Hydro/aeroponics

Done Here

I have been looking into changing my setup from dirt to Hydro, I would like to have an areoponic setup. A few questions I had were Do the sprinklers in the system run 24hrs or is it on a timer like 4 times a day. Also if anyone has any feedback about the pros and cons of growing hydro instead of dirt. Thanks in advance and have a great day!

I have been looking into changing my setup from dirt to Hydro, I would like to have an areoponic setup. A few questions I had were Do the sprinklers in the system run 24hrs or is it on a timer like 4 times a day. Also if anyone has any feedback about the pros and cons of growing hydro instead of dirt. Thanks in advance and have a great day!

One min on 4 mins off

These are plans from hightimes

http://hightimes.com/grow/ht_admin/5645

Please let us know how it goes.

I just learned today that most hydro growers use chemicals. I need to ask the cg about that and ask if he'd grow organically for me and I'll offer to help with expenses.

Sb

90% of hydro growers use mostly organic chemicals, if they're not organic they are still generally very clean products. I've been using Humboldt Master A and B its not "organic" but its not a dangerous chemical by anymeans. With non organic based nutrients you have to flush a bit more at the end but as long as you know what you're doing you won't notice much difference in smoke, organic feeders tend to never flush so they get a slight earthy flavor which is generally the build up of organic nutrients in the plant.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Alot of that information on stinkbuddies is not good and yes it is also not bad to just run the pumps 24/7 but a 1m on 5m off is idea imo i have been runing aero for 3 years takeing info were i can get it and trying new things i will be makeing a new thread here soon on what i got going on atm maybe get this aero sub forum going and share what i have learnd

The single most important thing with hydroponics, and especially aeroponics, is reservoir temps. If you cannot keep them under 70 (66-68 is optimal) you will get root funk and you will lose your crop. Some systems are more forgiving than others, but pure aero (no media, just water) is not very tolerant to out of spec rez temps.

You can go 100% all chemical nutes and dose your rez everyday with hydrogen peroxide to keep infections in the rootzone at bay, but that also carries drawbacks.

Best bet for an aero/nft system like the stinkbud system, is a chiller. If you're running multiple units, you will need a chiller for each rez or you'll need to build a wort chiller type system to cool multiple rez's without mixing their nute solutions.

• 7 years later...

In a hydroponic system, plants grow without soil. Instead, they are grown with added nutrients in sand, gravel, or liquid. Aeroponics, a form of hydroponics, uses no growing medium at all. This is because plants do not require soil to grow, and soil can actually hinder the specific plant's growth.