Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

i would flush 3 times. and honeslty, you could probably do it in two. the only thing is...... after you add nutes to your water, how much ph down do you have to add to hit your number?

2 things......... first....... i envy you. and i am not joking. i was crunching plant/gallon numbers last night, and i feel pretty confident that wherever you are, it is called heaven. :rolleyes:

2nd, ph down causes major problems over time. i am fairly familiar with all your nutes, and i am pretty sure than you probably arent using much more than a couple drops/gallon in the end to hit your number for ph.

i would flush at the flip to 12/12 and then 3-4 weeks into flower, and then of course your final flush.

of course only the plants will know, but i think a 3 flush (2 plus final) is being more than careful enough.

also, when i flush, i would just use ph 5.7 or whatever water and flush for 24 hours. no extra "cleaners". 24 hours should be long enough to disrupt any deposits, but not so long that it completely breaks down your bio-environment.

wow......... your numbers are impressive. can't stop thinking about it :)

also, when i flush, i would just use ph 5.7 or whatever water and flush for 24 hours. no extra "cleaners". 24 hours should be long enough to disrupt any deposits, but not so long that it completely breaks down your bio-environment.

wow......... your numbers are impressive. can't stop thinking about it :)

Thank you very much. John

Thank you very much. John

please, please, PLEASE keep me updated. even if through a p.m. if you don't feel comfortable putting ALL your business out there. i really am interested. i know there are some negatives to your set-up, but i have a feeling that they will be SEVERELY outweighed by what comes off those branches. :)

AHHHHHH Having issues..

Hi all,

I'm having some serious issues..

Running Aero/NFT, 1000w HPS, CO2, environmental controller...ect..

Been using FoxFarm nutes, until recently I switched back to Ionic..

PH is always between 5.5 and 6.2

The highest PPM they have ever seen in a mix has been 1100ppm ..

I'm concerned my PH meter is off.. going to test that against another today..

Here's what I've got.. it's bad, shield your eyes..

Def looks like deficiency!! Almost like a phosphorus, its not starting at the outer edges. Are you giving them Micro nutrients, Might be a mixture of Boron/Calcium/Phosphorus. I highly doubt thats burn, but it is a very odd and developed deficiency...

(Bubblegrower says)..."what fox farms nutes? which ones? how much? when? how old are they now. whats the humidity?

how much ph down are you needing???"

..."when did you last flush?"....

...these are all good plant troubleshooting questions!...only problem I see is, are we possibly missing the same thing everyone was missing last week with another guy who was having similar (not exactly the same) problems...I never saw him post again, to know if he solved his problem or not...I might of just missed the post! Last I knew he was gonna go out and get a 30X magnifier, but as I recall he might have been a bit short on cash at the time, not sure...

O.K.! ...now, just picture me whistling, with my hands in my pockets, and just kicking an old tin can (aimlessly) down the road...minding my own business!

Not exactly sure how to approach this topic AGAIN!...but, I'll try to be a good boy!

Alright, here goes...

Can anyone spell S P I D E R M I T E S !!!

Ooops, sorry!

That's it!...I'm done! ...except for...Has anyone thought to ask this poor guy if he owns a magnifier (preferrably a decent 30X jewelers loop)so he can check for spidermites??? Why does NO ONE think of spidermites, recently?...it must be me...I must be the one who's missing something here...can someone please enlighten me! Thanks for putting up with my (had a miserable day) mood...much appreciated!...(smiling)...C2

post-1739-050459200 1277420761_thumb.jpg

To SublimeWind...nice username, my friend....sorry for not using your name in my last post...brain farts, foggy mental processees, and smokin' since I was a mere boy! Those are just the reasons!...never said they were GOOD excuses! Didn't mean to sound like a know-it-all, but those kinda mental images (as in your photo's) stay with you, long after those same problems are gone! Like I said...I hope I'm wrong, but those few purple turning leaves (meaning they are almost toast), can mimick a moledendrum (or howevwer you spell it!) defeciency...in my case it was not a deficiency of any kind...the only thing deficient on my end was that I didn't have a BIG HAMMER to crush the tiny heads (and eggs) of those cute little spidermites...I hope that's not your problem...best of luck!

post-1739-079942500 1277422515_thumb.jpg

Def looks like deficiency!! Almost like a phosphorus, its not starting at the outer edges. Are you giving them Micro nutrients, Might be a mixture of Boron/Calcium/Phosphorus. I highly doubt thats burn, but it is a very odd and developed deficiency...

