Need Your Grow Questions Answered? Come On In!

Grow Thread

^^^yeah it would be a great problem if I had the money to spend on new hoods.....but isnt that life? Never have it when you need it....

and I am starting your bubble system tonight....keep your fingers crossed!!!! By the way do you have any problems with light penetrating through Home Depot buckets???? or should wrap them in silver insulation tape to just make sure??

^^^yeah it would be a great problem if I had the money to spend on new hoods.....but isnt that life? Never have it when you need it....

and I am starting your bubble system tonight....keep your fingers crossed!!!! By the way do you have any problems with light penetrating through Home Depot buckets???? or should wrap them in silver insulation tape to just make sure??

i would wrap them to be sure if they arent black ;)

MOVING FROM SOIL TO HYDRO

okie dokie.

soil to hydro:

here we are: med_gallery_13801_60_102236.jpg

i let the soil dry out pretty well. not as much as i prefer, but good enough for government service:

med_gallery_13801_60_177589.jpg

and then wiggle it out of its home.

here we are:

med_gallery_13801_60_162966.jpg

now bob it up and down in some r.o. water:

med_gallery_13801_60_1533784.jpg

looking good here:

med_gallery_13801_60_1497528.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_683298.jpg

into the hydro we go......... start with a net pot with a thin layer of hydroton on the bottom:

med_gallery_13801_60_201887.jpg

a little cleaner is preferred, mock my grow habits, not my cleanliness :)

its all good :)

here we are setting the lil girl in the pot:

med_gallery_13801_60_651581.jpg

and place more hydroton around the edges:

med_gallery_13801_60_936134.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_940815.jpg

and from right now i will topwater 3-4 times a day for 3-4 days until the roots grow out the bottom....... then its all about joy and happiness :)

after about a week, dump/wash/refill everything to get rid of any leftover soil!! this is VERY IMPORTANT!!

So I think I've determined my room in general is toxic... Everything I've put in my flower room has followed the same path, EVEN after removing the NGW tubing...

I don't know what it could be anymore... Possibly the "roughneck" trashcan I use for my fresh water Rez?

I had some plastic "leather" (1/8" thick, smooth on one side, textured on the other) flooring in the room, over Panda film? My flexible hose to run my water cooled light on a track?? Maybe the flat white paint on the walls?

I'm moving into a MUCH larger space (10x12x12h)..

This is great, it just sets me back even farther in both time and money I don't have.. So while I am excited, I'm also at the breaking point...

:thumbsu:

:thumbsd:

yup, make sure you wear old clothes and use a rag you plan to throw away :)

you could use a smaller ratio, but i am obsessive about cleanliness.

Obsessive is on thing, dangerous is another....lol...

1-2oz/gal should be PLENTY for disinfecting.. lol.. I got the point though...

Tell me, can you pick the plants that where in my flower room? I had them in for 6 days before I pulled them and put them back in VEG.. :thumbsd:

gallery_11199_188_3060281.jpg

Given nothing but RO water.. runoff PH 6.5..... PPM ~800

Excellent thread for those (like me) who were trying to decide if CO2 was worth the time, money, and hassle of experimenting with...this site sorta reminds me of that old tv commercial for "Bull Durham" stockbrokers (or whoever it was)...the ad simply said that, "when "Bull Durham" speaks, everybody listens!" Well, that's sorta how I see this site (that has several very experienced growers on it), along with bubblegrowers grow journal. These guys might not ALWAYS be right, but the amount of helpful info on here is worth it's weight in gold. I probably wouldn't admit this to bubblegrower cause we once had a major difference of opinions, or stubborness...(smiling)...but, I use this website and particularly BG's grow journal as one of my best resources for learning, and for watching others who appreciate the education, and help...hats off to BG and the crew of guys helping everyone with their problems, and solutions!!! Don't like the advice?...go elsewhere!

Excellent thread for those (like me) who were trying to decide if CO2 was worth the time, money, and hassle of experimenting with...this site sorta reminds me of that old tv commercial for "Bull Durham" stockbrokers (or whoever it was)...the ad simply said that, "when "Bull Durham" speaks, everybody listens!" Well, that's sorta how I see this site (that has several very experienced growers on it), along with bubblegrowers grow journal. These guys might not ALWAYS be right, but the amount of helpful info on here is worth it's weight in gold. I probably wouldn't admit this to bubblegrower cause we once had a major difference of opinions, or stubborness...(smiling)...but, I use this website and particularly BG's grow journal as one of my best resources for learning, and for watching others who appreciate the education, and help...hats off to BG and the crew of guys helping everyone with their problems, and solutions!!! Don't like the advice?...go elsewhere!

thanks for the kind words!!

i hope everything is growing well over there.

