Reply From Mark Schauer

HC

This is the email response I just received from my local un informed butt head

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding current marijuana policy in the United States. I appreciate hearing from my constituents on issues that are important to them. I apologize for the delay in my response. I have been working hard to respond to the many inquiries of my constituents as I set up my new office.

Under federal law, use of marijuana is illegal. While some states, Michigan included, have passed legislation to allow the use of marijuana for medical purposes, the harmful side effects of its use cannot be ignored. Marijuana seriously impairs the central nervous system's ability to control thoughts, mood, memory and coordination. Marijuana use damages the organs, glands, and hormones involved in growth and development, and poses increased risk of hypertension and heart disease. Marijuana is also a gateway drug that too often has lead to young people getting involved with even more serious substances. For these reasons, I fully support the current federal laws in place regarding marijuana usage.

Again, thank you for contacting me. If you should have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Z

Mark Schauer

Member of Congress

So I replied with

Sir,

Please educate yourself before sending emails with false information in me. I will not vote for you because you do not represent me or my comunnity that voted by 63% in Michigan. I will be looking for someone that will stand up for my rights and stop the false arrests of dieing people.

Thank you for you response and I will forward this to the Michigan Norml to be added to the list of people against Medical Marijuana.

My vote does count

HC... thanks for adding another politician's name along with how they view MMJ to the list with 'MINORML' so that we can ALL get a better picture of just WHO IS and IS NOT for our MMJ rights.

If this 'list' of pols both pro and anti can be gotten together we will at last have something to base our voting choices on come November.

And we have to remember it isn't JUST the local and State pols we have to be concerned about... we also need to know how the Federal Reps lean.

Thanks very much.

Archived