Decarboxylization

Isn't it an extract of "ditch weed" that helped all those kids with epilepsy from having seizures?  I wouldn't be so quick to call it placebo effect and throw strait cbd preparations out the door.  You don't have to smoke it.  And you can't discount it works for people just because you don't have what those people have.

Ditch weed, I have seen ditch weed with my own eyes. I drove down to a special place in Indiana where ditch weed was overtaking the corn. I noticed that every other house had one normal looking pot plant growing in the front yard. The other houses (farmers) looked like they were having ditch weed problems. The stalks were up to 6" thick. This was in the summer too. How and the heck are you going to grow a plant with a 6" stalk indoors? At the point it hits the sodium light it will go stretch happy. That is what true ditch weed is. At least in Indiana.

The Tora Bora my cancer patient recently acquired, well, I would not call that ditch weed. It is a quality strain that is high in CBD and has a low THC content. That does not mean it is ditch weed. I am guessing most of the high CBD strains do have ditch weed genetics to where they grow faster, bigger, more green, and are easier to grow, less nutes required. I have personally heard a lot of good things about high CBD strains when it comes to calming and eliminating seizures. With other illness, from what I have seen, the higher the THC, the better.

Edit: I just thought of this. I am not sure what to make of it. I was going to take a clone of it, but a deer ate it right down to the bottom of the stem to where I could not even find the plant. I noticed a marijuana plant starting to grow under my bird feeders. I suspect the seed came from the suet cake. First time I have ever seen that happen too. I didn't look anything like the Indiana ditch weed. It looked like the typical common strain. It is too bad I wasn't able to get a cutting.

Testing, that is a problem now. I contacted two organizations that test. One isn't doing it right now and the other wants a costly membership fee plus a fee for each test, and I would have to drive about 200 miles one way to get the samples there. Can't afford that.I just harvested SpaceDawg, and I believe it may be high in CBD and was looking forward to having it tested along with another SpaceDawg pheno. Too bad getting it tested is too costly for me right now. I will probably have to just let the strain go.

Edited by GrowGoddess

That's just it, any testing done here in Michigan for growers does not tell you anything that relates to what a patient experiences with their medical cannabis. So when 'someone' claims it does and they try to sell you that then what you have are lies for money of the worst kind. Be wary of it. Then at the same time you have the powers that be wanting to shove the supposed 'medical' ditch weed down our throats because it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy because we can't get 'HIGH' off of it. It's another one of those times when people from our own community are cutting our throats because they play right into the hands of those that hinder our attempts to have the right to choose what we do want that works. Be careful what you ask for. Be careful what moves you bust for money. Some of these 'moves' slam doors shut on us.

...as evidenced by our ongoing restrictions. we demanded our "medicine" be recognized as such. soon, we may have to live with the fact that "medicine" cannot be produced in a basement by one who is "admittedly" addicted(feds words, not mine) to the drug they are producing and selling. The quandary  has been produced by the "medical" mantra of our cannabis movement. Now, we hear the same folks saying wait a minute, we don't want medicine status, and all of the restrictions that come with making and selling "medicine" .

We supported most of the industry moves and the big money groups, and now fear what they have brought us. Some people sold their marijuana with mold and pesticides on it, and those groups ran with that. Is it their fault, or the fault of the grower trying to save his "crop" and be paid for it too ? 

I didn't support the big money groups. Never have. Just watched for the 'moves' and pointed them out. If you keep your eyes open to the big picture, as it fills in you clearly see what is up the road and how people are their own worst enemy with what they ask for and what they do to corner the market. Testing is ONLY valuable when combined with clinical trials. Anyone who tells you different is busting moves for money OR is just ignorant of the big picture. Whether it's out of ignorance or greed, their knives cut our throats the same way.

It seems ludicrous that everyday we purchase goods and services from the very same corps that continue to demonize marijuana ! WE are their financial support web, and they count on us solely to continue their fight against our herb. Similar to the pink ribbon fund raiser company, who publicly admits to spending the bulk of raised funds to actually fight against ALL historical accounts of an alternative treatment for cancer. We throw money at cancer research at a much larger rate than the world combined, yet we have more cancer instances than the world, making It  look like MONEY might be the cause of cancer, or at least the prohibition of a cure/ prevention. We use the same few drugs, form the same corp, since the 30's to treat/cause cancer. Bayer, IG Farben, is headed by Nazi war criminals who used these same (mustard gas derived) chems on millions of healthy and unhealthy people. Looking into the "Magic Miracle durgs" we see that many of the same chems are even used in pesticides on our fruits and vegetables. and they are selling like hotcakes in the garden sections. The drugs that were used to cause cancer in Nazi camps is also the same one that's used to treat it!  hello ??  

We just keep on doing what we've always done, expecting different results each time= insanity.

We keep voting in the "lesser of two evils" and wonder why we're left with evil. We yell and scream of politico injustice, yet we rarely remove a tyrant from office. We deserve everything the majority asks for, unfortunate for some, welcome to democracy.

Testing is ONLY valuable when combined with clinical trials. Anyone who tells you different is busting moves for money OR is just ignorant of the big picture. Whether it's out of ignorance or greed, their knives cut our throats the same way.

I must disagree with you here. Actually, that is 100% anti-topic.

I can come up with many reasons why testing can be valuable to a grower. Here is one. How about testing to show decarb ratios? i.e. THCa converting to THC. I haven't even scratched the surface of the uses and benefits that testing can lead to.

