Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

If it would be any help, I have some 10 foot wide rubber roofing membrane for this purpose. I built a room for a clinet upstairs and was worried about a leak. So what I did was run 1 solid peice of rubber wall to wall and up each wall by 4 inches. This catches any of hers spills (we all have them, mine was years ago and I checked the grow every few days, well when I found them needless to say they were dry enough to smoke, but not good enough). The only problem it caused was it covered the heat duct, caused a trip hazzard in the door way, and we cant open the closet door. But this is an upstair room. Better save than sorry. Unless you want me to bid on a drywall repair job.

thank you so, so, so, SO SO SO SO SO MUCH BROTHER.

i have it covered. its a mobile home that has been used entirely for growing for about 6 years so its no big deal. although the flooring is getting a little rough :)

and when i have plants fall through the floor i will pick them back up, dust them off, and invest in a new floor :)

back by popular demand :) rumpleforeskin's bubblebucket:

THE BUBBLE BUCKET BUILD

I have had a few requests for the plans to my home made bubble-bucket.

So lets do the shopping first:

Shopping list for local hardware store (Homedepot/Lowes)

One five gallon bucket with lid.

One roll aluminum tape (not duct tape).

One 1/2" PVC Ball Valve (inside threaded on both ends).

Two 1/2" PVC Male Adaptor **Thread x Socket**

Two 1/2" PVC Elbow for Flexible Pipe.

One 1/2" Threaded PVC Plug.

One 1/2" Threaded Coupling.

Two 1/2" Threaded PVC Adapter to Flexible Pipe (some times called funny fittings).

Two 1/2" Grommets.

Four "O" Rings that fit the threads of the Male Adaptor.

One piece of 1/2" PVC Pipe (you need less then a foot per bucket).

Two 1/2" PVC Tees

2' Clear Flexible Tubing with 1/2" inside diameter

Shopping list for the local pet store:

8' of Silicone Airline Tubing

2 Airstones

2 Plastic check valves

1 Air Pump

Shopping list for a hydro store:

1 6" Net Pot

1 Bag of Hydroton Pebbles

Lets Start Building

We don't want light to pass through the bucket, so I use aluminum tape. Duct tape won't work. Light will pass through duct tape. Also its better to tape before drilling holes.

Start by taping outside of lid.

gallery_13801_182_4165.jpg

gallery_13801_182_21724.jpg

Completely tape the outside of the bucket. Do the outside bottom as well.

gallery_13801_182_13309.jpg

We now need to cut a hole in the lid to fit your mesh basket. The hole has to be about 1/4" smaller then the top outside diameter of your basket. If you dont have any good hole cutting tools, you can use a razor (don't cut your fingers off). Drill/Cut your hole in the center of the lid.

gallery_13801_182_16138.jpggallery_13801_182_17165.jpg

gallery_13801_182_4814.jpggallery_13801_182_7227.jpg

Its important to know the height of your mesh basket so you can position the fill hole below the bottom of your basket. After measuring your basket height, place your lid on your bucket. Mark your fill hole location about an inch more then your basket height from the hole in your lid.

gallery_13801_182_15249.jpggallery_13801_182_6857.jpg

The 1/2" PVC Male Adaptor has an outside diameter of about an inch. This will be your drain, so it needs to be as close to the bottom of the bucket as possible. I measure up and mark it about 3/4" from the bottom of the bucket. If you drill to close to the bottom it will not install correct.

gallery_13801_182_11403.jpggallery_13801_182_8195.jpg

I like to have my drain and fill, inline with each other. You can put them anyplace that works with your grow. Use a small drill to make pilot holes through your bucket.

gallery_13801_182_8755.jpg

Now flip your bucket over. You should be able to see the locations of your pilot holes. Switch to a 3/4" drill bit. Anything that will make a 3/4" hole will work.

gallery_13801_182_14340.jpg

Drill out your drain and fill holes.

gallery_13801_182_1125.jpggallery_13801_182_22332.jpg

To make your fluid level Indicator. We have to drill two more 3/4" holes. Place the bottom hole at the same level as the drain. Drill the top hole 1.5" from the top. You can make the top hole higher if you want.

gallery_13801_182_13341.jpg

Lets drill two holes (#7 drill bit or one slightly smaller then your air line) below the top lip on opposite sides of the bucket for the air lines.

gallery_13801_182_24630.jpg

Now the fun part. Time to install all our fittings.

gallery_13801_182_14086.jpg

Place O-rings on all both 1/2" PVC Male Adaptors

gallery_13801_182_15433.jpg

Insert the male adaptors through the drain and fill holes from the inside of the bucket. It will be a tight fit.

