Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

Guest drcanna-pest

can I reroot a stem that broke off my plant( broke during feeding today)it is in the flower stage has 4 flowers on the stem. HELP. have only 4 plants going, need this if it is fesable.

how far along in flowering? there will not be time to root and still give you buds. give it a re-cut and dip in root solution and put it back in the veg stage. in will re-vert and take a little time. If it is more than 4 wks in flowering there really isn't much you can do. Sorry man...IF it is still semi-attached you can put a splint and tape and try to heal it but it sounds like it broke right off. wish there was better news...

oops :)

accidentally posted this in the grow journal........... meant to put it here

also, i have had this question is p.m. a couple times and right now is a perfect time for me to showcase it.

the last 2 weeks are BY FAR the largest "bud packing" weeks.

hard to believe the pics....... , but here is a bubbledick at 48 days and getting ready to go into final flush for 7-10 days:

med_gallery_13801_60_2348091.jpg?t=1299602

here is that same cola 16 days ago:

med_gallery_13801_60_1993993.jpg?t=70299977

This isnt really a question so much as a something new I learned. Ok so when watering yesterday I saw a male and I was like holy donkey it not only showed sex in 21 days but it looked like it was 3 or 4 from releasing pollen. At the 5th and 6th true nodes the preflower pollen sacs were developed. So I was like wow that is a fast male and started looked at the rest to see if I could weed out any other boys. 2 are showing female at 21 days!?! I have never seen female preflowers in under 4 weeks. Does this tell me anything? or just the strain shows sex early?

lol

Yep... Round n Round we go...

But the important thing is to get both opinions clearly laid out so the beginners can make educated choices based on what would suit them best! :D

Ok, I have only grown in organics, and prefer a 50/50 mix of FF happy frog, and ocean forest. I have yielded 3 0z. a plant. I add unsulferd mollasses ( 1 tsp. per gal. W/Ph balanced water) every third watering in flowering, and a little runoff (about 10% of water input) I have had compliments that this product was better, than any dispensary in the wayne county area has! I just been keeping hidden, because of all the leagle issues I have been hearing about.

Please keep in mind that I am not bragging, just sharing my thoughts.....sorry about my spelling, too early in the am. LOL! :thumbsu:

QWISO HASH

Submitted By: bubblegrower Submitted On: Today, 12:49 PM Submitted In: Cooking, Medibles, and Tinctures Click here to go to tutorial Quote

QWISO = quick wash in isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol).

i use the 99% stuff. the 100% works a little quicker, but costs a bit more and is more difficult to find.

let's get some equipment rounded up. obviously these items can be changed out accordingly, but here's the stuff needed to make a small, quick batch.

i actually prefer making a lot of small batches as opposed to one big one. things move quicker and you can get things washed faster. it just makes for better quality hash IMO if you make it in smaller batches. anyways............. we need:

1qt. wide mouth mason jar filled 3/4 full with buds/lowers/clippings (the better the initial product the better the hash) DRIED!!!

16oz bottle of 99% or 100% rubbing alcohol

strainer

a coffee filter

casserole dish

razor blade

bowl

here they are:

med_gallery_13801_60_1606825.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_1685672.jpg

first, i leave my bottle of rubbing alcohol and my jar of clippings in the freezer overnight. the cold helps the alcohol knock the trichome heads right off and thats what we want.

ok, timing is key here. the goal is to not let the plant matter sit in the alcohol too long.

the first step is to pour the rubbing alcohol into the mason jar full of buds/clippings/lowers....... screw the lid on real fast and shake like hell for exactly 30 seconds.

then dump the alcohol/trim mix into a strainer that is lined with a coffee filter and sitting over the bowl:

med_gallery_13801_60_965270.jpg

when i dump the alcohol into the strainer, i try to hold back as much plant matter as possible. as i said in the beginning, the goal here is to get the plant matter out of the alcohol ASAP now...... the longer it sits in the alcohol, the more "plant matter" that comes out. this will lower your thc level and make your hash a slimy green color.

here's what i dumped into the strainer:

med_gallery_13801_60_480498.jpg

and here's what got held back in the jar. some folks re-wash this..... but i just throw it away. i like the good stuff and the good stuff only :)

med_gallery_13801_60_2197664.jpg

now you can relax and medicate for a few mins............. drip drip drip:

med_gallery_13801_60_253802.jpg

after its all filtered down into the bowl, and your filter is empty, you want to dump the bowl into your casserole dish:

med_gallery_13801_60_1115927.jpg

(my dish had a bit of unscraped residue leftover from last batch..... thus the dark brown around the edges)

from here it takes another 24 hours usually.

light is bad. im not saying put your casserole dish in the dark, but dont stick it under your HID lamps either. from this point we want the rubbing alcohol to evaporate. a heating mat helps. if you do not have one, i just use a fan. blow right on it overnight. you wont hurt anything. we just want the alcohol to evaporate. this is where the 100% is faster than the 99% alcohol.

