What's The Best Way To Kill The Smell Of Marijuana Smoke Odor?

You can simply use a blow tube which is a paper towel or TP roll with dryer sheets shoved in the middle. When you exhale blow though that. Of course it's less effective if you are smoking a joint because it's constantly burning.

Or you can build an Ona bucket

Thread from Cannabis Culture

You will need:

1. A five gallon bucket

2. A "muffin" fan, or a round fan of some sort that has the motor built into the compact frame of the fan.

3. A drill

4. A one pound container of Soil Moist, which is a water absorbing crystal. You can find it at almost all nurseries and grow shops.

5. ONA, or Odor Neutralizing Agent. You can get it at most grow shops or "baby" shops for new mommies.

6. A 5 gallon bucket lid, which may be optional.

You put the fan on the top of the bucket (cut a hole in the lid to make it fit if needed) blowing up.

Take the Ona, soil moist and water mix it all together put it in the bucket.

Drill holes in the bucket (above the "water line")

The fan will draw air in though the holes and mix with the Ona with laundry fresh air coming out the top.

I've though about building one on these completely un-marijuana related just to mask pet odors.

Best thing to do is stop smoking it and start vaporizing it - almost zero smell and what is there dissipates quickly, it is also much healthier for a patient.

Grow rooms are a different animal - carbon scrubbers.

Yeppers! Vaporizers are the way to go for us. Our landlord lives upstairs and now I don't have to go around spraying Ozium and a bunch of other crap (reminds me of living in a dorm in college...lol)

p.s. did anyone see Willie Nelson on Larry King this week? He's ALL ABOUT using vaporizers now! Willie, how do I love thee so much? LOL :D

• 1 year later...

You can simply use a blow tube which is a paper towel or TP roll with dryer sheets shoved in the middle. When you exhale blow though that. Of course it's less effective if you are smoking a joint because it's constantly burning.

Or you can build an Ona bucket

Thread from Cannabis Culture

You will need:

1. A five gallon bucket

2. A "muffin" fan, or a round fan of some sort that has the motor built into the compact frame of the fan.

3. A drill

4. A one pound container of Soil Moist, which is a water absorbing crystal. You can find it at almost all nurseries and grow shops.

5. ONA, or Odor Neutralizing Agent. You can get it at most grow shops or "baby" shops for new mommies.

6. A 5 gallon bucket lid, which may be optional.

You put the fan on the top of the bucket (cut a hole in the lid to make it fit if needed) blowing up.

Take the Ona, soil moist and water mix it all together put it in the bucket.

Drill holes in the bucket (above the "water line")

The fan will draw air in though the holes and mix with the Ona with laundry fresh air coming out the top.

I've though about building one on these completely un-marijuana related just to mask pet odors.

consider using a pipe going down into the mix so the air is drawn through the mix. would be more effective

Think about how a water pipe filters smoke. :)

In a pinch you can use bleach... the chlorine readily oxidizes the terpenes responsible for odor, bye bye reekage...

Orange spray (bottled essential oil I think, its pressurized, a spray can) works well and isn't something people usually use to cover the smell... the worst thing you can do is spray Febreeze. I swear the smell of Febreeze could almost be used as probable cause to blow your door down. Everyone knows what that smell means...

What do you recommend to kill the smell of Medical Marijuana Smoke odor to keep it from bothering the neighbors?

i use a carbon scrubber in both my smoke & grow areas. and vape's still have an odor in addition to the burnt popcorn... and ultimately doesn't address the issue of the med's itself reeking... esp if you got the goods. ozone generators will work if powerful enough for the amount of odor molecules, but is dangerous to one's health. and anything less is just a masking agent... still have the offending odors, just other odors that are stronger... so they'll still smell something out of the ordinary.

scrubbers is really the 'best' answer... for truly effective control... though costly & loud to operate. but with odors... this is an old school no brainer... take a zero tolerance approach. stay safe! peace.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

I have started to use medical marijuana for my health condition and it has worked great! I use it fairly frequently as I suffer from chronic pain but I really don't like the smoke smell on my clothes when I have places to go such as work. I have been using odor blockers that have really helped me feel confident about using it when I need. https://www.kushley.com/collections/sprays