Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

I talked to a hydroponics grower who's a cg, I asked about the chemicals he used, concerned that they'd get into the meds, he said they're natural nutrients, showed me a bottle of one of them and even let me smell it. He also said no one has ever gotten sick from his meds. He's the only cg I know. I trust him, and I don't trust easily.

Sb

great to hear!!

yup, just because it's hydro doesnt mean its not organic :)

holy smokes man.

ok.

i did the numbers real quick. :D i think we are gonna need 47,000 watts and a rez about the size of lake erie.

wow man... some friendly names in there :)

:lol: Yah I figured if I'm gonna try greenhouse seed co, I might as well try as many as I can. The N.Lights, Jock Horrer and Bubbalicious are the nirvana autoflowers from attitude. Kind of intrigued to try em as I've never messed with autos, I'm gonna power feed them in bubble buckets and see how much I can yield from 1 :lol:

CLONING FOR THE BUBBLEBUCKET

i have had a couple questions about cloning and the bubblebucket, so i am gonna try to answer them here.

a bubblebucket is a cloner as well. it's that simple. it is an all-in-one machine ;)

here is a very crude and undesirable sketch of our bubblebucket. we see the plant, rooted in a yellow rockwool cube, surrounded by hydroton clay pebbles. the cube and hydroton are sitting in the net pot, and you can see the air stone/bubbles (in red) and the proper level at which to keep your nutrient/water solution.

med_gallery_13801_60_19441.jpg

ok, stop laughing. :D

so, we are ready to take a new clone. i try to take clones from the bottom of the plant. the hormones are more proper in this area. use a very sharp and clean razor and cut at a 45 degree angle. here is a good spot to take your cutting.

WinterGarden_CutClone.jpg

once cut, dip directly in water, and then into cloning gel/solution/powder, and then into the rockwool cube. i don't use a cloning agent. plain water works just fine for me. it may take an extra day or 2 for the clones to take root, but it's one less chemical that i have to buy and have laying around.

so we have our cutting planted in the rockwool cube. drop it in the netpot and cover with clay pebbles and get the whole setup into your bubblebucket. at this point the bucket should have clean ph'd water in it.

if you keep the water level about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch below the bottom of the net pot, you have reached the sweet spot. the air stone in the bottom of the bubblebucket will shoot air bubbles upwards through the water. when these bubbles reach the surface they pop. the goal is to find the perfect level to where the net pot is not sitting in the water, but actually the bubbles are popping on the surface and just getting the bottom of the net pot wet. once the bottom of the net pot gets wet, it will transfer that moisture to the bottom layer of hydroton pebbles. the pebbles then transfer the perfect amount of water/air between themselves and eventually to the rockwool cube. the cube will stay damp, but not "soaked". depending on strain, humidity, and temp, the roots will begin to form in 4 days to 2 weeks.

once the roots form and grow through the rockwool cube, they will continue growing through the clay pebbles, and then through the sides of the net pot, and ultimately down to thrive in the nute/air filled goodness of the solution. once they get through the sides of the net pot and become visible for the first time, i change from clean water to veg nutes at 1/2 strength for a couple days, and then bump to regular strength.

med_gallery_13801_60_1918846.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_2118125.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_33605.jpg

hope this helps a little. not really trying to do a DIY on cloning, just trying to show that there is no need for a cloning machine or anything else to take up space or money. if you use the bubblebucket, it is the only thing you need from the day you cut the clone to the day you cut the whole thing down.

Really its showing up on mine... :lol:

yeah my pic fail that you pointed out yesterday was doing the same thing. visible to me, but not you.

if you just find a pic on the web and copy/paste the address, sometimes the link is only valid for a few mins before it gets blasted. i had to save the pic to my pc and then load it through the MMMA gallery to make it stay in the post for more than a min.

edit:

LMAO... there it is. yeah, you got it right. plenty of room in the rez for root growth too :D

i have a feeling your deficiency is maybe calcium or magnesium??

the doctor recommends a 48 hour flush in clean ph'd water and fresh nutes afterwards. :D

thats the beauty of the bubblebucket...... the pure flush

i flush if one of them sneezes twice in the same day :D get those salt deposits cleared away, and unlock any nute lock.

I'm starting to think that as well, I've flushed a few times now.. with good results.. It's just when I DO put her back in nutes, she burns.. and i'm running EC at 0.6-0.8...

the Lemon Skunk sitting next to her, is kicking serious BUTT.. I like the idea of growing out a CC winner (2003) but she's temperamental..

Another note, I started with Ionic, and had issues, switched to Fox Farm Grow Big and a lot cleared up..

I'm starting to think that as well, I've flushed a few times now.. with good results.. It's just when I DO put her back in nutes, she burns.. and i'm running EC at 0.6-0.8...

the Lemon Skunk sitting next to her, is kicking serious BUTT.. I like the idea of growing out a CC winner (2003) but she's temperamental..

