Government Meetings

HC

Guest hayduke

HC, are the MMMA board meetings public?

Do we need to make our private meetings for our democratic group owned by us all in CPU, totally public?

If we extend an invite to a government agency, and they accept, does that mean everyone in the public can attend?

the answer to all the above questions is NO...

Why should any one group have a monopoly on access to officials who can affect our cause? They shouldn't I agree. So all you need to do is invite the MSP to your meeting that you privately hold, and instantly you have done the same thing we have done. Our post today was and is about two things we heard on Monday and then again at the Lansing meeting yesterday (and since Greg S and Julie S were there representing the MMMA why have they not posted a report?):

the MSP said Monday they consider Patient to Patient transfers ILLEGAL

the MSP said Monday, and the Lansing Prosecutor said yesterday they consider Dispensaries to be ILLEGAL

rather than showing your bitterness towards Mary, and looking like someone who's pride is hurt, why don't you work on getting this truly important info out to your members?

Obviously John Wells recognizes this info is timely, and we were being totally forthright and cordial in how we released the info. On the other post here from John's email list, I was the author of the piece.

If you have any questions for CPU we will do our best to answer in an honest and friendly manner.

Thanks for your time.

As for you lobbyist, Julie S., what is her agenda? Why was it MMMA felt the need to hire a lobbyist from California? Is there not a Michigan person who could step into that role? Does Julie S. also represent California interest who would like to do business in Michigan? Has it even been posted here that she is one of the lobbyists for the MMMA? Because that was clearly announced at the Lansing City hearing on dispensaries yesterday, so I assumed you were aware of that fact.

Hayduke,

I see you take Mary's word for gospel. You will learn to do otherwise, as almost everyone else she has (mis)represented does.

I am not sure where it is posted that I somehow represent the MMMA as a lobbyist. If I am, I sure would like to know where, and thank the person for giving me such accolades.

However, I have NEVER EVER presented myself as a representative of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association. Nor have I EVER presented myself as a lobbyist. I AM NOT a lobbyist, never have been.

Like wise, I AM not Californian, nor do I represent any Californian or Californian entity. I am however, a California card carrying patient, and have resided in California for the last few years participating in the City of Los Angeles ordinance battle and learning all I can on how to advance Medical Cannabis.

Yes, you will see me at the capitol building and at the local ordinance meetings, because I do have a vested interest in seeing this new law developed in an intelligent manner. My family, my friends, my neighbors All have a vested interest in these developments and I have experience and knowledge to lend.

Go ahead Hayduke, believe what Mary tells you, then come back to me when the dagger is sticking out of your back.

Thanks.

Guest hayduke

So Julie are you saying you are just an interested party? That you have no interest in being involved in a business in Michigan related to medical marijuana?

Do you have a comment on whether you support for profit dispensaries?

Do you have a comment on whether you support non profit dispensaries?

Did Greg Stark say at the meeting yesterday that he was the lobbyist for the MMMA?

What specific work did you take part in regarding medical marijuana in California?

It seems your words chosen in regard to Mary, like HC, are very aggessive. Why is that? Got any facts? Cause it appears you have a personal issue here. I didn't see you challenge anything she said a couple months ago at the Gone Wired Cafe. I saw Mary and everyone be pretty darn friendly towards you and Greg Stark. You don't need to be concerned with my backside, Julie, I assure you I am covered.

So Julie are you saying you are just an interested party? That you have no interest in being involved in a business in Michigan related to medical marijuana?

Did Greg Stark say at the meeting yesterday that he was the lobbyist for the MMMA?

What specific work did you take part in regarding medical marijuana in California?

It seems your words chosen in regard to Mary, like HC, are very aggessive. Why is that? Got any facts? Cause it appears you have a personal issue here. I didn't see you challenge anything she said a couple months ago at the Gone Wired Cafe. I saw Mary and everyone be pretty darn friendly towards you and Greg Stark. You don't need to be concerned with my backside, Julie, I assure you I am covered.