I don't have an opinion regarding testing being mandatory. I am not involved with any of that political BS.

My purpose of having my product tested is so that I can be a better caregiver and produce higher quality medicine for my patients. You would think since you know about concentrates, you would understand the purpose of testing. Like whether or not the solvent has been purged completely. Comparing an iso extraction to grain alcohol extraction, the decarbing and which is more efficient. What temperatures work best with which solvent. You will only know those answers through testing.

I just want to try to be able to produce the highest quality medicine possible and testing can help me do that.

A few of my patients do want to know the levels of THC and CBD is in the oil or strain. That is what THEY want, the patients, not me.

You speak in half truths, a lot of what you say is true, but only half true. The MMJ world is much bigger than your personal views or needs.

I am not afraid to have my products tested, I am confident in them. I just want to be further educated about the products I produce so I can do even better for my patients.

There are folks trying to corner the market and pushing low grade stuff. Claims that high CBD is the best way, the only way. We can't disregard testing because select groups want it to serve their agendas. I know I am not one of those, I am not part of any group or business. I just want to be able to do better for my patients. Don't get me wrong, they are very happy with what I provide. I just want to do better. Growing is my hobby.

What you are not understanding is that when the science has moved forward the scientists have found that simple THC to CBD ratios mean next to nothing medically. The science is much more complicated than that. There are no tests you can get, Goddess, that make any sense medically.  You might be having fun with your hobby with testing, but you are not enhancing the medicine by any testing YOU can have done.

The science has moved forward and has shown anyone who is paying attention that the claims made by folks hawking their CBD rich cannabis are false claims. The cannabis world needs to keep up with cannabis science if they want to act like scientists when they are making claims. Cannabis is a great medicine, but when folks make false claims from cheap testing, that are found to be lacking any real science, it just makes cannabis medical claims a little less credible as a whole.

HOLY CRAP  PEOPLE ! ! !    I asked a simple question regarding extraction process's and next thing I know there is an argument going on about ditch weed....   Do you all need to be on prozac or something ? ?    Can you stay focused here for more than like 3 minutes ? ?   I have useful information that I was willing to share to anyone who actually wanted to learn something good for the patients, but now I'm not sure that anyone here has the mental capacity to understand it or the process involved anyways....  :(

too bad....

Continue on with your oh so interesting ditch weed debate......

LOL

Why should I bother with that ???   It's not like anybody bothered to respect my valid question by answering with any sensible answer.  Best you could come up with was some link to an old article.  

And as for those poor people who need to take some form of pharma made pill so they can function "normally" on a daily basis....  I feel sorry for all of you!!   just another case of big brother getting his sheeple hooked on his creations....    think about it...  did people need this stuff to survive life 100 years ago ???   NOPE !!!   The gov. told you that this would help, you belived them and now you are hooked on their product.  

and besides, I thought this forum was for those of us who like, love and use this wonderful plant to its fullest potential.  Helping others in their quest in living a pain free and better quality of life is what I am about, and supposedly this site was built for the same purpose.  

heck, if I wanted to deal with people who have no clue I could have stayed connected with the AMMA group......   :(

settle down Domman.  suggesting that some folks here in the thread might need Prozac may be insulting to those who do take the drug, and find it helps them cope with life.  We should aim to respect folks and their disabilities, and the medicine they use to treat them.

lmso gm, like the kettle (you) calling the pot (no pun intended) black.

HOLY CRAP  PEOPLE ! ! !    I asked a simple question regarding extraction process's and next thing I know there is an argument going on about ditch weed....   Do you all need to be on prozac or something ? ?    Can you stay focused here for more than like 3 minutes ? ?   I have useful information that I was willing to share to anyone who actually wanted to learn something good for the patients, but now I'm not sure that anyone here has the mental capacity to understand it or the process involved anyways....   :(

too bad....

Continue on with your oh so interesting ditch weed debate......

LOL

This happens often Dommaman.  Please don't get discouraged when a post derails... it will eventually return to

the OP. Sometimes we all have to slog through the mire to find the info we are seeking.

Please don't give up, stick around!  There is more great information and helpful people here than not, imho.

You have been around long enough to understand how within this community

(or any community of like minded people) we all won't agree all the time on all things.

:yahoo-wave:

Edited by imiubu

I don't use Prozac,(or any rx) and generally avoid those that do. I wanted to say the right thing, so imiubu wouldn't have anything to cut me with....oh well, I'll keep trying.

may I humbly request you start a new thread with your question. I'll try my hardest to get to the answer for you.

thank you

Why should I bother with that ???   It's not like anybody bothered to respect my valid question by answering with any sensible answer.  Best you could come up with was some link to an old article.  

And as for those poor people who need to take some form of pharma made pill so they can function "normally" on a daily basis....  I feel sorry for all of you!!   just another case of big brother getting his sheeple hooked on his creations....    think about it...  did people need this stuff to survive life 100 years ago ???   NOPE !!!   The gov. told you that this would help, you belived them and now you are hooked on their product.  

and besides, I thought this forum was for those of us who like, love and use this wonderful plant to its fullest potential.  Helping others in their quest in living a pain free and better quality of life is what I am about, and supposedly this site was built for the same purpose.  

heck, if I wanted to deal with people who have no clue I could have stayed connected with the AMMA group......   :(