Blue Gun Info?

porcupine

Can any one give a good description of the Strain called Blue Gun? I know it's a cross between Blueberry & Ak-47, but that's about it.

Thanks for any info.

out of curiosity myself, i just did a pretty thorough search and came up empty handed. i am nearly positive what you have there is a "personal cross", meaning a local grower bred out the male and female himself and pollinated, then grew out the seeds, and named his/her own strain. it is more than likely a local strain. my first source of info would be the person/place you got it from.

since i googled, and checked the first 10 pages of results for:

blue gun cannabis

blue gun seeds

blue gun marijuana

blue gun strain

i will go out on a limb and say that this is not a "stable" strain. meaning you really don't know what characteristics (phenotypes) it will take on.

I had access to the strain years ago, but the clones had mites so I didn't take them.I now have access to it again locally through a differant patient.I hear it is amazing.I have also searched Blue Gun and could find nothing.I thought originally it was a local clone only strain.If you google Blueberry/AK-47 a really nice strain does pop up that describes basically what I've heard of as Blue Gun so I thought that that might be what I am talking about.

I'll see about sampling and accessing the genetics for my medical needs and will let everyone know what I find out.In the meantime if any one has info please post.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received a nice healthy clone to make my mother. I didn't get a chance to sample it yet but was told it leans a little more to the AK-47 parent effect wise,has a blueberry odor and flavor, and yields very well. I will post pictures when I am able to eventually get some into the flower cycle and then let everyone know how it turns out.

That sounds like a really interesting strain. Keep us updated!

The person I got it from also has a genotype of the same cross that came from a different source and leans to the Blueberry parent. I'm thinking about picking that one up also just to compare. I hear of no negative traits in either one as he has grown out both so I think it would be worth comparing the two.

I finally got the chance to sample some and all I can say is phenomenal!!! The odor was berry,fruity,skunky,dank perfection. The odor translated very well on the inhale. On the exhale it was more of a light AK-47 woodsy flavor with a very little hint of lemon but the berry skunky flavor eventually built up and lasted an extra 15-20 minutes. Some of the buds were tighter than others because it was actually a mix of the Blue Gun and the AK/47 -Blueberry cross that I received, but there wasn't much difference between the two. It is a nice green with varying sized orange hairs. I'm told it can turn colors. It had very nice trichrome coverage,and was moist and sticky. I'm not sure of the cure time but it burnt perfectly. I wish I would have had a decent camera available, but will eventually get some pictures of it put up. The effects were outstanding, with a strong medicating effect,clear yet not couchlocked and did help with my pain. I actually got up and did a little cleaning. That might have been out of necessity but I did it anyway and didn't burn me out. I could have actually done with two hits but kept going just because of the taste and odor combo, before I knew it the bowl was gone which wasn't very big, but I never went over the top or burned out. The effects lasted for hours.

It was this particular patient/caregiver's first run with it and he is a VERY good gardener, so I can only imagine how much better it will get as he gets to know the strain. He said it yielded nicely for him. I will let you know how it does for me. I think I may have a new favorite!

I am amazed no one has tried to lock down this cross in seed form.

In my opinion it would be well worth anyones efforts to backcross it with a proven nice pure AK-47 or Blueberry male and doing some selecting.

• 1 year later...

IMG_0501.jpg

SO called "Blue-gun" I picked this up today....Dealer has a lot, "Indica high" skunky blueberry smell, woodsy, fruity smell (slight), ## for 4.5g (3 hour buzz) relaxing smoke, potent sleeper high. Smoked this prior today about 6 months back obviously its grown local, thank you to who is growing it...very nice job. PM me if you have questions about it..

SO called "Blue-gun" I picked this up today....Dealer has a lot, "Indica high" skunky blueberry smell, woodsy, fruity smell (slight), ## for 4.5g (3 hour buzz) relaxing smoke, potent sleeper high. Smoked this prior today about 6 months back obviously its grown local, thank you to who is growing it...very nice job. PM me if you have questions about it..

also I would like to add that its inside it well packed trichomes and sticky ichyyy I also noticed some purple areas inside the bud.

Blue Gun is a local strain created in the Grand Rapids area that has been grown out here for about twenty years or so, mostly outdoors by a the creator, but performs excellent indoors. it is Blueberry x AK-47 and is one of my favorite strains of all time and is clone only. it is a seriously dank strain of whom i know several people who rock this beauty VERY successfully. it's a staple in my Garden, although i lost her a couple times, but am lucky enough to know the right people to get her back when needed.

if this strain were to make it to Cali it would probably make a serious impact and become an elite. Count yourself lucky if you have the real deal as it is held pretty close, but is slowly making the rounds.

A true Michigan creation.

I happen to know the guy that first bred this out in our area, Porcupine. next time we chat, remind me. i'll let you know what i know on that. strangely, this is the first time i've seen this post.

This post was made a long while back when I was retesting her to see if it was the original cut i had, and not some Joey Weed knock off as he used later genetics, and Blue Gun comes from the originals. Thanks, we'll chat about it next time, i can get her anytime i need her.

Archived