Revegging a harvested plant

• 1 month later...

I have done revegging in the past, those oddly shaped leaves are a natural thing. These are called whorled leaves, such whorls appear repeatedly in nature. The single leafs are also natural. In a while, once you have taken those new growth spots for clones, the leaves will indeed straighten out and start normal growth once again...keep 'em green...Peace...j.b.

I hope others have tried this technique its worked very well for me.

I have re vegged and it works very well, I trimmed off a large chunk of the root ball when I transplanted it which stopped it in it's tracks for a couple of weeks, but after that it grew very nicely.

• 1 year later...

Well I ran into a plant that would not reveg.Quality was good node structure very dense.It didnt have a very good taste but I would have liked to mix her with others I run.

theone.jpg

So what I'm saying dont just rely on reveg to save the plant after harvest.A good safty net would be to take a clone during the veg of said plant.The loss of a plant count using the clone is part of the sacrafice someone must consider when trying to make new crosses.I hope this helps someone because had I taken the clone I would still be able to try these new crosses.Relying on the reveg cost me this plant this 1 time.

Happy Growing Guys and Gals

No problem toadinacan my pleasure.Drtarzanmd it makes more sense the way You do it.If You clone before preflowers show.You would run the chance of taking up 2 plant slots on a male.Also maybe a plant that wont reveg will if revegged early in the 12 12 process.Anyway I wish You luck and hope You get to keep YOur keeper.

I had a strain that I really liked, but wanted to move on. So I flowered out the mother. About 7 weeks into the 10 week flower, I went WTF am I doing??? I DON"T WANT TO LOSE IT! Anyway, I took a cutting, (luckily this plant roots/clones really easy) and cloned it in a normal aero cloner, and put in a MH closet with a 18/6 light cycle with my mothers. All of its leaves ended up dying, and it grew one big "whorled" leaf... I thought it was a gonner, but let it keep trying cause the one big leaf was still green.

It is now one of my most viable mothers. it is a short sativa with some VERY giggly properties to it. I wish I could figure out the strain so I could just get some seeds.

Cedar

• 1 year later...