99% alcohol leaves 1% of something else....... thats water. water takes MUCH longer than alcohol to evaporate. this is why i never use less than 99% alcohol. 91% will work, but you will be waiting 3-4 days for all the water to dry out.

here's our dish almost dry:

med_gallery_13801_60_1486831.jpg

after its all the way dry, you can carefully begin scraping at it with a razor blade. you cant hurt the hash at this point, but you sure can hurt yourself. it will be rock hard and very hard to scrape..... so be careful.....

but when the scraping is done..................................

you can expect (normally) for one batch........ anywhere between 1-3 grams of hash depending on the quality of your starting product:

med_gallery_13801_60_572671.jpg

after im done scraping, i prefer to get my hash into the fridge right away. this preserves that nice golden brown color.

if your hash ball is subjected to any heat its no big deal, it will just become a darker brown color, and be more difficult to manage. (sticky)

after being in the fridge for awhile, you can literally just break off pieces to put over a bowl of your favorite meds, or into a hash pipe on its own.

med_gallery_13801_60_1404568.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_1463065.jpg

i have never tested my own hash, but i have seen qwiso test at 55-60% THC.

also, if you do not have the ability to keep your hash in the fridge, there are ways to avoid the stickiness :)

grind up some of your favorite meds like you are going to roll one up.

but then roll your hash ball in it instead.

this will keep it nice and easy to handle, and to cut chunks off of during medication sessions..

CAUTION:

rubbing alcohol is flammable and toxic. no smoking. no open flames. and be sure to dry your hash in a very well ventilated room.

It's almost HAS to be enviromental... i don't know how or what but check this out..

I know someone with some outside in straight Just Right Extra (mixed with a small amount a native soil) they are having ZERO issues... My JRE grow inside is dead...

Sealed room

Window A/C unit for cooling the room

4 circulation fans in room

CO2 enriched

Enviromental controler controled...

DIY Aero/NFT (PVC/CPVC used in construction)

Rubbermaid Roughneck rez

help

Testing pics..

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/uploads/1284843396/gallery_11199_188_1252249.jpg

gallery_11199_188_1252249.jpg

OK, I think I have it figured out.. talk about making it difficult..

There are 2 sets of plants, the set in the foreground was put in a week ago, flushed for a day, then 400ppm of my bloom mix (mixed in gallon jug, topped with water, Pure blend pro 540ml, Liquid Karma 180ml, Sweet 150ml, Cal-Mag 125ml)

PH'ed to 5.8...

BURN

The set in the background, went in a few days ago and have been in flush since and they are ALSO starting to exhibit the problems..

Plants went in looking pretty decent..

gallery_11199_188_2438493.jpg

where do you get the 100% ISO and how much does it usually cost?

i see your bottle of 99% says meijer on it - do they have that right on the shelf or do you have to ask someone for it?

i have seen the 100% at walgreens/CVS/rite-aid stores but its normally not on the shelf at meijer.

meijer had a sale on the 99% about a month ago...... they were $1.29 each i believe. they are right out in the open. no need to ask for assistance or produce an i.d. or anything. the alcohol is located in the pharmacy section by the beauty-health care items.

Thanks BG.

Indeed, there is a lot of information on that site. I personally gathered and compiled all the information. You'll find information there that I can guarantee you've never seen before. Some bits of the information were fairly hard to obtain.

However, I didn't construct the site itsself, for security purposes... There are numerous improvements that I have proposed though. The site doesn't look the greatest and there are visual errors. But it was a bit rushed... This is definitely a work in progress. I'm working with the site Administrator as much as possible. I'm hoping to eventually get it polished up nice and I'm hoping with the help of the people, we can change the situation our world is in...

I'm hoping that by compiling all this information in a single location, it'll be so much easier to educate the masses about Cannabis. See, this isn't going to be a site about growing Cannabis, like all the others, this site will explain WHY we should grow Cannabis and why the world needs Cannabis.

I am teaching a friend of mine how to grow and am running into a problem w/ the roots getting bound up and not filling the containers they are potted in. I have started to notice that when I'm transplanting or even at harvest the root mass only fills 1/2 the pot at most. The roots appear healthy and what root mass is there is super dense. The plants are healthy but the main stalks have become smaller. I use pro mix bx and flower in 3&5 gal pots. I use great white(beneficial bacteria) and hygrozyme for root development. I have grown w/ this same method for almost 10yrs and have always had solid root masses that filled the pots. I'm at a loss trying to figure this out and any help from all u who r smarter than I would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I was thinking of mixing something in w/ the soil-less mix to help aerate??...styrofoam? or hydroton?

Hello BG,

Im starting my third week of flower today and I'm using Lucas formula 0-8-16 in rdwc. I would like to spend a lil coin on some supplemental nutes during the flower stage. I did purchase and start a 10ml/pg liquid cool bloom supplement when I add nutes/water to the rez. 2 days in and I see quantifiable size growth. I want to know what the expert/professional grower would use and supplement with during flowering stage while using Lucas formula.

Hello BG,

Im starting my third week of flower today and I'm using Lucas formula 0-8-16 in rdwc. I would like to spend a lil coin on some supplemental nutes during the flower stage. I did purchase and start a 10ml/pg liquid cool bloom supplement when I add nutes/water to the rez. 2 days in and I see quantifiable size growth. I want to know what the expert/professional grower would use and supplement with during flowering stage while using Lucas formula.

many strains are just fine with the lucas only. when i am trying new strains, i use koolbloom in the 2 weeks before final flush. sometimes it helps tremendously, and sometimes not at all.

i like the powdered koolbloom. i add it as written on package. 1/4 teaspoon/gallon.