Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

:blink: On Dec. 5th I was looking at some white trichomes, so I started flushing them. I'm in bubble totes. I've been waiting to see some color, but it just isn't happening yet. Did I screw something up? Do I need more patience? Will it happen fast? LOL! :blink: I've had my Fiskars and my surgical gloves out for days. I want to cut something! :sword:

Am I too anxiuos?

if you started your final flush at the first site of milky trichomes, then yes, you more than likely jumped the gun a bit. im sure you havent screwed anything up..... just maybe a bit impatient. the whole process takes a bit of time to occur. just for safe measure, when growing a brand new strain, i wait until i see my very first amber trich, then i flush for 10 days. then i can make a schedule from that point. if i think it needs to be grown a bit longer, then next time i know that "first amber trichs show about day 58 and i wanna go out to 65" or whatever.

depending on your strain, it could be an entire month or more between sighting of the first milky trich to the first amber one.

for newer growers, i definitely suggest waiting until you see that first amber trichome. its hard to go wrong like that. and then if that produces too much of a couchlock effect for you, and you wish to harvest a bit earlier, you'll know when that is.

if you started your final flush at the first site of milky trichomes, then yes, you more than likely jumped the gun a bit. im sure you havent screwed anything up..... just maybe a bit impatient. the whole process takes a bit of time to occur. just for safe measure, when growing a brand new strain, i wait until i see my very first amber trich, then i flush for 10 days. then i can make a schedule from that point. if i think it needs to be grown a bit longer, then next time i know that "first amber trichs show about day 58 and i wanna go out to 65" or whatever.

depending on your strain, it could be an entire month or more between sighting of the first milky trich to the first amber one.

for newer growers, i definitely suggest waiting until you see that first amber trichome. its hard to go wrong like that. and then if that produces too much of a couchlock effect for you, and you wish to harvest a bit earlier, you'll know when that is.

Thanks BG! I've got ten of these in five totes. I put four of them in flush two weeks ago, I'm getting a feel for this strain. I took a few nuggets when I put the first four in flush. Hey... smoke your meds and then try to say that three times! "FIRST FOUR IN FLUSH" :rock: OK, the dank is fruity and just starting to skunk up, the smoke is smooth, the buzz is mild, the pain relief is amazing! I can see why those African tribesmen used this for ceremonies. And it's gonna' get even stronger?!?! This is fun!

Hey Bubblegrower....I am scrapping my buckets and using linked totes....18 gallon roughneck totes to be exact....where do you get your fittings to link the buckets and do they make larger versions????

thanks in advance

here you can find 3/4"

grommets in all sizes: http://www.4hydroponics.com/hydroponics/pumps2.asp?ItemNo=grommets

connectors: http://www.4hydroponics.com/hydroponics/pumps2.asp?ItemNo=barbedConnectors

any bigger and it should really be pvc IMO. easier to handle and much safer.

BUT...... why the 18gallon?? i have found that it is a huge waste of nutes to use such large containers to grow in.

here you can find 3/4"

grommets in all sizes: http://www.4hydropon...ItemNo=grommets

connectors: http://www.4hydropon...arbedConnectors

BUT...... why the 18gallon?? i have found that it is a huge waste of nutes to use such large containers to grow in.

Man, I just got the water warm enough for my outdoor grow. Too big, huh?hottubinsnow.jpg

here you can find 3/4"

grommets in all sizes: http://www.4hydroponics.com/hydroponics/pumps2.asp?ItemNo=grommets

connectors: http://www.4hydroponics.com/hydroponics/pumps2.asp?ItemNo=barbedConnectors

I would like to find some 8 gallon containers (that I would not have to paint or cover in some manner) but I am having problems finding such a container without ordering stuff online...i was hoping the grommets and connectors would be available at a local store and not online....Look like another revamp to what I was thinking....

AEROCLONERS AND WHAT TO DO WITH YOUR CLONES

after 4-15 days depending on strain and what stage of life the "mother" was in, you will see roots like these:

med_gallery_13801_60_1603442.jpg

Just wanna throw this out there cuz I'm very proud :P

3.5 days in a aero cloner

47e80429.jpg

:P

One thing I notice on your clones, is you just do the 45° cut, I generally take my blade after cutting them and gently run it down the sides of the stem to shave some of the outer skin off of the stem as to allow for tons of root sights.

Edited by Jipo

Just wanna throw this out there cuz I'm very proud :P

3.5 days in a aero cloner

47e80429.jpg

:P

One thing I notice on your clones, is you just do the 45° cut, I generally take my blade after cutting them and gently run it down the sides of the stem to shave some of the outer skin off of the stem as to allow for tons of root sights.

sorry brudda..... you wrong.... i been scraping them stems longer than you been alive :)

http://michiganmedic...ivating-clones/

med_gallery_13801_60_266582.jpg

gallery_13801_60_1692115.jpg

Edited by bubblegrower

I started a bubble tote the other day and since I've found a strange phenomenon...

The roots are collecting something? It's a white, almost powdery substance...

as soon as you move the roots, it comes off the roots in chunks or particles..

The first night, I used Ionic grow @700ppm.. I've been using well water that PH's to 7.0 and 200ppm out of the tap..