That's what i'm thinking too... I've been WAY on the low end of the EC scale the whole time.. Maybe i'm over compensating (being that burning is one of the biggest noob mistake) and starving them..

what fox farms nutes? which ones? how much? when? how old are they now. whats the humidity?

how much ph down are you needing???

Grow Big liquid (and switched to the hydro version after a week)

Big bloom

Tiger bloom

I've used 5ml/gal to get about 500ppm in RO of grow.. as I went higher, it seemed like I was getting burn..

I've only used bloom once, and the big bloom plugged my system up a bit..

They are about 1 moth old from clone now, they went longer than I would have liked, because I was still working on the flower room.. They've been in bloom about a week, week and 1/2 now..

Humidity during the day time is usually 45%'ish.. at night I've been having a difficult time with it and i've seen as high as 80%.. I'm running A/C for temp and humidity control.. at night it drives the temp down trying to get the humidity, until it can't pull anymore..

PH down.. Hell, with the FF nutes, I use more UP than down.. Which i'm sure is part of the issue.. In the deffiency guide I have, is says NA will lock out P/K/Mg (up being sodium bicarb)

I recently learned some PHing techniques that I think are helping.. (pre-PHing, prior to the nute load, so the nute load balances the PH, using less up/down) but it's hard to tell..

when did you last flush?

I flushed 2-3 days ago now.. I used a small amount of Clearex for ~1hr, drained, filled 1/3 of the way with plain PHed water and ran over night.. The next night I added Ionic Grow to 400ppm..

Nute lock out, check PH

Where would you suggest I set PH? I typically shoot for 5.8.. I'm running Greenhouse genetics and all the vids state 5.5, but it seemed like I was having issues at 5.5..???

(Bubblegrower says)..."what fox farms nutes? which ones? how much? when? how old are they now. whats the humidity?

how much ph down are you needing???"

..."when did you last flush?"....

...these are all good plant troubleshooting questions!...only problem I see is, are we possibly missing the same thing everyone was missing last week with another guy who was having similar (not exactly the same) problems...I never saw him post again, to know if he solved his problem or not...I might of just missed the post! Last I knew he was gonna go out and get a 30X magnifier, but as I recall he might have been a bit short on cash at the time, not sure...

O.K.! ...now, just picture me whistling, with my hands in my pockets, and just kicking an old tin can (aimlessly) down the road...minding my own business!

Not exactly sure how to approach this topic AGAIN!...but, I'll try to be a good boy!

Alright, here goes...

Can anyone spell S P I D E R M I T E S !!!

Ooops, sorry!

That's it!...I'm done! ...except for...Has anyone thought to ask this poor guy if he owns a magnifier (preferrably a decent 30X jewelers loop)so he can check for spidermites??? Why does NO ONE think of spidermites, recently?...it must be me...I must be the one who's missing something here...can someone please enlighten me! Thanks for putting up with my (had a miserable day) mood...much appreciated!...(smiling)...C2

I've treat for mites semi-regularly.. I'm running a mix of Organocid and AzaMax.. I'm getting very little typical mite damage (the tiny white spots they leave) no webs.. I'm sorry, I'll be happy to look closer, buy I'm not seeing it..

I can usually pick them out pretty good by eye too..

