Loco for Coco

boroboro

On 4/12/2010 at 3:41 PM, jobryan said:

I have seen ads for coconuts from florida. Are there any coir suppliers in the US? or is everything shipped from the other side of the planet?

Coco coir is a global product produced where coconuts grow and shipped around the world.  There are many domestic suppliers of the product in various forms, from hydro stores to commercial suppliers.

I've been reading some of the comments on blending coco coir with other products; perlite, dirt, worm castings etc.  The truth is, coir makes every and any media  blend better.  Coir is unsurpassed when used alone, so any amount used is beneficial.

I spent a couple years selling coir, (and coir is the proper name for the product ) for a major manufacturer and I learned a ton about the product and how to use it.  From some of the largest medical cannabis growers in North America too....  If anyone is interested shoot me a message.

Ziffy

On 3/4/2012 at 10:38 PM, rockinlespaul said:

I'm going to try Canna Coco...

Do you need to add anything to this coco?

They will be going in 5 gallon pots.

I was using Promix with added perlite and dolomite lime.

Do I need to add these to coco?

Thanks!

You have to add nutrients of course to coco coir.  I say of course, but you'd be amazed the number of people who don't know there ARE NO NUTRIENTS in coco coir.  Other than that, no, you need add nothing else except love.  Most major medical growers in North America grow in straight coco coir in 3-gallon grow bags, addng nothing but water and nuts.

Ziffy

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...