Another note, I started with Ionic, and had issues, switched to Fox Farm Grow Big and a lot cleared up..

glad to hear things are looking up and they are smiling again :D

that nute switch may be playing havoc with the one as well. never a good idea to switch in the middle, but when you have to, you have to. B)

random thought:

waist high and you won't die.

for those growing hydro, especially those with a few bubblebuckets, you know how crazy it can get with the power cords/extension cords. don't be cheap or lazy. do whatever it takes to make sure all your cords are waist high or above. sometimes we forget how much water we really have so close to those pumps/timers/wires/cords/fans.

:lol: Great thinking!! Just need a good mylar shower curtain!! Haha.

Also so I've decided I'm going for monsters, I purchased 9 10gal Sterilite containers last night, 3 5 gallon buckets, 12 6" net pots, 10L hydroton, 2 100 gallon 2 outlet air pumps, (4) 1 to 3 outlet gang valves and 12 6" round air stones. :D Going to see how this all unfolds :lol:

YES!! :D

I'm hoping some of these sativas really take off in 10gals, I figure I'm going to start 6 in DWC and let them veg for the 8-9 weeks its gonna take the 3 autoflowers to fully cycle, that should lead to some monsters. Clone each of the 6 and run them through flower and let the potential mothers veg that whole 8-12 week span :lol: That should lead to even more monsters. Then the 2 maybe 3 best of the 6 are going to stay mothers while the 3-4 that didn't make it go into flower, at that point I should be set for a nice mother/clone relationship and the first few yields should be monstrous enough to keep my tided over for the long selection process. I think I'm going to try and get a friend to make me his caregiver so I have 1 patient I can take care of and have a little more leeway on the plant count.

Strains I'm growing first are going to be

Nirvana Autoflowers-

Jock Horror, Northern Lights, and Bubbalicious

Potential mothers

GHS- The Church(x2), Hawaiian snow(x2), Bubba Kush(x1), Lemon Skunk(x1)

I don't know which one or two I want to keep though :lol: At the same time to I've got White Rhino, Widow, Arjans Haze 1 & 3, Arjans strawberry haze, big bang, ams, and DNA Sweet cream, which is just to much to decide hahah!

speaking of monsters, i encountered some moby dick at 4 feet tall and still in veg this morning. :blink:

:lol: Yeah I'm hoping that hawaiian takes off to about 6-7' at harvest, its the only tall sativa I'm excited to grow haha. Going to be a great LST plant if I get the lanky pheno!

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for some advice. My veg room humidity is at 45% and temp is 78. Is this humidity too low? Some of my girls are growing slow and I've had to remove some leaves due to browning and drying up. I'm in DWC and using 5ml micro 10ml bloom, General Hydro, in D.I. water. Grow medium is hydroton and strain is White Russian. Many thank yous for any words of wisdom. B)

Good morning everyone, I'm looking for some advice. My veg room humidity is at 45% and temp is 78. Is this humidity too low? Some of my girls are growing slow and I've had to remove some leaves due to browning and drying up. I'm in DWC and using 5ml micro 10ml bloom, General Hydro, in D.I. water. Grow medium is hydroton and strain is White Russian. Many thank yous for any words of wisdom. B)

got pics?? those extra couple mils of bloom shouldnt be a HUGE issue, but the russian is pretty picky IME.... if you could get me a pic i could let you know FOR SURE as im real familiar.

yes, if it were my veg room, the humidity would be at least 60% to 80%....

closer to 80 = better

got pics?? those extra couple mils of bloom shouldnt be a HUGE issue, but the rhino is pretty picky IME.... if you could get me a pic i could let you know FOR SURE as im real familiar.

yes, if it were my veg room, the humidity would be at least 60% to 80%....

closer to 80 = better

I've got to run to a friends house, he has my camera. I can post some pics in about 2 hrs. ph is at 5.7, that should be ok?

your ph is perfect. you sure they getting plenty of bubbles too?

i like them bubbles :P

how long since your last flush?

I flush every Monday. Also put new airstones in yesterday, I put new ones in every other week and wipe them off on weeks they are not changed.

Here are my pics. Help, it's driving me crazy! :(

i would do a 48 hour flush in 5.5 clean water, and then back off to 5-8 on the nutes the rest of the way through veg. i would also get the humidity up.

that's what i would try.

she doesn't look bad.... she just isn't laughing right now.

i would do a 48 hour flush in 5.5 clean water, and then back off to 5-8 on the nutes the rest of the way through veg. i would also get the humidity up.

that's what i would try.

she doesn't look bad.... she just isn't laughing right now.

Thanx bubblegrower, I'll take your advice. Would it be beneficial to mist foilage w/ DI water?

Thanx bubblegrower, I'll take your advice. Would it be beneficial to mist foilage w/ DI water?

ugh... touchy right now. with the lights on anyways. if you give them a break everyday, you can mist them during the dark to help raise humidity, but stray from doing it with the lights on for right now.

Do you get more yellowing on plants that are directly beneath the light, BG? This is the case in my current garden. The fan leaves of the plants nearer to the light are still perfectly healthy looking in form, but they are a beautiful shade of bright yellow instead of green like the ones around the edge. I don't really mind because these plants are well into flowering. I wonder if more light means more nitrogen is required. I guess so if they are growing faster due to more light.