Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Havin' a fit there, BG? :lol:

About the webbing - look at the leaves on his plant. They're all webbed and bunny muffin. I believe there is a strain called Duck's Foot that is prized for having this trait. It's supposed to be stealthy because it does not have the normal leaf shape.

nice catch mezz.

i just assumed that the plant was taken as a clone from a mother plant that was already in flowering. taking clones from plants late in flower will produce some crazy looking leaves almost every time, and they can produce flowers from some strange places occasionally as well.

now that i re-read your post blake, i see that your plant came from seed. it could be caused by many different factors, but it doesnt seem to be affecting flower production at all. it could be that particular strain, it could have been a result of some crazy pesticide that the mexicans used (not being racist, but you did say it was a bagseed from long ago right?)

we all know what happens south of the border in their fields..... either way, it's a nice looking plant, and whatever you are doing blake..... she seems to be liking :) and your clone looks healthy as well.

Morning, Looks like I'm gonna be up and running a little sooner then I had thought, I think my bid went through on this house, just gotta get an inspection before I commit!

glad to hear jipo. best of luck.

get this:

a fellow MMMA member p.m.'d me the other day with some questions. no big deal. turns out she is a friend of an old friend/classmate.... blah blah... one of those kinds of things. so anyways, she asks if i can stop by and take a quick look at her gear and i say "ok". i was a little uncomfortable, as i always am entering someone else's grow room. and with the different laws here than in cali, and this only being the 3rd MI grow room i have been in, i was pretty sketchy to say the least.

for me its that whole "do unto others" thing.... only backwards. i would NEVER let anyone in my grow room. period. you better have a warrant and a badge (gun included). not even my patients. i mean i don't care to tour the aspirin factory to see how advil is made.... this should not be any different. i TOTALLY understand people having problems that just cannot be fixed via phone or email. that happens. and the trust that these people put in me to let me into their rooms is flattering to say the least..... but no matter what...... i feel uncomfortable. i feel like i wanna see what i gotta see, say what i gotta say, and get the "f" outta dodge. thats just me.

so anyways, i show up....... and she is HOT. i mean model status, drop-dead BEAUTIFUL. don't get me wrong, i am a VERY happily and faithfully married man..... but if you are a guy, you know what i mean.... she was gorgeous. i'm sure i blushed a little as we first met and shook hands. and i don't blush. so ok.... i'm helping her out, looking at things, and she had a few that came from reg. beans and had been on 12/12 for just a few days. sexing time. so i'm sifting through her plants real quick finding good examples of both males and females to point out for her. the room gets silent for a minute as i am searching for a male sac real quick and i get to thinking to myself..... "darn she is good looking. and i feel like a friggin hero right now for being the one to save the hot chick in distress..... now if i could only find a darn male pollen sac...... keep looking.... look.... look..... where's your balls.... where's your balls?" .......... and then my thinking got a little vocal :o and i said it out loud.... "where's your balls"

and she says INSTANTLY ..... "oh darn you are gay?..... because i was thinking....." and then she goes silent.........

im still on my hands and knees at this point looking for ball sacks, and my face is buried in the underbrush of her plants...... i know i have to look up now.... because of what she just said....

heart attack? darn near.

so i look up at her as she is BUSTING out laughing..... and she says "haha, just kidding dude, you are cute and all, but that DID sound gay as hell"

never been more uncomfortable in my life :rolleyes:

afterwards we talked a little more openly and "uncomfortably" for sure.

funny story, thought i would share.

and of course, since i mentioned the gay/lesbian community i have to throw in the MMMA disclaimer too.... i have no problems what-so-ever with the gay/lesbian community.... before any stupid stuff starts :)

I bought the ballast and the light/hood at an auction. I was very careful during transport. I was referring to a grow store because they might be willing to screw my bulb into one of their sockets or plug one of their hoods into my ballast as a test to see which one does not work. I will call and get the skinny. I am not sure about there being a fuse in my ballast. I know barely anything about HID lights/ballasts.

I don't think that my webbed girl is Wally's Duck's Foot. I have been talking to a member here that has pics of Wally's and it looks totally different in structure. He even said that I was lucky because mine looked better.

I re-potted my flowering girls today from 1 gallon to 3 gallon buckets with holes cut in the bottom. I also threw some Hydroton in the bottom for drainage. I just added a few more CFLS. There are now 4 4ft 16 watt tubes and 6 cfls. When figuring out watt per square foot should I add up the actual wattage of the cfls or add up the watts that they are equal to in a regular bulb? I.E. my cfls are 18 watt = 75 watt.

Maybe I am just old, but I am not familiar with the term "bunny muffin". Can someone please fill me in. Is it a reference to soft fluffy female genitalia?