One very major problem I have with all of this is that it looks like two groups have agreed that:

1. P2P transfers are against the law. I disagree. The word "transfer" exists within the law.

2. dispensaries are against the law.

I disagree with both items. Yet this group has given the impression that the medical marijuana community agrees with the MSP on these issues.

That is a very big problem. It seems that this very small group has mislead the MSP. They seem to be claiming to represent our community.

Julie S were there representing the MMMA why have they not posted a report?

I won't speak for Greg, but my impression is that nothing really happened. Yes, they discussed a moratorium on for-profit entities, no reason to get one's panties in a wad. Unless of course YOUR intention is a for-profit entity. Whatever, I could careless, non-profit, for-profit, makes no difference to me, as long as patients have safe and consistent access. There is no need to sound alarms to people who are ill over something that was a big grandstand intended for one person in the room.

If you have any questions for CPU we will do our best to answer in an honest and friendly manner.

Really? Take another look at the minutes Mary typed up for the Coalition meeting that Matt Able and Jeff from Bad Axe attended. You were there, I am sure you were sent a copy of the minutes. Can YOU honestly say the minutes that were prepared for the coalition members was an HONEST or even ACCURATE representation of what took place at the meeting? I can't.

Guest hayduke

PB, please refrain from putting words in my mouth. I have never suggested what my viewpoint is, so youor comment is flat out untrue, and merely inflames the rhetoric. I advised what the MSP said. There is a significant difference there, so please don't shoot the messenger. You are just not stating my position correctly. You are looking for an admission that will never be made. I am surprised with your bs accusation. Have you even read the posts that I have made? Because you surely seem to have missed my point entirely.

Julie, I do not wear panties, so no worry about a wad, I like fresh air. Are those your balls showing outside your jockstrap? CPU was not formed until after the meeting you attended at Foster Center. I do not know what you are referring to that Mary wrote that was not true. I do not specifically recall that meeting notes memo from her, but surely I received it, and if it was untrue I would have noticed. Were you there for the whole meeting? I can tell you this Julie S., I trust Mary one heck of alot before I trust a carpetbagger like yourself. So you have been active in the CA mj movement... what specifically did you do out there? How is it you came to Michigan?

I sense your agenda will come when you choose to make it public. I get that and it is cool by me. But I find it somewhat unbelievable that your only interest in attending meetings is purely as a non involved spectator. I watch professional sports with that view, but not council meetings or legislative hearings...

Our agenda is on the table already, and it is pretty clear.

We wish to see arrests of patients and caregivers end. We advocate for patients and caregivers rights. You may also note the fine work of our President, Tim Beck, who is the person behind the Detroit ballot proposal to decriminalize less than an ounce of mj on private property in Detroit.

We don't hide behind anything or anyone. We saw a need in the state, and we are being cordial and proactive in being one positive voice among many in MI regarding medical cannabis.

We are neutral on dispensaries and will not condemn or endorse them. We urge anyone taking that path to be very careful in light of the MSP comments Monday, and the comments of the Lansing City Commission yesterday.

HC, are the MMMA board meetings public?

Do we need to make our private meetings for our democratic group owned by us all in CPU, totally public?

If we extend an invite to a government agency, and they accept, does that mean everyone in the public can attend?

the answer to all the above questions is NO...

Why should any one group have a monopoly on access to officials who can affect our cause? They shouldn't I agree. So all you need to do is invite the MSP to your meeting that you privately hold, and instantly you have done the same thing we have done. Our post today was and is about two things we heard on Monday and then again at the Lansing meeting yesterday (and since Greg S and Julie S were there representing the MMMA why have they not posted a report?):

the MSP said Monday they consider Patient to Patient transfers ILLEGAL

the MSP said Monday, and the Lansing Prosecutor said yesterday they consider Dispensaries to be ILLEGAL

rather than showing your bitterness towards Mary, and looking like someone who's pride is hurt, why don't you work on getting this truly important info out to your members?

Obviously John Wells recognizes this info is timely, and we were being totally forthright and cordial in how we released the info. On the other post here from John's email list, I was the author of the piece.