I think I might be topping to much to increase the number of tops...my branches are staying thin and cant support past the 3 week of flower....I have stuff flopping all over the place....

strong possibility. depends a lot on strain and veg time AFTER your last topping.

obviously an indica strain is going to normally have thicker/sturdier stems than a sativa. but the sativa will have smaller buds to support.

either way, i try to do all my topping very early in veg.......... or, if it is one of those last minute things because the plant is just getting too tall, i make sure to leave it in veg for at least a week after that last topping.

im sure you already know this, but for everyone else out there............ after topping, your plant will not grow in height at all for the next few days/week while the next set of branches down the stem beef up, and rise up to the occasion. without the proper time to beef up, you will end up with 2 weak/spindly top branches that can't hold much up.

i want to plug a "grasshopper" (i say that lovingly) here.

member Royal Smoke has decided to ingest dang near every single post i have ever made on this site, and then give bubbles a shot.

his results are STELLAR and are real true proof of what can happen if you put the time and effort into your grow BEFORE YOU PLANT A PLANT :)

see his entire spread here: http://hydroponicsup...4acab83a136cfaf

but here's a preview of the beginning and some up-to-date pics:

Hydroponic Supersonic

Nov 14, 2010

<a href="http://hydroponicsupersonic.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-first-bubble-grow.html">My First Bubble Grow

Day 1 and Getting Started

001.JPG

002.JPG Day 1

Parts for Each Tote007.JPG1) 10 Gal. Sterilite Storage Tote $3.492) 20-60 Gallon Aquarium Pump $8.993) 2 - 6" Air Stones $2.29 x 2 = $4.584) 25ft. of Air Line $2.895) 2 - 5" Net Pots $1 x 2 = $2.006) Sm. Bag Hydroton Clay pebbles $5.00 $ 26.95

1 - 4 can be found at Walmart or Meijer5 & 6 can be found at local Hydro store

1 - 600 Watt HP Sodium Light(See Below)Where I Learned How to Build the Bubble Tote

I bought 4 clones at $20/clone: 2 Lemon Cake 1 White Widow 1 Strawberry Chronic

009.JPG Lemon Cake 008.JPG White Widow (top) Strawberry Chronic (bottom)

This is the lighting system I use:

superwide1.jpgsuperwide3.jpg

superwide2.jpg

Maverick Sun SuperWide Six Inch Ducts with Adjustable socket & cord, and glass included. When I purchased mine at the local hydroponics store, it came with the ballast and a D-Lux 600 Watt High Pressure Sodium bulb as well, like the one below:

Week 9 - (Week 2 of Flower) It's Been a While...

Let Me Start by saying: "Welcome to the Jungle!"

001.JPG

I've outgrown my space. The White Widow plant is a MONSTER! I made a mistake by vegging too long...

Okay, now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's get back to the mutant Lemon Cakes plants that were of concern to me a few weeks ago. I sliced all of the 'weird' looking leaves off with razor and now look:

005.JPG004.JPG

Leaves are looking back to normal and all is well. I still have the 2 Lemon Cake plants in 1 tote. Which probably wasn't a good idea, because they both have a ton of roots. They have more roots than either the White Widow or the Strawberry Chronic. There comes a point when you can no longer transport the plants into their own tote and this is when the roots get into a large enough ball, they will not fit through the hole you cut to hold the net pot. The White Widow and the Strawberry Chronic each have their own tote now, because I 'realized' this in time with the both of them.

Also, as a little side note. When you are beginning your project; make sure that you cut your hole for your net pot PERFECTLY. One of my holes I had cut a little too big and I thought "Oh, no big deal". But once the plants get larger and heavier, they will fall through the net pot and into your water/nutes. I've learned the hard way and it sucks! The roots are now too large and I cannot fit them through the hole to transport them. I'm using bungee cords to hold the plant up. Just keep that in mind.

Here's the Strawberry Chronic

003.JPG

Here's the Gigantic White Widow plant. I've saved the Big Mamma for last. I kept her in vegetation too long and now she's outgrown my room. I can't raise my light any higher. I'll have to keep this in mind next time!

006.JPG

Looks like I've got some powdery mildew on some of the leaves. I had turned my fan off because it was dropping the temperature into the mid to low 60's. BAD MOVE! No air circulation = BAD!

Okay Here's a Couple pictures of the Lemon Cake a couple weeks from being ready to harvest:

10004.JPG

1003.JPG

ahhh, change can be good though. think of it that way.

and, i know im not telling you anything you do not already know, but wash EVERYTHING with a 50/50 water/bleach mix. walls/floors/tubes/pumps/stones/ceilings/lids/netpots/hydroton/power cords............ everything :)

So, Living proof that at least my flower area is somehow toxic to plantlife...

gallery_11199_188_288390.jpg

I put this in WITHOUT a single yellow leaf.. 4 days of exposure and you can see the results..

So, Living proof that at least my flower area is somehow toxic to plantlife...

I put this in WITHOUT a single yellow leaf.. 4 days of exposure and you can see the results..

ugh.

WTF is it??

any info on how to build a trellis for support for my flowering plants....my tops are just falling everywhere....I need to build it tomorrow...so quick info would be great....thanks in advance guys and pray for my little ones to grow strong and straight!!!!!

this might help:

http://michiganmedic...post__p__231714

i have also been thinking about trying to alter a tomato ring/cage to fit on a 5 gallon bucket.