The webbing could be from south of the border pesticides or maybe it is because I used miracle grow to sprout them. It caused complete lock out. I will never use miracle grow again for cannabis and I suggest that no one else does either.

Bubble Grower: Thank you for your help. Also I don't know how the law is in Cali but in Michigan non-patients/patients are safe under Michigan law when they are around legal marijuana or paraphernalia. They can even assist a patient in Medical use. So please feel safe being invited into another patients legal facility. I would still feel weird about being in someone facility. I am the same way as you. No one is getting past my 20 gauge and pitbulls! That was a funny story though for sure.

You say that the rubbing alcohol is bad to make oil. what about Everclear alcohol? Is it safer to use?

I bought the ballast and the light/hood at an auction. I was very careful during transport. I was referring to a grow store because they might be willing to screw my bulb into one of their sockets or plug one of their hoods into my ballast as a test to see which one does not work. I will call and get the skinny. I am not sure about there being a fuse in my ballast. I know barely anything about HID lights/ballasts.

I don't think that my webbed girl is Wally's Duck's Foot. I have been talking to a member here that has pics of Wally's and it looks totally different in structure. He even said that I was lucky because mine looked better.

I re-potted my flowering girls today from 1 gallon to 3 gallon buckets with holes cut in the bottom. I also threw some Hydroton in the bottom for drainage. I just added a few more CFLS. There are now 4 4ft 16 watt tubes and 6 cfls. When figuring out watt per square foot should I add up the actual wattage of the cfls or add up the watts that they are equal to in a regular bulb? I.E. my cfls are 18 watt = 75 watt.

Maybe I am just old, but I am not familiar with the term "bunny muffin". Can someone please fill me in. Is it a reference to soft fluffy female genitalia?

The webbing could be from south of the border pesticides or maybe it is because I used miracle grow to sprout them. It caused complete lock out. I will never use miracle grow again for cannabis and I suggest that no one else does either.

Bubble Grower: Thank you for your help. Also I don't know how the law is in Cali but in Michigan non-patients/patients are safe under Michigan law when they are around legal marijuana or paraphernalia. They can even assist a patient in Medical use. So please feel safe being invited into another patients legal facility. I would still feel weird about being in someone facility. I am the same way as you. No one is getting past my 20 gauge and pitbulls! That was a funny story though for sure.

You say that the rubbing alcohol is bad to make oil. what about Everclear alcohol? Is it safer to use?

haha, there is a built-in censor system in the site. if you type the word sh*t it comes out bunny muffin. kinda fun.

im not sure about the everclear.... i do not believe it will evaporate well enough... but don't quote me on that. i learned the method i know years ago, and have stuck with it ever since. mine has been drying for about 48 hours and should be done tomorrow. when it is i can take the last pics and then i will post a tutorial on it. i made a bigger batch than normal this time and its taking longer to dry.

dont get me wrong, im not saying qwiso is like garbage can meth..... i am just saying that although i am not a scientist, i know that qwiso is more harmful than smoking meds dried off the plant. i just do not want people connecting me, knowing that i will have c.g. papers and start growing again soon, with qwiso on the medical level. if my patients want it, heck yeah they get it..... im not going to tell them "no".....

i'm just filing another disclaimer before people starting coming in and screaming about how "un-natural" it is.

Pic fail, and I have the worst hangover in the world, how would a grower solve this dilemma?

fixed the pic... thanks for the heads up..... bad coincidence huh?? LMAO.

hmm.... i would get my morning list of grow room chores done ASAP and dig out the QWISO. 3 or 4 hits of that, back to bed, and set my alarm for dinnertime ;)

quick thought on QWISO hash.

QWISO = Quick Wash in ISOpropyl alcohol (commonly known as rubbing alcohol)

personally i love the stuff. i am a sativa guy, but when i want to be put in my place, or if i want 8 hours of coma-like sleep, i turn to QWISO.

as a caregiver, it's a big no-no though.

before i post a tutorial on making it, i want everyone to know that i do not pass this off to my patients as "medicinal". no need to get into it, but rubbing alcohol is bad. soaking plant matter in it and then smoking the remains after it evaporates is not healthy. i have never done thorough research on the harmful effects...... no need to. i dont care. i know its not good and i don't need to read about it :D

with that being said, if you have ever tried it, you know what i am talking about. knock you on your butt.

ISO should completely evaporate out of the solution.. Of course, the better the ISO the better the evap.. Most by-product in ISO is water, so it's not a huge concern.. As long as you let your oil breath, it should be just fine..