Ionic has ZERO sediment in it...

After the first night, I switched to Botanicare veg (these are experimental plants anyway) @700ppm and I found the same problem the next day (today)

Here is a pic, it's not the best representation, but when I left the plants the night before, you could see the bottom of the tote without issue... (this is after about 14-16hrs)

gallery_11199_188_2083292.jpg

hey bud, sorry to bail so fast on ya earlier. we'll get back to that topic later :)

well, im not familiar with the ionic...... and definitely not familiar with well water either......... but i would dump and just roll with clean water for 24-48 hours and see what happens.

your roots look pretty white..... did you have many brown or dying roots back when your plants were looking bad?? i have had plants get REAL brown roots before.... and then i found the problem, fixed it, and it started growing new white roots, but many of those old brown ones died, and became a million particles in the water. just a thought.

Happy Holidays!

After weeks and weeks of nursing this thing along, I finally took her down today. 84.5 grams on the cola. Wet, but still a nice nugget for my first bubble tote grow.

I still have camera and posting issues. If I had a teenager at home I could get some help. Hope you can see it. I had fun!

post-16255-0-57015200-1293414132_thumb.jpg

Happy Holidays!

After weeks and weeks of nursing this thing along, I finally took her down today. 84.5 grams on the cola. Wet, but still a nice nugget for my first bubble tote grow.

I still have camera and posting issues. If I had a teenager at home I could get some help. Hope you can see it. I had fun!

post-16255-0-57015200-1293414132_thumb.jpg

nice pull!!

that'll more than likely dry to right about 1oz. ..... nice sized flower :goodjob::thumbsu: :thumbsu:

im sure you learned a ton along the way as well. so you know it only gets better/bigger from here :)

nice pull!!

that'll more than likely dry to right about 1oz. ..... nice sized flower :goodjob::thumbsu: :thumbsu:

im sure you learned a ton along the way as well. so you know it only gets better/bigger from here :)

Thanks BG. And thanks for all your help along the way. I've learned a ton of stuff here, from you and from the many others who share their wisdom. The perpetual grow is starting to take shape. I'm pushing them into one end of the pipe, and they're starting to flow out the the other end.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

hey bud, sorry to bail so fast on ya earlier. we'll get back to that topic later :)

well, im not familiar with the ionic...... and definitely not familiar with well water either......... but i would dump and just roll with clean water for 24-48 hours and see what happens.

your roots look pretty white..... did you have many brown or dying roots back when your plants were looking bad?? i have had plants get REAL brown roots before.... and then i found the problem, fixed it, and it started growing new white roots, but many of those old brown ones died, and became a million particles in the water. just a thought.

No problem...

Well, my well water is high in CA (~200ppm I would guess), that's really about it.. It doesn't smell bad or turn anything brown..

The Ionic, like I said, doesn't have any particles in it, the Botanicare, some, but not much...

AFA the roots, they look FINE? It's the strangest thing I've ever seen... I see some are a little brown, but nothing that would even raise an eyebrow..

I'm finding it's REALLYY difficult to get and keep the PH down at/near 5.8 ph also...

Anyone else use neem oil?

Due to it sticking to the inside of my quart spray bottle, I'm concerned that there isn't much in solution. I added some mild soap to the solution as directed on the bottle, and you can still see a little bit on the insides of the bottle.

Thinking maybe I should make it in a bigger batch that I can agitate better.

Anyone else use neem oil?

Due to it sticking to the inside of my quart spray bottle, I'm concerned that there isn't much in solution. I added some mild soap to the solution as directed on the bottle, and you can still see a little bit on the insides of the bottle.

Thinking maybe I should make it in a bigger batch that I can agitate better.

yeah you have to shake it real well after every couple sprays. here's some help:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/25147-pest-prevention-and-eradication-101/page__view__findpost__p__226954

Hi everyone. First "help me post from a total beginner here.

I've got 4 clones in a new 4X4 tent under a 400w HPS and some big 75w CFLs. They were purchased in rockwool, due to trouble with the temps where the tent is, I had to keep them in the rockwool for 5 days, and then I put them in 1 gallon soil pots.

I've been bothered some yellow leaves and just a bit of brown spots. I've been picking off the yellow leaves as they come.

I have a 4" inline fan bringing rather cool fresh air, with a supplemental space heater to keep the temp up. The temp at the top of the plants is 74 to 76 degrees, the temp at the bottom of the pots is usually around 70 degrees. They also have a fan blowing on them so I can keep the lamp close, as I'm paranoid about too much stretching.

Check 'em out, let me know what you think. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated. Much thanks to Mr. Bubble Grower for answering my questions.

Got a Burmese Kush in there. . I've hit my upload max for now.

Thanks

post-15108-0-84915700-1293489130_thumb.jpg

post-15108-0-32140300-1293489659_thumb.jpg

post-15108-0-45499000-1293489708_thumb.jpg

post-15108-0-54459400-1293489717_thumb.jpg

post-15108-0-13560600-1293489762_thumb.jpg

post-15108-0-55365000-1293489774_thumb.jpg

post-15108-0-70348100-1293489797_thumb.jpg

post-15108-0-54489500-1293489809_thumb.jpg

Edited by Les