Trichome Pics For When To Harvest

• 1 month later...

I harvest Cloudy, but it's more calming to me than rushing or rushy.

The sativas when clear n' cloudy are long lasting and very clear and feel good. Very little anxiety, more mellow and feelgood.

Yo, Is there someone who can look at my photos and advise me on wheather or not to harvest? My phone wont upload photos.

So I'll have to email them to you.

Thanks,

Lil Scottie Reeferseed

Yo, Is there someone who can look at my photos and advise me on wheather or not to harvest? My phone wont upload photos.

So I'll have to email them to you.

Thanks,

Lil Scottie Reeferseed

That might be a little hard... Cell phones have low quality (normally, newer phones have good camera's in them) but, to really see the color, is to get a good magnifying glass of some sort...

I have a 40x jewelers loupe coming in the mail now. I am excited to see the trics that close. I think that I am going to harvest some buds when cloudy, some half and half, and some totally amber all from the same plant to compare the medical effects of each phase of ripeness.

After the flowers are picked and drying/curing do the tricomes continue to turn amber?

Hello to all,

My garden has been unintentionally seeded. All the trichomes seem to be clear. I've been flowering for 8 wks. There are fully matured seeds in the buds.

Question: Will trichomes continue to ripen even though she's completely knocked-up and ready to deliver?

Question: Will I yield more if I continue to wait or are they finished and just wait'n to drop their seed.

Question: I've sampled the clear trichome nugs and they do the trick. This contradicts most of the articles i've read. Is the harvest window different for pollenated plants?

Thanks for your input,

L.S. Reeferseed

the fact that your plants are pollinated bears zero effect on trichomes, their color, or when to harvest ;)

they will continue to turn cloudy and then amber in time with or without seeds.

Thanks. Dang. I was hoping to hear "Yank em and smoke em!". Been 12 wks or so. Gett'n antsy! Do you agree that its alright to harvest buds from the same plant at diff times? Is this benefital to the lower buds or is it an excuse to jump the gun?

Thanks again,

L.S. Reeferseed

Thanks. Dang. I was hoping to hear "Yank em and smoke em!". Been 12 wks or so. Gett'n antsy! Do you agree that its alright to harvest buds from the same plant at diff times? Is this benefital to the lower buds or is it an excuse to jump the gun?

Thanks again,

L.S. Reeferseed

excuse to jump the gun. lol. :lol:

i prefer not to do the multi-harvest thing from a single plant. just my personal opinion. once you cut those first branches off, the plant must re-direct its attention to fixing its wounds and that takes energy away from moving other things along.

although, i can see myself doing the multi-harvest thing quite often in Michigan. i can see it being a great tool to stay within the laws when you grow tress as i normally have. just harvest a couple ounces and let the rest grow. harvest as needed for a couple weeks ;) just may come in handy.

excuse to jump the gun. lol. :lol:

i prefer not to do the multi-harvest thing from a single plant. just my personal opinion. once you cut those first branches off, the plant must re-direct its attention to fixing its wounds and that takes energy away from moving other things along.

although, i can see myself doing the multi-harvest thing quite often in Michigan. i can see it being a great tool to stay within the laws when you grow tress as i normally have. just harvest a couple ounces and let the rest grow. harvest as needed for a couple weeks ;) just may come in handy.

Thanks again. May just. Clear trichomes will take away pains. I'm sure none of you growers know that though. ;)

Clear trichomes will take away pains. I'm sure none of you growers know that though. ;)

on the contrary, i am a patient/caregiver. i was in a bad car accident. twisted my 3-5 lumbar up pretty good. anyways no sob story.......... i like sativas. and i have a couple strains that i prefer at about 75% clear - 25% cloudy.

but for when my back pain keeps me up at night, i reach for the indica jar. 75% amber - 25% cloudy. then it's back to sleep ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is great. As a Newbie I have no experience with the different stages. I was unable to find a good pic of the different stages as well. I have a 30x Jeweler loupe and the knowledge now. Thanks yall

Just wanted to say i agree totally!! Logged on to ask this exact question--when to harvest & how do I know what it REALLY looks like--so great to have it already there for me--again--MMA saves the day--this site has been very helpful--Thanks to ALL!!! Happy Harvest!

Archived