Cloner

Stewedscrewed

So I built a cloner, and I have a few questions. First of it's ok to look under neth the lid right, or will it stunt or slow growth . I'm using a bucket cloner with clone on the cutting and the clonex water for water under a t5 and the temp is 78 al day long, with that said how long till I should be Able to see some sign of life forming?

I'm new to this cloning and could use a mentor of sorts for questions if intrested in heping me out let me know.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Even longer then 3-10 days in some strains is normal. Most strains will root in about a week, and this leaves the last 2 weeks for your clones to develop a great root system wile in your cloner before moving to veg. Kushes seem to root in this time frame. But I've noticed strains like White Widow taking far longer, and this is fine too, though it may screw with your time table for a perpetual harvest.

Just relax. The clones may even start looking a bit ragged as they sap everything they need from the leaves till the roots start going well.

Best of Luck!

IF you find a strain that you are unable to clone in a reasonable time you may want to try something a old schooler taught me. The first week is crutial to the survival of a clone. So when you cant keep those super hard strains to clone, like if you bring a plant or clone inside from the cold,, weathred branches, or some super hardy strains that have rock hard stalks and don't allow the water to immediately soak up. There are many reasons that this has uses.

Take your clone machine, aero, water, combo. even with some craft you can use on aero garden.

Nutramist fogger, there are a couple way to do this either buy a three head 80.00.. and pump pure fog to the roots,

Or FOR MOST OF US that have a cloner already set up that works ok, Get a single head fogger 30.00 for the kit. They come with a float and sit just under the water and pump out pure 8nheated fog. if you have a digital timer run about 2hr. on, or less, and off 4 hr. if not just run cycles that work for your size machine. 90% humidity is ideal to keep those leaves good and for you plant. There have been some posts about a heat mat I believe that anyone inside this would cook your clones, The reason that most people will try this is to get humidity on their dome.

So try a fogger and you may not need one if you dont have any hard to clone strains,, but I use mine every time I run the machine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

if u have a hard to clone strain it's really basics for any strain... 100% humidity for the first week (if you are using a humid dome make sure you break the seal every other day to allow for fresh air otherwise mold will start and clone will wilt) bubble cloners are better than aeroponics IMOP because aeroponics overwaters 90% of the time and underwaters if you set it up wrong.. bubble will basically keep clones somewhat moist depending on your setup which is what you want... the best way to clone is to soil and the second best is to rock wool cubes... rock wool ph tends to jump up unless you know how to keep it under control. Soil ph balances to the water you place in it which makes it the best and most stable.. back to the dome.. you plants when freshly cut have no roots so they cannot feed through the base... they can only consume water and such through the leaves until a root system starts so that's the need for high humidity.. if you cannont create a dome make sure you mist your clones with ph balanced water 4-5 times a day or more.. your ph for clones should be low 5.5 or a bit above and make sure your water temp is up to par.. low water temps slow rooting, and sometimes slow it enough to kill the cutting.

as for when the root form that all depends on the setup, chemicals, water quality and strain. if you don't see roots after 14 days be done with them anything after 10 without descent roots in a CLONER is really not good genetics... if you are cloning to soil or rock wool allow 2 weeks

i hate to keep blowing the post up bust also make sure you take the right steps on the mother when cloning.. water with straight water for atleast two feedings before clipping and also foliar feed PH balance WATER with no nutrients during that time... it will flush a large amount of the chemicals out of the mother making it easier to clone.

• 1 year later...

I've been using rooting hormone, rockwool, and upside-down zip lock bags(with upward corner cut out for ease of spraying). success rates while not the best at about 65%, are not the problem. Problem is that the clones are slow to grow after they've rooted. Thinking aeroponic clone machine may be better.

I've been using rooting hormone, rockwool, and upside-down zip lock bags(with upward corner cut out for ease of spraying). success rates while not the best at about 65%, are not the problem. Problem is that the clones are slow to grow after they've rooted. Thinking aeroponic clone machine may be better.

When I built this cloner I was very impressed. When

cloning in a domb I would get 65% or so and it would take

10 to 14 days. In the cloner I get roots and growth from the

cutting at about 7 to 10 days. I also added a air stone and

A chiller to keep my temps down to about 70 degrees. I have 99% sucsess rate using this method. Oh and I use clonex water additive to my ph balanced water which I set at about 5.5. I say take the 70 bucks or so and build a cloner. Best of luck to you.

