Filling Out My Paperwork

Greetings,

First off, I'm a newb so this might sound like a dumb question... That said, here goes...

I got my Doc's signature on Tuesday and am filling out my paperwork right now. I will be growing my own meds. So here's the question- Do I fill out the caregiver attestation assinging myself or by not filling out a caregiver attestation will the state just assume I'm my own caregiver?

I've gotten this far. I just want to make sure I don't mess up the paperwork.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings,

First off, I'm a newb so this might sound like a dumb question... That said, here goes...

I got my Doc's signature on Tuesday and am filling out my paperwork right now. I will be growing my own meds. So here's the question- Do I fill out the caregiver attestation assinging myself or by not filling out a caregiver attestation will the state just assume I'm my own caregiver?

I've gotten this far. I just want to make sure I don't mess up the paperwork.

Thanks in advance!

When filling out the app. on the patients application mark that you will have possesion of your own plants and then do not hand in a caregiver attestation at all.. that is only if you are going to have someone else be in possession of your plants.. Hope that helps. and gl.. Blessings.. Annie

Annie, you almost have this right, but not quite. I am a patient, with a caregiver, who has possession of my own plants. I added a caregiver so that I might have the opportunity to go away and leave my plants for weeks at a time and not be concerned that they are being properly cared for. I host one of the compassion clubs and spend a lot of time on the road, going to visit other clubs, various meetings and gatherings, going to rallies and such, so I am not always at home when the plants need tending to, so my caregiver steps in at that time and takes care of business. This is, for me, the best of both worlds. I am fortunate to have a family member, who is my caregiver, who I have been mentoring for several years in the fine art of growing quality medical grade cannabis. I know that he adheres to my grow philosophy and does things in a very simple manner. He does vary somewhat, but understands my desire to be wholly organic in my medicine. I believe that this is completely legal and above board...Peace...j.b.

When filling out the app. on the patients application mark that you will have possesion of your own plants and then do not hand in a caregiver attestation at all.. that is only if you are going to have someone else be in possession of your plants.. Hope that helps. and gl.. Blessings.. Annie

Annie, you almost have this right, but not quite. I am a patient, with a caregiver, who has possession of my own plants. I added a caregiver so that I might have the opportunity to go away and leave my plants for weeks at a time and not be concerned that they are being properly cared for. I host one of the compassion clubs and spend a lot of time on the road, going to visit other clubs, various meetings and gatherings, going to rallies and such, so I am not always at home when the plants need tending to, so my caregiver steps in at that time and takes care of business. This is, for me, the best of both worlds. I am fortunate to have a family member, who is my caregiver, who I have been mentoring for several years in the fine art of growing quality medical grade cannabis. I know that he adheres to my grow philosophy and does things in a very simple manner. He does vary somewhat, but understands my desire to be wholly organic in my medicine. I believe that this is completely legal and above board...Peace...j.b.

Ahh yes you are correct.. but i think i did get across how to fill out the paperwork correctly to be in possesion of your plants and not have a caregiver.. i agree having a caregiver and being in possesion of your own plants is an ideal scenario but not an option for everyone.. So if you are going to be in possesion of your plants and not going to have a caregiver.. just dont send in a caregivers attestation..

Archived