AFA as putting up with you.. bah, no biggee homie.. If I can't figure it out Everyone's opinion counts, regardless of how they put it on the page.. AS LONG AS IT'S ON THE PAGE.. :thumbsu:

So thanks, I'll look closer, i'm just thinking more deficiency than bugs.. If I'm wrong, i'll be the first to admit it though.. :D

Thanks for lookin everyone.. And for the help..

ok, i see a lot of red flag/gray areas/need more info type stuff :)

first, it sounds like you are definitely learning as you grow, and thats a good thing. i caught this:

Been using FoxFarm nutes, until recently I switched back to Ionic.

you switched in the middle of a cycle??

and then this is kind of confusing as well :)

Grow Big liquid (and switched to the hydro version after a week)

Big bloom

Tiger bloom

I've only used bloom once, and the big bloom plugged my system up a bit..

only used bloom once? haha.... all you have are bloom nutes dude :rolleyes:

and yeah, it sounds like you caught on to something with the phUP as well. :thumbsu:

Yeah, i'm learning, always learning... R&D scientist by trade (though admittedly not the best...lol)

Yes, switched in the middle of the cycle.. I know, not a great idea.. Somethings gotta give and the FF stuff is SOOOOOOO acidic.. so I was using a HUGE amount of PH up.. bad mojo..

only used bloom once? haha.... all you have are bloom nutes dude :rolleyes:

Funny, I didn't know Grow Big was a bloom fert??

I've only used the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom once..

To SublimeWind...nice username, my friend....sorry for not using your name in my last post...brain farts, foggy mental processees, and smokin' since I was a mere boy! Those are just the reasons!...never said they were GOOD excuses! Didn't mean to sound like a know-it-all, but those kinda mental images (as in your photo's) stay with you, long after those same problems are gone! Like I said...I hope I'm wrong, but those few purple turning leaves (meaning they are almost toast), can mimick a moledendrum (or howevwer you spell it!) defeciency...in my case it was not a deficiency of any kind...the only thing deficient on my end was that I didn't have a BIG HAMMER to crush the tiny heads (and eggs) of those cute little spidermites...I hope that's not your problem...best of luck!

Again, no worries brotha..

Funny, I didn't know Grow Big was a bloom fert??

I've only used the Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom once..

oops :) confused myself. i saw triple instead of the normal double?? as if thats real hard :)

yeah, it sounds like you know what your problems are. its the nutes. and once you have a problem, it's gonna show on your leaves and of course it's going to stay there until the leaves fall off or the plant dies........ even after you have corrected the problem, the damage will still show.

just a few no-no's and that switching thing, which i understand that you had to, and am glad you understand it wasnt ideal too :)

in order to find out EXACTLY which of the many possibilities, we probably would have to see it right away, before it has completely destroyed leaves. there's just too many possibilities with your particular situation :)

you flushed, and are using your new nutes now, and it "sounds" like things are ok............ but only you will know. so let US know in a couple days :)

keep plugging away!! :goodjob:

...you're very bad boy, bubblegrower...just trying to share what I've already exerienced, hoping to save someone that same miserable headache...still would't rule out mites yet...

Before I could see the adults or the eggs, I started having very similar looking leaves falling off all over the plant, after starting at the bottom...I also noted that the little white spots on the leaves (indicating infestation was beginning) were in most instances brown little spots, rather than white...nothing would make me happier than to be wrong, but when mine started there were no webs between leaves, and when the (adults first start laying eggs, it is very possible to have no webs, no white spots on leaves (only brown), and unless you checked MOST of your leaves, you might be missing the beginning of the adult infestation, not reaching all your leaves yet,...I've found that only checking several leaves could lead to thinking you don't have them...just my two cents worth for future reference! I do have to admit that the condition of your leaves are fairly bad for it only to be the beginning of them...I guess they would be all over your girls at that point, showing webs and more adults and eggs that you could probably find! I'm glad we took the time to figure all that out...I'm gonna just mosey over into the corner there and sit for awhile...should I put on my dunce hat, bubblegrower? Just when ya think you've got something figured out, something else always comes along to knock ya oughtta your seat! No, not this seat! :jipo:

I have a question.. I am doing deep water culture (bubble buckets) and I have a pH meter... I been trying to keep it in the mid 5 lvl

is there other things I Need too be checking? I am useing foxfarm nuts and the chrts in the back of catalages are alittle confusing....

I see sections of weeks and nutrients for use for flower and bud etc but i see numbers for PPM and EC also?

Do I need to check them.. I am very poor atm so not sure I can afford anything else...

What do they do and how would I adjust them if I needed?

...you're very bad boy, bubblegrower...just trying to share what I've already exerienced, hoping to save someone that same miserable headache...still would't rule out mites yet...