No dome or cover? No need to mist the cuttings' leafs?

When I built this cloner I was very impressed. When

cloning in a domb I would get 65% or so and it would take

10 to 14 days. In the cloner I get roots and growth from the

cutting at about 7 to 10 days. I also added a air stone and

A chiller to keep my temps down to about 70 degrees. I have 99% sucsess rate using this method. Oh and I use clonex water additive to my ph balanced water which I set at about 5.5. I say take the 70 bucks or so and build a cloner. Best of luck to you.

Thanks " Stewedscrewed " for sharing ...

I was thinking about trying one ,

Just to test it ...

I'm still using Rapid Rooter and clonex jell ...

Im probly 85 % success rate

Hey Dr. T, I have a tutorial o the site of a real easy build. I recommend it highly. No pun intended. Good luck!

I have pretty much the same experience as SS, my clone rate is at 100% (except the time that I tried to use plain water minus the Clonex liquid).

DO NOT use rockwool or rapid rooters if you plan on using Aero for veg and flower, it clogs everything later.

Here's what I do with my cloner:

1) Mix the Clonex and water and adjust the PH to 5.8

2) Cut the clone and put it in the cloner

3) Turn the pump on and let it run 24/7 until your get roots (additionally have a T5 light on them 24/7 until veg)

100% success rate so far with tons of clones. Please note the above posters that some strains take longer to pop roots, mine generally take between 10 and 14 days. Since I've had a lot of success with this method I hate to change anything!

If you need directions on how much Clonex you need in your cloner there's a reference here: http://www.stinkbuddies.com/pdfs/Aerocloner%20Assembly%20Instructions%20vers%201.pdf

Best of luck!

Peace,

Zeke

Guest MosCutty

Here is my latest cloner that I am very satisfied with. I'm always looking to use less solution to cut cost, so I like a cloner that only takes about 3 gallons to cover the pump.

I usually start seeing roots at 3-5 depending on genetics and have rocking roots in 7-10 days.

These are Pre'98 after 9 days.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Didn't see you started this thread Bro, I would have given input sooner.

Mos

Here is my latest cloner that I am very satisfied with. I'm always looking to use less solution to cut cost, so I like a cloner that only takes about 3 gallons to cover the pump.

I usually start seeing roots at 3-5 depending on genetics and have rocking roots in 7-10 day

These are Pre'98 after 9 days.

DSC_0001.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee497/moscutty/new%20work/DSC_0002.jpg[/img

Didn't see you started this thread Bro, I would have given input sooner.

Mos

Mos tell me one of those cuts is for me. I want that pre98 more then you know! As always I hope all is well!

Guest MosCutty

Mos tell me one of those cuts is for me. I want that pre98 more then you know! As always I hope all is well!

LOL, your a good man SS, so I will cut a Pre'98 for you on my next cloning run. These babies are spoken for by me, LOL and are being run in my RDWC for a early October finish.

I just wanted to show you guys how my clones look going in and coming out. Notice they look the same, no leaf loss or weird stuff and strong white roots!

This is how I insure the best start whether the cuts are for myself or someone else. :thumbsu:

I'll let you know when I'm firing off cuts again. At the moment I'm working with a few special seeds, once they are moved along cuts will be taken then you shall have your Pre'98. LOL

Daaayuumm, I still gotta get Brandan, Blue Dream you guys know how to stick a brotha up!

Mos

LOL, your a good man SS, so I will cut a Pre'98 for you on my next cloning run. These babies are spoken for by me, LOL and are being run in my RDWC for a early October finish.

I just wanted to show you guys how my clones look going in and coming out. Notice they look the same, no leaf lossor weird stuff and strong white roots!

This is how I insure the best start whether the cuts are for myself or someone else. :thumbsu:

I'll let you know when I'm firing off cuts again. At the moment I'm working with a few special seeds, once they are moved along cuts will be taken then you shall have your Pre'98. LOL

Daaayuumm, I still gotta get Brandan, Blue Dream you guys know how to stick a brotha up!

Mos

I love it! Mos your a good man yourself.

Archived