A lot can be said about ISO's water content.. 70% ISO is 30% water... 99% ISO can be MORE than 1% water... I used to work with UHP (Ultra High Purity) grades (99.999%) and even THEN, we had problems with our chems, water in the ISO... had to be a bad batch... (this was in a professional R&D environment)

Buying high quality chems for this purpose is a good idea..

fixed the pic... thanks for the heads up..... bad coincidence huh?? LMAO.

hmm.... i would get my morning list of grow room chores done ASAP and dig out the QWISO. 3 or 4 hits of that, back to bed, and set my alarm for dinnertime ;)

:lol: darn, I got some M39 killer buds right now, no hash and I'm stuck at work dying haha, god darn you ho down!! Keeping me out all night and what not.

So I have an issue i'd like to be looked at..

I want to say it's a P deficiency, but it's hard to pin down... Leaves curling under, necrotic spots often starting in the center of the leaves and working out.. usually starts at about 1/4 of the way from the leaf tip and progresses..

It's Greenhouse Hawaiian Snow

post-11199-12741024242913_thumb.jpg

i have a ? regarding venting my room is 8ft wide by 6ft long i have a window in there also have a way to vent under the house also in the room my question is it gets hot in the room with just 1 1000 watt light do i run the venting for the air coming in from the window or the floor and the same with the the air going out in that size room im thinking i should be able to run at least 1 1000 and 2 400 watt lights if i have the right venting any help would be great thanx

i have a ? regarding venting my room is 8ft wide by 6ft long i have a window in there also have a way to vent under the house also in the room my question is it gets hot in the room with just 1 1000 watt light do i run the venting for the air coming in from the window or the floor and the same with the the air going out in that size room im thinking i should be able to run at least 1 1000 and 2 400 watt lights if i have the right venting any help would be great thanx

If you can pull cool air from under the house and vent out the window it's a start..

Are you planning on using a air cooled hood at all?

If not, you might be better off with a window A/C unit (if you aren't that concerned about smell escaping, depends on your living situation)

If you are concerned about smell, the portable A/C units that use 2 hoses to pull air for the coils and to expel the heat works wonders and doesn't put the room under any negative/positive pressure on the room..

1000w = ~3300 BTU, so you can use that to cool accordingly..

ISO should completely evaporate out of the solution.. Of course, the better the ISO the better the evap.. Most by-product in ISO is water, so it's not a huge concern.. As long as you let your oil breath, it should be just fine..

A lot can be said about ISO's water content.. 70% ISO is 30% water... 99% ISO can be MORE than 1% water... I used to work with UHP (Ultra High Purity) grades (99.999%) and even THEN, we had problems with our chems, water in the ISO... had to be a bad batch... (this was in a professional R&D environment)

I have UHP Grade for my shop :lol: I'll be using that :D

i have central air in the room so can i just run venting from the duct to the room or would i need to get the portable ac unit

Biggest problem with central air, is it's a system, you can't divorce part of it from the system, so it's a great way for odors to infiltrate other parts of the house..

Now, if you had a vent fan, in the room, constantly PULLING on the room, smells have a hard time making it out..

then you have to think about zoning.. the house will be set at one temp.. The room, is going to be FAR warmer, so the A/C cooling the house, may not be enough for the room..

Just thoughts for you to think about..

WOW, the room is buzzing this morning.... where the hell have i been??

exactly. i'm not up on brand name iso, but i tried the wal-mart brand one time and thats all it took.

I want to say it's a P deficiency, but it's hard to pin down... Leaves curling under, necrotic spots often starting in the center of the leaves and working out.. usually starts at about 1/4 of the way from the leaf tip and progresses..

going to look at some strain specific notes.... will have an answer here in a lil' bit. i believe you are on the right track . nice looking plant though all in all. great density.

sublime has it right. pull from under the house and push out the window.

If you can pull cool air from under the house and vent out the window it's a start..

Biggest problem with central air, is it's a system, you can't divorce part of it from the system, so it's a great way for odors to infiltrate other parts of the house..

again.... perfect. central air will have your grow room air seeping all though the house. it will work if you can get it dialed in, but normally its not very efficient. if you can vent freely through the window you are gold.

i have a feeling your deficiency is maybe calcium or magnesium??

the doctor recommends a 48 hour flush in clean ph'd water and fresh nutes afterwards. :D

thats the beauty of the bubblebucket...... the pure flush

i flush if one of them sneezes twice in the same day :D get those salt deposits cleared away, and unlock any nute lock.

I talked to a hydroponics grower who's a cg, I asked about the chemicals he used, concerned that they'd get into the meds, he said they're natural nutrients, showed me a bottle of one of them and even let me smell it. He also said no one has ever gotten sick from his meds. He's the only cg I know. I trust him, and I don't trust easily.

Sb