Heat Necassary?

heat needed or no?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. is heat needed for mmj to work

• Yes heat is required
    • No heat is not required

Heat is not required. In my opinion it ruins the medicinal properties.

Naturally decarbed buds or naturally decarbed oil is a much better experience. The THC effects last at least twice as long if not longer.

Here is how I naturally decarb my buds. http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/blog/532/entry-1151-naturally-decarbed-buds-flowers-alternative-to-decarbed-concentrates/

I can eat one joint worth of bud and have a 24 hour buzz.

Maybe so but who has 4 months to wait? And without any heat ever how do you know all the solvent is gone?

I am not in the mood for your s hit.

Solvent in buds? My buds don't have solvent.

As for the oil, I currently only use natural/organic - safe solvents.

Bummer you don't have the time to wait. Maybe think ahead and have some extra to bide the time. You know, plan ahead.

For those who don't have the time to wait, do what you have to do.

Seems like anyone who shares a good idea constantly gets kicked to the ground.... I think we have better things to do than pick apart good ideas.

The difference here is I am about sharing knowledge and experience. I get the impression you are only here to bicker, argue, and criticize because it was not your idea. Or, that is just how you enjoy entertaining yourself.

WHAT FRICKEN EVER!! Creep!

Edit: I got to thinking. Don't have 4 months to wait? How long does it take one to grow, harvest, and prepare buds? 

Must be in full support of dispensaries if one has no time to wait for medicine.... Very interesting analogy coming from Mr. Resto....

Edited by GrowGoddess

I am not in the mood for your s hit.

Solvent in buds? My buds don't have solvent.

As for the oil, I currently only use natural/organic - safe solvents.

Bummer you don't have the time to wait. Maybe think ahead and have some extra to bide the time. You know, plan ahead.

For those who don't have the time to wait, do what you have to do.

Seems like anyone who shares a good idea constantly gets kicked to the ground.... I think we have better things to do than pick apart good ideas.

The difference here is I am about sharing knowledge and experience. I get the impression you are only here to bicker, argue, and criticize because it was not your idea. Or, that is just how you enjoy entertaining yourself.

WHAT FRICKEN EVER!! Creep!

Have a great day! :yahoo-wave:

You are correct Norby, and the initial wait is a one time thing if planned correctly.

Consuming the meds much like a perpetual grow. If things continue to go well, I will not run out of ND oil or ND buds. Yes, it is a bit more work and effort in the preparedness, but is well worth it considering that for some, one joint worth of decarbed bud can provide a long medicated feeling. For me, a good 24 hours.

Wild Bill, you got it right too. Adjust the THC by mixing the decarbed buds with non decarbed buds to accommodate the specific needs.

Alas, to each their own. Different methods work for different people. If we don't share our ideas and experiences to help others learn of those methods, then what is the point? Do we not want patients to know of the other options? Of course we do! 

It is great trying out new methods. It has been a wonderful experience for me over the past 5 years, and I am sure many others too. If it were not for people sharing, I never would have thought there were more options beyond smoking joints.

I disagree for small batches.  It works really well for them.  I use a petri dish full of iso alcohol to clean my pollen shakers then pour it thru a filter into another petri dish and leave it open overnite and wammo, great smokeables for the next day.  Just take a razor and scraape it up for a day or 2 of medicating bliss.  Really keeps the terpenes and has a different flavor than even my oil I make at 140f and finish at 177 for a half hour.  Great easy stuff for ultra small batches.  Thanks for the tips.

I disagree for small batches.  It works really well for them.  I use a petri dish full of iso alcohol to clean my pollen shakers then pour it thru a filter into another petri dish and leave it open overnite and wammo, great smokeables for the next day.  Just take a razor and scraape it up for a day or 2 of medicating bliss.  Really keeps the terpenes and has a different flavor than even my oil I make at 140f and finish at 177 for a half hour.  Great easy stuff for ultra small batches.  Thanks for the tips.

Waste not want not!  I like the idea of reclaiming all the resin from my scissors and/or grinder. :thumbsu:

Heck, I remember the days of scraping on my dirty pipes for that nasty blackness.  :gym:

Edited by imiubu