Thanks for your time.

I have to chime in here..About Mary,Pride has nothing to do with someone putting their hands on you. Totally unexceptable. Sorry but thats my oppinion just on that part..I don't know any of these people so I'm not being partial..

My interest is in seeing Michigan's medical cannabis program work. Not only for the patients, but for ALL of the state. What that looks like, only time will tell and I am excited to be a part of it.

Yes, I do have I comment. I DO NOT CARE. What I care about is seeing patients have SAFE CONSISTENT access, again how that hashes out in this state is still to be determined.

One more time, I do not speak for Greg. But I will say this, the man knows his shite, and does not Bull Shite.

The same as I am doing here.

It seems your words chosen in regard to Mary, like HC, are very aggessive. Why is that? Got any facts? Cause it appears you have a personal issue here.

Personal experience, like this one! Ever since I have met Mary, nothing she has said to me has had any element of truth. Further, everything I have heard comming back from her is flat out fiction.

Let me ask you this; Did she tell you the Novi story? Vet it, make the phone calls, vet it all you like. NOT ONE SINGLE OUNCE OF TRUTH. People are still coming up to me apologizing for the perceptions she conjured over that one.

I didn't see you challenge anything she said a couple months ago at the Gone Wired Cafe. I saw Mary and everyone be pretty darn friendly towards you and Greg Stark.

I am not sure which meeting at Gone Wired you are referring to, I have been to many. Sure we are cordial to everyone, and they are cordial, at least to our faces, we are all working for what should be a common goal.

Tough to do when dodging Mary's yarns.

BTW, I drove to California in my Ford Pick Up and returned in the same Ford Pickup, would you care for the routes I took? They were different.

Carpetbagger, REALLY? Are you one of those southern boys that migrated up here for our fine factory jobs? My entire history is in this State, minus the handful of years following the destruction of the Michigan Steel Industry.

I am not asking for your trust, I am not soliciting anything from you. I am merely defending myself from the continuous slander flung at me from the Mary Lindeman exhibit.

Hello everyone

I am going to try to explain where I stand on all of this.

First I am still with 3MED.

3MED is not part of the CPU.

I am using the 3MA website to try and unite ALL groups in our community.

I don’t know a lot about CPU. I believe they are a private group with paid membership.

I don’t know a lot about Mary L. . I have only met her two times. At our last meeting she said I would be helping with the meetings with MSP. I did not hear back about these meetings till after they happened. That’s most likely my fault for making some people mad. I did “hear” she worked with the Native Americans in MI.

I am unaware of any connection between CPU and 3MA.

CPU has shared some information with us (ie:me) about meeting they have went to.

I have contacted MSP asking to be a part of these meetings without reply.

I have made the statement that I don’t feel anyone should have to pay to have their voice heard. However CPU is a private thing so I cant tell them they MUST include us in their actions.

I have been stating that we all need to unite. This is part of the reason why. We all need to be on the same page. And I believe before we go forward with meetings we need to know what the people want.

I would be more than happy to go to the CPU meetings. But I was not invited and I wont pay to be invited.

As for Julie I have never met her, but she does seem to keep us all up to date on meetings and goings on in Lansing.

Greg Starks …Yes I have talked with him several time and yes he is a very capable person.

Neither of these two have received a penny as far as I know to help keep us informed.

I work for the people and only the people. I work to unite and put to rest problems such as this one.

I see us being able to use the 3MA website as a tool to collect the votes of the people and see what they want with out charging them.

If you have questions ask. I will answer IF I can.

Guest thequietone

I know don't post much, but today is just a sad, sad day for me. I have been using cannabis since my mom wanted me put on Valiums because I was moody back in 74. I remember the brotherhood that existed back then between those of us who used back then. An invisible bond that pulled us all together from all walks of life. I remember going to parks around Grand Rapids with my friends and meet total strangers and spent the entire day with them eating their food and end up leaving friends. For me this brotherhood, sisterhood, this bond lasted right up to the time it was made legal for medical use.