gallery_13801_182_1901.jpg

Add O-rings to the threads that stick out of the bucket. Then screw on your vlave to the drain and 1/2" threaded coupling + plug to your fill.

gallery_13801_182_3503.jpg

Install your rubber gromits to the 3/4" holes you made for your level indicator.

gallery_13801_182_18295.jpg

I like to cut half the barbs off one side of my tubing elbows. The cut side will go into the clear tubing. This gives me another inch or so of indicator.

gallery_13801_182_18375.jpg

Install your two tubing elbows into your gromits. Careful not to push your gromits out of the holes you drilled. I spit on the barbs before installing them. Measure the distance between the two elbows.

gallery_13801_182_15834.jpg

Cut your clear tubing to the same distance between the two elbows.

gallery_13801_182_18880.jpg

Now install the tube to your elbows.

gallery_13801_182_10213.jpg

Cut a 7.5" piece of 1/2" PVC pipe

gallery_13801_182_14545.jpg

Attach the a PVC Tee to each end (no glue). Using a number 7 drill bit or a bit that is just slightly smaller then your silicone airline tubing, drill two holes in your pipe. Drill close to the base of the Tee.

gallery_13801_182_3981.jpg

Cut about 4' of silicone airline tubing. Run your silicone airline tubing through your Tee and into your pipe then out the hole you drilled. It helps to cut a point into the end of your silicone airline to thread through the small holes.

gallery_13801_182_11277.jpggallery_13801_182_14000.jpg

Attach your air stone and do the same thing to the other side.

gallery_13801_182_14324.jpggallery_13801_182_24485.jpg

This will hold your air stones in place without adding any metal parts.

gallery_13801_182_1800.jpggallery_13801_182_7226.jpg

Feed the airline through the bucket.

gallery_13801_182_16345.jpg

If you want your air line to be neet, your can drill small holes in the top rings of your bucket and attach zip-ties.

gallery_13801_182_17910.jpggallery_13801_182_19073.jpg

If you plan to have an air pump below your nutrient level, then you need to have check valves. You don't want to ruin your new pump by having water back-up into it.

gallery_13801_182_12801.jpggallery_13801_182_19776.jpg

Now test out our new Bubble-Bucket. Look for leaks. Don't over tighten against your O-rings. If your rings smash, back up a turn or two.

gallery_13801_182_36719.jpg

A few folks said they fear the sight indicators (light causing algae). I have used them the last four cycles, without any scum growth. They work so good, I don't know how I ever lived without them.

gallery_13801_182_16829.jpg

Only clean roots and water here. Not even a hint of pond scum.

gallery_13801_182_19372.jpg

They seem to help get the best end result.

gallery_13801_182_1002.jpg

Well thats it. Go grow some pakalolo

Aye! US plastic! pretty sure they are the ones have been trying to find again, Thank you thank you!!

There was somewhere that had plastic buckets just like the water farm.

ps...yea, read this before...one some late night escapade, musta read too much :D

got pics? how big are the roots?

i have set big cubes, already rooted, down in a 6" net pot before. not much room for hydroton on top, but cover it as well as possible.

i just curled the roots up in the bottom of the net pot. they were probably 8" or so long. it will take a couple days for them to take, and grow through the net pot, but once they do, its game on :)

And thats now on week 9 in flower

copied this :

2nd price "High Times Cup" 2000

1st price "Highlife Cup" 2002

Developed by our breeders in 1996. A very fine Skunk selection, very commercial, very heavy bloom, bumper harvest, the famous Skunk high, taste is not so sweet as our other Skunk selections. One of our favorites, also for greenhouse.

THC = 18%, CBD < 0.1%

i have had an emergency in the family.

im going to be out for a few days. no worries, nobody is dead, but i have a bad problem on my hands that needs my full attention.

please continue to post your questions. there are plenty of helpful members who will help.

be back when i can :(

private message only for a few days.

I remember reading somewhere before about "flushing" the plants 2 weeks before harvest, but I guess it must not have stuck in my brain when I read it since I was nowhere near harvest. (first grow cycle in new setup)Can some one please define "flushing" for me because someone outside this forum confused the bunny muffin out of me by saying that flushing was only a figure of speech, and it just means watering only with straight water , rather than physically pouring enough water through the soil(foxfarms ocean forrest) so as to "wash away" the nutrients in the soil in order to achieve a smoother smoke?. I am at almost 7 weeks flower on my plants and am curious how and when others do this. Thanks for a great site! KGB

in soil, you should use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of clean water you would normally use to water them for the last 10 days to 2 weeks.. yes, the goal here is to have everything flushed out the bottom. you need to be seeing water run out the bottom every time you water during the "final flush".......... and lots of it :)