THANKS, I'll keep trying in the mean time!

Have a grrreat day.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

hmmm well I e-mailed them, didn't know what else to do, wish I could see these policies, need to know.

Silverblue

I understand. Most people don't care about privacy policies and terms of service. Though I will say an "Acceptable User Policy" has been written. My other request for these other pages just keeps sinking down in to the obscurity of the Moderators Lounge...:rolleyes:

Knowing of you what I could deem within a few post my bet is you're worried about the privacy aspect of this site, so maybe I can help you there:

If your email is set to private....no one but moderators and admins have your email available, and your email is never passed on to any third party advertiser or group.

Your IP is logged on the site, but members, and similar groups (i.e. CC-Organizer, etc.) have no access to this information. IP's are used by the system to differentiate malicious users that may make multiple accounts from which to cause mischief and nothing else.

Hope this helps

best

I understand. Most people don't care about privacy policies and terms of service. Though I will say an "Acceptable User Policy" has been written. My other request for these other pages just keeps sinking down in to the obscurity of the Moderators Lounge...:rolleyes:

Knowing of you what I could deem within a few post my bet is you're worried about the privacy aspect of this site, so maybe I can help you there:

If your email is set to private....no one but moderators and admins have your email available, and your email is never passed on to any third party advertiser or group.

Your IP is logged on the site, but members, and similar groups (i.e. CC-Organizer, etc.) have no access to this information. IP's are used by the system to differentiate malicious users that may make multiple accounts from which to cause mischief and nothing else.

Hope this helps

best

Hi Garfield, Yes, you have been very helpful, thank you very much; you answered some of my questions. I have a lot to say on the issue of privacy rights but I don't know if there's a proper place to post that on this site, maybe my blog would be a better place? Thank you for all your help.

I came to this site to learn about the issues patients and cg's face, before I decide if I feel comfortable applying for MM.

Silverblue

with the old webpage mmma 1.0 i couldnt log in and comment, i was having the same problem as you...i was forced to just lurk for months...as soon as they changed over to 2.0 i can log in and comment fine. occasionally i'll get bumped from reading a topic but i think each time it happened it was because of web traffic. i have no idea what im talking about, actually. sorry ur having problems, silverblue. dont go away please, ur posts, when u CAN post, are always great.

with the old webpage mmma 1.0 i couldnt log in and comment, i was having the same problem as you...i was forced to just lurk for months...as soon as they changed over to 2.0 i can log in and comment fine. occasionally i'll get bumped from reading a topic but i think each time it happened it was because of web traffic. i have no idea what im talking about, actually. sorry ur having problems, silverblue. dont go away please, ur posts, when u CAN post, are always great.

Hi, thank you. I got most of the problems cleared up. Every site has glitches. Being this is a new site, I can understand it'd take some time to get it working right.

Silverblue

Garfield, Hello again, I can't delete my blog, I deleted the entries but can't delete the rest of it though I get the message box with the option to delete it but when I click delete blog, nothing happens. If I'm doing something wrong I am truly embarrassed. I feel like such a pest. :(

Silverblue

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Garfield, Hello again, I can't delete my blog, I deleted the entries but can't delete the rest of it though I get the message box with the option to delete it but when I click delete blog, nothing happens. If I'm doing something wrong I am truly embarrassed. I feel like such a pest. :(

Silverblue

This is an actual bug you've happened upon. It's noted as "fixed" in the 2.1.1 update of the IP.Blog. I could bother the IPB Techs and have them port over the fix so this is fixed till we can update, but I think I'll just wait for the whole update. I guess it really depends how long till the RC version is released. Right now it's in beta so I don't imagine it'll be that long.

I've taken the liberty to delete your blog for you.

Best