When I decided to get involved I found and joined a compassion club that wanted to help patients. You bet they wanted to help patients, themselves right to the patients wallets. They want to run as many patients through their patient mill so they can sign them up to one of their caregivers. I joined the 3MA and then the crap hit the fan here between the leaders and some of the members. Things got ugly and I wont go into it suffice to say good people got drove away. People this movement still needs so if they are still fighting through a different group I say THANK YOU.

I have seen way to much greed and fighting and it has to stop and stop NOW. Maybe it is the hippie in me coming out, but what happened to sitting on the grass shoulder to shoulder swaying to the music as we passed the joint. We don't have to agree on everything people and we all know this. So how about we all start looking in the same direction. There is only one group of people who will suffer in the end and we all know it is the patients. This fighting has me to the point of tears as I sit here typing these words. How can this movement go anywhere if we can not get together on the same page then at least how about in the same playbook.

I my thoughts on the CPU is they are a private group who do not have to share their information with the 3MA so thank you for sharing.

I know don't post much, but today is just a sad, sad day for me. I have been using cannabis since my mom wanted me put on Valiums because I was moody back in 74. I remember the brotherhood that existed back then between those of us who used back then. An invisible bond that pulled us all together from all walks of life. I remember going to parks around Grand Rapids with my friends and meet total strangers and spent the entire day with them eating their food and end up leaving friends. For me this brotherhood, sisterhood, this bond lasted right up to the time it was made legal for medical use.

When I decided to get involved I found and joined a compassion club that wanted to help patients. You bet they wanted to help patients, themselves right to the patients wallets. They want to run as many patients through their patient mill so they can sign them up to one of their caregivers. I joined the 3MA and then the crap hit the fan here between the leaders and some of the members. Things got ugly and I wont go into it suffice to say good people got drove away. People this movement still needs so if they are still fighting through a different group I say THANK YOU.

I have seen way to much greed and fighting and it has to stop and stop NOW. Maybe it is the hippie in me coming out, but what happened to sitting on the grass shoulder to shoulder swaying to the music as we passed the joint. We don't have to agree on everything people and we all know this. So how about we all start looking in the same direction. There is only one group of people who will suffer in the end and we all know it is the patients. This fighting has me to the point of tears as I sit here typing these words. How can this movement go anywhere if we can not get together on the same page then at least how about in the same playbook.

I my thoughts on the CPU is they are a private group who do not have to share their information with the 3MA so thank you for sharing.

I agree. They did share this info and I thank them.

I guess I don't understand a few things about CPU. First off you guys say you are a private club and you don't need to share any information with any of us. Which is fine if that is your stance. But at the same time you tell us that you guys are working in Lansing representing us "the patients" myself being one. Don't go to Lansing representing us if you feel you don't have to share any info with us. You guys act like you are the Freemasons or Skull & Bones or some secret society. If you guys have meetings with the MSP let them know you are only speaking for your own small group.

Second, I don't understand how you claim you are "neutral" on dispensaries but are for p2p transfers.

I believe that almost all the so-called "dispensaries" are operating by p2p transfers. Oh I get it, the word "dispensary" is a bad word. I guess you guys must be for the "Cooperatives" or the "Collectives" or maybe the "Private Clubs". I guess all those sound a little better then "Dispensary" huh.

And people wonder why the BACC is taking baby steps...I have long been of the opinion that this day would come, that the popo have just been sitting on information and that the hammer would eventually fall. There are many within my group that feel the same way, that we are much better off falling somewhat behind the curve, than being on the crest of the wave. Now we have the misfortune that has happened in Williamston. I certainly hope that everyone has their seatbelts tightly fastened, cuz this is going to turn into a hell of a bumpy ride shortly...Peace...j.b. p.s. Mike Cox? Nah, he'd never do anything so underhanded as to attempt to sway popular opinion...would he? If he wins then we can probably kiss this law, bye-bye...IMHO, he may not be able to sway the representatives to completely take away our rights, but he could gut the law so badly that it could become unuseable...watch this guy, he's a politico...