Before I could see the adults or the eggs, I started having very similar looking leaves falling off all over the plant, after starting at the bottom...I also noted that the little white spots on the leaves (indicating infestation was beginning) were in most instances brown little spots, rather than white...nothing would make me happier than to be wrong, but when mine started there were no webs between leaves, and when the (adults first start laying eggs, it is very possible to have no webs, no white spots on leaves (only brown), and unless you checked MOST of your leaves, you might be missing the beginning of the adult infestation, not reaching all your leaves yet,...I've found that only checking several leaves could lead to thinking you don't have them...just my two cents worth for future reference! I do have to admit that the condition of your leaves are fairly bad for it only to be the beginning of them...I guess they would be all over your girls at that point, showing webs and more adults and eggs that you could probably find! I'm glad we took the time to figure all that out...I'm gonna just mosey over into the corner there and sit for awhile...should I put on my dunce hat, bubblegrower? Just when ya think you've got something figured out, something else always comes along to knock ya oughtta your seat! No, not this seat! :jipo:

haha... no reason to sit in the corner bro. i was just playing with ya :) you welcome to sit right up front any time you wish :)

i'm going to come off as an azzhole here, and i'm sorry. truly, i am. but here, read this:

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/20188-leaves-have-spots-just-on-blueberry-day-18/

my first inclination was mites. my first suggestion was mites. and i was right.

in the last 2 cases in here, my first inclination was NOT mites, but something else. in BOTH cases i was right.

there is no need to run down every single one of the possible problems when indica jones, jipo, thcfarmer, and all the rest of the "regulars" around here have been doing this for quite some time and are right 99.9% of the time the first time.

as i proved in the link above, if i think its mites, i say it is. and as proven here, if i dont think it is, i dont.

PLEASE do not feel like i just "came down" on you. honestly, i'm not. you are MORE THAN WELCOME to suggest spider mites on every single post if you wish. i will not stop you. as a matter of fact, i encourage you to keep it up. spider mites are a REAL problem, and we need more people like you to give first hand experience of it.... so for that.... i say kudos to you.

now get out of the corner you.............. come here and give me a hug :)

Where would you suggest I set PH? I typically shoot for 5.8.. I'm running Greenhouse genetics and all the vids state 5.5, but it seemed like I was having issues at 5.5..???

When was the last time you calibrated your ph? Also what is your res temp?

I bring it down to 5.2 and let it go up to 5.8, till I add more PH down.I do hydro...........look at what is available at 5.2(on right graph)

index.jpg

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: thanks bro

I have a question.. I am doing deep water culture (bubble buckets) and I have a pH meter... I been trying to keep it in the mid 5 lvl

is there other things I Need too be checking? I am useing foxfarm nuts and the chrts in the back of catalages are alittle confusing....

I see sections of weeks and nutrients for use for flower and bud etc but i see numbers for PPM and EC also?

Do I need to check them.. I am very poor atm so not sure I can afford anything else...

What do they do and how would I adjust them if I needed?

we've all been there. nothing to frown over. yes, an expensive set of meters is good to have. and until you can get one, i would be flushing on a pretty regular basis. no less than once every 14 days. without a meter, the only time you know FOR CERTAIN where you stand, is when you fill up a fresh bucket of water/nutes.

if you are using a chart, i would be more than happy to help you read it if you need. which one is it??

this one?

med_gallery_13801_60_14860.jpg

we've all been there. nothing to frown over. yes, an expensive set of meters is good to have. and until you can get one, i would be flushing on a pretty regular basis. no less than once every 14 days. without a meter, the only time you know FOR CERTAIN where you stand, is when you fill up a fresh bucket of water/nutes.

if you are using a chart, i would be more than happy to help you read it if you need. which one is it??

this one?

med_gallery_13801_60_14860.jpg

yes this is the chart... i have 2 plants i just switched to 12 hr so i have them on week 5 and 3 more i have in veg on week 3 even tho they all were cuttings at the same time it seemed that the 3 in veg haddnt dropped roots or gotten bigger yet

so far i have just changed out all the water when it sez resivoir change so will that keep me safe?