Begginer Looking For Advice

Hi, I recently received my card and wanted to grow my own medicine for chronic pain. However, I have no experience growing and am looking for advice, and there seems to be some knowledgeable people on this site. So I have a small upstairs bedroom I could use and with a fixed income and am concerned about cost. So basically I need a starting point to begin this adventure. Approx. how much will it cost to set up this room and if anyone knows the most cost efficient way to go about this I would appreciate any input. Is there any good books on the subject? I am very excited at the prospect of growing my own medicine and hopefully getting away from all these pills but don't know where to start.

Thanks for any advice

Not sure what size you veg or flower room are gonna be. but here is a good light that is cheap but yet works great. i have the same light only in hps but for 170 plus shipping u can get both mh/hps and comes with bulbs.

http://htgsupply.com/growlights.asp?categoryID=1&subcategoryID=155&typeID=55

this is also a good site for cheap prices. good product's. Good luck on the garden im sure u will injoy it!!! :D

King of Buds :D

And a great book to have that will teach u just about everything from makeing clones and planting seeds. to makeing many differnt typs of hash and everything in between.

Marijuana Horticulture the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible By Jorge Cervantes

u can purchase this book from a local compassion club for 25 or your closest border's books

King of Buds

Hi, I recently received my card and wanted to grow my own medicine for chronic pain. However, I have no experience growing and am looking for advice, and there seems to be some knowledgeable people on this site. So I have a small upstairs bedroom I could use and with a fixed income and am concerned about cost. So basically I need a starting point to begin this adventure. Approx. how much will it cost to set up this room and if anyone knows the most cost efficient way to go about this I would appreciate any input. Is there any good books on the subject? I am very excited at the prospect of growing my own medicine and hopefully getting away from all these pills but don't know where to start.

Thanks for any advice

Pm me your budget, how much you're looking to grow, and any questions you may have, I'm a little busy at work but I'd love to help you out, and I have quite a bit of experience.

I am also working with a limited budget so I can tell you how I started 4' shop lights 1 cool white 1 warm white bulb.keep the light as close to the plant as possible even touching is ok because they don't get hot try to keep temp around mid 70's and high humidity for vegatative growth.I ran the lights 24/7 but thats a personal choice some prefer 18 on 6 off its up to You

100_0170.jpg

When You decide to sex the plants and go to 12/12 lighting.The plant will show what it is in about a week if it throws hairs its a girl nut sack a boy and if both well I call it a shim LOL.For a cheap light source to flower with I went with a 400HPS the cheapest I found was at htgsupply buy an extra bulb just incase accidents happen at least to me.The length of flowering can vary widely with different strains a good indicator is trichome color most would say most cloudy with some amber?its a personal choice really experiment with it.

GREATPIC.jpg

Hit my profile and look up topic mr. green 9 part growing class I found on youtube I basically did what he did but grew in dirt which is alot more forgiving than hydro also check out revveging a harvested plant shows some really cool time saving and bigger harvest and alternate cloning techniqes I hope this helps.As far as getting genetics I would hope You would decide to go local instead of ordering from out of country its a personal choice but I have to say this country has way to many outsourced jobs as it is.Good luck I reccomend reading a couple books too there is so much more than what I said.try searching for free books online I found them before.

Marijuana Horticulture the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible By Jorge Cervantes

I also recommend this book. Its will take you start to finish, indoor or outdoor. Also make sure you check out you tube. there is alot of info and videos out there for free. but buy that book. its a goodie.

Thank you all for your input it was very helpful. Looks like i have a lot of work to do, but am looking forward to it. Also, i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what may work best for pain relief, i suffer from chronic nerve pain. Thanks again

lucky lucky you,now the fun and heart break begins.lol..be careful not to become to attached..i went to "grow4me.com"for some basic growing 101.i also went to HTGSupply on ebay to get my lights and such,i bought the 400 watt kit,in fact i bought two,came with all the basic things,timers,Nurts.trays, grow bags.etc.and grew in dirt for two grows,but then got out of dirt and went with Hempy Buckets,which i highly recommend.

.its a hydro feed system,with out all the pumps and such..very cheap,and user friendly.for a small room it works very well..you have a lot of dissions to make ,,good luck,..zb

I am also working with a limited budget so I can tell you how I started 4' shop lights 1 cool white 1 warm white bulb.keep the light as close to the plant as possible even touching is ok because they don't get hot try to keep temp around mid 70's and high humidity for vegatative growth.I ran the lights 24/7 but thats a personal choice some prefer 18 on 6 off its up to You

100_0170.jpg

When You decide to sex the plants and go to 12/12 lighting.The plant will show what it is in about a week if it throws hairs its a girl nut sack a boy and if both well I call it a shim LOL.For a cheap light source to flower with I went with a 400HPS the cheapest I found was at htgsupply buy an extra bulb just incase accidents happen at least to me.The length of flowering can vary widely with different strains a good indicator is trichome color most would say most cloudy with some amber?its a personal choice really experiment with it.

GREATPIC.jpg

Hit my profile and look up topic mr. green 9 part growing class I found on youtube I basically did what he did but grew in dirt which is alot more forgiving than hydro also check out revveging a harvested plant shows some really cool time saving and bigger harvest and alternate cloning techniqes I hope this helps.As far as getting genetics I would hope You would decide to go local instead of ordering from out of country its a personal choice but I have to say this country has way to many outsourced jobs as it is.Good luck I reccomend reading a couple books too there is so much more than what I said.try searching for free books online I found them before.

02.jpg

Thanks for any advice

Why buy one book when you can have 100 for free.

http://www.greenpassion.org/showthread.php?t=7747

Peace.

02.jpg

Chit that picture inspires me looking good Bob and Torey I think this movement has a chance I really do.I'm just glad the weather is now able to help lower the costs even more.Life is good or at least better than it has been in the past I'm smiling

Chit that picture inspires me looking good Bob and Torey I think this movement has a chance I really do.I'm just glad the weather is now able to help lower the costs even more.Life is good or at least better than it has been in the past I'm smiling

That was a nice post, some good looking plants too. Love the disco ball..................

That was a nice post, some good looking plants too. Love the disco ball..................

You will like this video then it and the pictures above are from my first cycle of indoor growing

I encourage people to grow thier own and check out what others have to offer this wonderfull plant comes in many many many different versions and variety IS the spice of life LOL

Archived