"She went on to say that the MSP and other police organizations are now actively investigating various dispensaries and it is highly likely these entities will be busted at some point down the road."

Mike Cox(sucker) attorney general and candidate for governor of michigan would never take political advantage by exploiting medical marijuana patients , caregivers, or this community by timing raids on medical marijuana dispensaries just before this Novembers elections. Am I right, or am I right?

Guest hayduke

Chi Guy,

I want to try and clarify things about CPU for you. You're reading too much into the statement.

We are not a private club. We are not a club at all. We a a private corporation exactly like MMMA and 3Med. No different. MMMA is not owned by it's participants. Neither is CPU. Each is controlled by a board of directors. Period.

We represent the patients and caregivers in our group the same way the MMMA does. Just like the MMMA has a right to meet with people in government privately, so does CPU, or 3Med or anyone else who can get the government entity to sit at the table with them.

We do not share anything with the Freemasons or Skull and Bones. That is just silly.

We met with the representitives of the MSP to clarify how the MSP views the Medical Marihuana Law. We formulated questions and asked the questions. From the meeting we all (CPU attendees) came away with an impression that 1.) the MSP said that "they", the MSP, considers Patient to Patient transfers (by anyone not your assigned caregiver) to be ILLEGAL. and 2.) they said (the MSP) that they consider dispensaries to be ILLEGAL.

CPU considered this information to be important to our entire community, of which we are a part (as is the MMMA), so we posted the information on a couple key forums we respect, of which this forum was one. We did not post this information with an attitude to feather our own cap. We posted it out of respect and with the knowledge the information may give one person a chance to avoid arrest if they had the information. No more no less.

The MSP did not weigh in directly on their view of Compassionate Care Centers. I am not assuming anything or drawing any conclusions beyond their literal words.

At the Lansing City Council there were distinctions drawn between Compassionate Care Centers and Dispensaries. You would have to pose your question to Prosecutor Dunning if you wish more clarity on the use of those respective terms. No doubt the gentleman who said he was the lobbyist of the MMMA at the Lansing meeting, Greg Stark, can give you more information. I would suggest you contact him for his view on the respective descriptions of compassionate care center et al.

Okay, you asked our group view on the same subjects. We have a very diverse group that does not have one lockstep opinion. We do not demand our participants all share every single opinion. It would be safe to say that, yes, we would like to see Patient to Patient transfers at least "tolerated" as one Prosecutor has stated. We think the case for that type of transaction could be suggested within the law. Of course we hold no sway over law enforcement in this regard. So we would not be prudent to say to you all, yeah, Patient to Patient is legal. Because it is a very large gray area, it would be foolish of us to tell you all to just go ahead and transfer. The Patient acquiring the medicine would be protected by the law. It is the Patient doing the transfer that may be subject to arrest.

As far as being neutral on the dispensary issue, we have people in our group that cover all sides of this issue. Some favor dispensaries or compassionate care centers, some oppose, and some just feel that battle is not part of our mission. Because of these varied positions we have decided to take no position at this time. None of this has anything to do with the semantics of the words "Dispensary" versus "Compassion Center". We have not weighed on on any of the stuff you suggest in your final paragraph. Maybe it is reasonable you draw those conclusions, but you are wrong. When we say neutral, that is exactly what we mean. It is not the issue we are concerned with.

We wish to stop patients and caregivers from being arrested. We wish for some more clarity on the law from the MSP, the County Prosecutors, and it would be nice to hear from our AG. All these wishes have to do with helping all patients, whether members of CPU or not. I may add that this is no different than what MMMA says and 3Med says. While we all have different ways to cross the river, no one is suggesting that their way is the only way to get across.

One final comment. You add a slur to the end, as though we have intentions to mislead you. Let me state again and try and be clear: CPU is neutral on dispenaries and compassionate care centers and private clubs. We understand that they are being defined slightly separately presently for legal reasons, but we did not begin using any of those phrases, and we have no axe to grind with any of those phrases. We do not believe cooperatives, collectives, or private clubs sound better than dispensaries. This is your suggestion, not our interpretation.

Archived