Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Just tried out some H2O2 on the plants and it looks like i nuked them..

29%

3ml/gal as per directions for maybe an hour... replaced 3/4 of the water as soon as i realized...

WTH i thought this was supposed to be good for them

everything treated wilted...

I'm feeling for ya, I'm hoping things start to turn your way soon

Showing signs of recovery, i donno what happened but whatever, im about ready to give up and start looking for some shady chump to get vikes off and forget itever happened

def. dont wanna see that happen :)

please do not take ANY offense to this,but ya need to get away from what you have now.

go soil/pro-mix whatever, or go EXACTLY as shown here:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/tutorials/t-36-diy-2-plant-hydro-bubbletote-build/

we just need to get you back on solid ground with plants you can smile at........ instead of suffering over :)

def. dont wanna see that happen :)

please do not take ANY offense to this,but ya need to get away from what you have now.

go soil/pro-mix whatever, or go EXACTLY as shown here:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/tutorials/t-36-diy-2-plant-hydro-bubbletote-build/

we just need to get you back on solid ground with plants you can smile at........ instead of suffering over :)

No offense, but I AM DOING EXACTLY WHAT IS SHOWN...

gallery_11199_188_1462682.jpg

gallery_11199_188_2195265.jpg

I don't see how what I am doing is any different?

That is 3 plants and they are autoflowers, (the 4 hole is for PH'ing) so i suspect they are fine...

My overall plan is to put 2 into one of these short, wide, 5gals.. not...but the plan is 3' high plants overall..

The net pots and hydroton have no bearing on the issues, sooo...

The plants need space, but not that much space, we've all see high densitie grow...

I am somewhat in flush, lastnight after the peroxide feasko i put them in 1/4 strength...

AFA how the water looks. Ionic is amber with no sediment.. Boost is bright orange.. (think GH) so the water never looks dirty

BG, I remeber seeing a post about havin an issue with the grommets on 5 gal buckets leaking due to the fact that they don,t have a flat surface. Whats the fix??

a nice tight fit..

I took a 7/8'' hole saw and ran the teeth on a bench grinder (the side profile) till it was a nice TIGHT 7/8'' (for using 1/2'') grommetz

thats about it right there. a tight fit.

i use a spade bit for these smaller holes and an actual hole saw for the bigger ones. works either way though.

i try to drill the holes out just a bit small, and then hollow them out/clean them the rest of the way with a steak knife until the hole is just big enough..... and no more :)

just make it tight

if your palms arent almost bleeding after pushing 18-20 straight connectors through, its not tight enough

BG, wanted to say, not trying to steal any thunder, just here a lot, trying to hammer down the issues.

I stay out of issues that i know i should't be in, but mechanics and construction, like the back of my hand...

never a problem :)

How about trying to clone from a plant that has been in flower for 5 weeks?

Is this possible? And if so, how does it affect the cut plant and the finished product of the clone?

sure.

it may take a litlle while longer to grow roots, and it may begin to grow a bit deformed at first after it has rooted. but it will grow out of it.

I was thinking of scaling down from 2 1k bulbs to 1 1k bulb and just using the new sun system "the ocho" :hot: hood....it says it gets more coverage, but I dont know if if worth it to just spread 1k worth of light over a larger area or just stay with the 2k I have now....

any input from anyone would be great..?

thats going to have to 100% depend on you, your space, and your plants.

how large of a footprint are you trying to cover?

my little room is central air cooled, so i do not have to use air cooled hoods. i use the 4 foot diameter parabolic reflectors in there. pretty large :)

but big isnt better. you are still using the same 1000watts. just spreading it our more evenly. i used to use a cooled hood, and i lit a 4 x 4 print with it. with the parabolics, i can cover a 5 x 5 area.

now when i put that parabolic on a 4ft light rail, i can cover a 5 x 8 area just fine.

dont mind the red arrow. its an old pic, i just dug it up to show you.

gallery_13801_60_37596.jpg

depends on plant count, plant size, and you :)

the big difference between totes and buckets is final plant size. if you are going to be growing bigger plants/wiry sativas, you want to use 5gal buckets. maybe veg in 10gallon totes w/ 2 plants per tote, but then remove the net pot with the plant and set it in a 5gl bucket to flower. if you are going to be growing smaller indica strains, then you can get away with the 10 gallons totes and having 2 plants per tote from beginning to end.

Thinking I'd like to grow my 12. I am assuming 2 mothers as you outlined in your perpetual grow setup. Do I want two mothers to cut from one and then the other every 9 days or do I only need one mother? Do you outline for two mothers so you can grow two different strains?

hey sorry i missed this post :(

yes, two mothers so you can grow 2 different strains, you got it :)

sorry it took so long. kick me next time :)

do I need to change my water in my DIY aero cloner??? also if my water is getting to warm in the cloner how do I chill it?

i change my water once a week (or so).

with the exception of ice jugs, chilling aerocloners can be tough to do cheaply.

if i find that if my water is getting too warm in the veg room, i just find a small closet or shelf or somewhere out of the way (in a different room) where its cooler. throw a cfl or 2 in there and check back in 10 days :)

great question. water temp is very important to rooting. warm water will def. make your cloning process take longer.

70-75 is ok.

Guest Mr_smith

i like pics :)

We know... lol

Interesting fact: Jipo and I met in 5th grade and became best friends because we were both late on the first day of school, wearing identical grave digger shirts lol

Theres gonna be lots of bubbles where we live.. lmao