FYI: How much ventilation do I need in my grow room?

llamabox

Each fan has a rating that tells you how many cubic feet of air per minute (CFM) it will move. When dealing with above average temperatures you will want your fan to exchange the grow room air 3-5 times in one minute, so for a room that is 40 cubic feet, a fan that is capable of moving 120-200 cfm (cubic feet per minute) is recommended. If you only want to replace depleted levels of co2 and are growing in a closet using fluorescent lights, one room change per five minutes (divide room size by 5) will be adequate.

To calculate your room size, multiply Width by Length by Height, this will give you the CFM rating required for one room change per minute.

Air that’s exhausted will be replaced by fresh air, which is drawn from Passive Intakes- located opposite the exhaust at the floor of your grow room (Recommended for closet grows) or forced in using another blower (recommended for larger grow rooms). For internal circulation oscillating fans are In my opinion the most efficient devices for circulating air in a room. The gentle back and forth sway of the fan is very beneficial for the developing plants. These fans tend to keep anaerobic molds down by constantly freshening any potentially stagnant air. Home improvement centers carry a large array of various types and styles of air-moving fans, there are wall-mounted styles available and most are relatively inexpensive.

NOTE: To convert CFM to CMH use the following formula CFM X 0.03 X 60 = CMH (Cubic Meter per Hour)

If I have a 15X18 enclosed room (cement floors) I plan on setting up someday.

I have an exhaust through the roof already set up which will be

venting the filtered air from 3 tents (4x8) in that room.

I will be running CO2 in the tents, temp should not be an issue at all with

the fans, exhaust and all

BUT do I need to cut a fresh air intake into my room????

If so of course I do it as low as possible and Id have a fan with it for pulling

the air in, I was thinking of just using a dryer exhaust vent as it will be easy to

install and wont look out of place.

Mayor herb always there to help out with the ventilation questions, good man.

haha...mayor herb huh...well

There is a mayor herb...hes a member here...around here somewhere

Yeah... who thought ventilation would need to be an art an science ?

Let legalize cannabis!!!!!

Then we can all just grow this freakin' stuff in the back yard!

Peace!~HG

Archived