Chat Room?

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Chat rooms are generally expensive to run. They are server bandwidth hogs. Can't see us installing a chat, but IPB has one. Theres different programs for like 20 40 and 100$ a month or some crap depending on how many people at one time you want to allow. Can't see them asking us to install a chat...but you never know.

I would like to see a chat room or something along the lines of bongtv which is chat and video. Also would be cool if at some point they added some simple card games or something so we could all have some fun together while we medicate. I know I get bummed sometimes I can always make it to my local CC meetings but would love to get to know more people outside of my direct area. Cash strapped so I can't travel much to other meetings yet.

I would like to see a chat room or something along the lines of bongtv which is chat and video. Also would be cool if at some point they added some simple card games or something so we could all have some fun together while we medicate. I know I get bummed sometimes I can always make it to my local CC meetings but would love to get to know more people outside of my direct area. Cash strapped so I can't travel much to other meetings yet.

Most Poker Games have a Chat Option also, could Kill 2 Birds with 1 Stone.

I run a medical based MJ forum as well and we have been allowed to use the chat at Treating Yourself for a few years now. Marco is a great guy and loves helping the medical community. We like to schedule a weekly grow chat. Talk shop and help each other with questions and such. I will drop Marco a line and see what he says about you guys using it temporarily as well.

Treating Yourself Chat

I run a medical based MJ forum as well and we have been allowed to use the chat at Treating Yourself for a few years now. Marco is a great guy and loves helping the medical community. We like to schedule a weekly grow chat. Talk shop and help each other with questions and such. I will drop Marco a line and see what he says about you guys using it temporarily as well.

Treating Yourself Chat

great Idea, another option would be to start our own yahoo chat group or perhaps ICQ?

Treating Yourself Chat

That would be cool.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I promise when things slow down for me, I'll install the IP.Chat. Greg already has a key code for it for 5 people free. If you like it, chip in. But right now I'm swamped with finishing everything up and fixing whatever and tweeks to the system need to be done.

Chat rooms are generally expensive to run. They are server bandwidth hogs. Can't see us installing a chat, but IPB has one. Theres different programs for like 20 40 and 100$ a month or some crap depending on how many people at one time you want to allow. Can't see them asking us to install a chat...but you never know.

one of us can start a chat in yahoo or where ever you choose and put a link to it in here! we can chat and navigate the site at the same time,,just a thought!

I promise when things slow down for me, I'll install the IP.Chat. Greg already has a key code for it for 5 people free. If you like it, chip in. But right now I'm swamped with finishing everything up and fixing whatever and tweeks to the system need to be done.

Thanks for all your hard work, man.

GB

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

There's no log, but there is an active bot in the chat room, and all conversation (besides whispers to another user) resides on it's screen.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Guys, just an update. I went ahead and installed the IPB version of the chat room. It host up to 5 people. Mods have moderating functions in it. It's more tied to the site being it's IPB vs the IRC chat. If this turns out to be something you guys like and want more people to be able to access it, for $20.00 a year IPB will host up to 20 people. Though we could buy/donate for larger plans, I think this would do the site fine.

The plans and pricing are located here: http://www.invisionpower.com/products/chat/pricing.php

See ya