Help!? No Medical Records; Help With Certification

hello, i suffer from a severe and chronic pain in my left knee. my symptoms are that of fibromyalgia. but don't have insurance so i never saw a doctor about my condition. though, i do have a history with insomnia, i was last prescribed ambien before my insurance was cut. since than i've became VERY turned off by pills, and man made medications, and am very interested in trying a natural cure to my pain/conditions. can anyone refer me to a compassionate doctor, who wouldn't NEED to see a history of pain in my knee? if so, please leave me with information.

hello, i suffer from a severe and chronic pain in my left knee. my symptoms are that of fibromyalgia. but don't have insurance so i never saw a doctor about my condition. though, i do have a history with insomnia, i was last prescribed ambien before my insurance was cut. since than i've became VERY turned off by pills, and man made medications, and am very interested in trying a natural cure to my pain/conditions. can anyone refer me to a compassionate doctor, who wouldn't NEED to see a history of pain in my knee? if so, please leave me with information.

Most doctors will want a history before you do any sort of pain regiment.

hello, can anyone refer me to a compassionate doctor, who wouldn't NEED to see a history of pain in my knee? if so, please leave me with information.

First of all , Welcome " xskywlkr " to MMMMA 2.0

As far as finding a compassion doctor that will

certify you w/out a pror history will be tough ...

There is'nt a Community Medical Center in your Area

that base their visits off your income ?

I use to go to a community clinic that charged like

$7.00 per visit ...

Just an ideal ? Hopefully you 'll find something ?

Maybe try going to your local Compassion Club and someone

will be able to help you more there ?

First of all , Welcome " xskywlkr " to MMMMA 2.0

As far as finding a compassion doctor that will

certify you w/out a pror history will be tough ...

There is'nt a Community Medical Center in your Area

that base their visits off your income ?

I use to go to a community clinic that charged like

$7.00 per visit ...

Just an ideal ? Hopefully you 'll find something ?

Maybe try going to your local Compassion Club and someone

will be able to help you more there ?

are you saying i could walk into a walk-in clinic;

tell them about my pain. than see an mmmj doctor and everything should be cool ?

please some elaborate.

Guest Marywanna

You must have your condition diagnosed,and meet the criteria set by the State. No,you can't just walk into a free clinic and hope they will document it for you. You need 3 years of medical records,thats what the law says. Hope this helps. MW

You must have your condition diagnosed,and meet the criteria set by the State. No,you can't just walk into a free clinic and hope they will document it for you. You need 3 years of medical records,thats what the law says. Hope this helps. MW

it doesn't help at all. didn't you read my first post? lol. i read on here about people obtaining medical cards w/o prior documentation from a dr. crocker, and a dr. ruth buck. how come none of this is being said. there is doctors out there doing this; i beleive. if i am wrong let me know. this is what i'm trying to find out.

nowhere in the law does it mention 3 yrs worth of medical records...........some mmj clinics require THAT(like THC-F clinic) in order to see you. they dont have to be 3 yrs total....just not OLDER than 3 yrs

nowhere in the law does it mention 3 yrs worth of medical records...........some mmj clinics require THAT(like THC-F clinic) in order to see you. they dont have to be 3 yrs total....just not OLDER than 3 yrs

you will need to goto a clinic for a few months documenting your pain, then see one of the mmj clinics with YOUR med record.

all you need to do is prove your CHRONIC pain.........peace wolf

This is not California, there are no short-cuts. To be certified in Michigan you must have a severe and chronic condition; that condition must have been diagnosed by a physician.

Your recommendation must be obtained from a qualified MD or OD. You must have an established relationship with this physician can then provide written certifications, in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship and after the physician has completed a full assessment of the qualifying patient's medical history.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-2943_52115---,00.html

Guest Medicinal Patient

it doesn't help at all. didn't you read my first post? lol. i read on here about people obtaining medical cards w/o prior documentation from a dr. crocker, and a dr. ruth buck. how come none of this is being said. there is doctors out there doing this; i beleive. if i am wrong let me know. this is what i'm trying to find out.

Maybe call and find out Dr Crockers policy? Not sure if Dr Ruth is allowed to practice right now?

Or maybe you can go into one of these walk in clinics and they can order you some xrays for your knee. If you go have this done and then go back to the clinic for a follow up with the same chief complaints that should be sufficient enough I would think. I have found Primarys here in Grand Rapids who will see patients without insurance while medicaid is pending. 2 visits and your golden. My Primary dragged her feet the entire 30day limit to hand over my medical records tho. Its going to take you a couple months to get 2 visits in. Maybe documentation from a med center or ER would be quicker seeings how you can go in whenever you want. Good Luck.

Please give us a call at Mid-Michigan's medical marijuana- 989-332-4881. Dr. Ruth Ann Buck is able to see patients, write certifications and we are seeing patients on a regular basis. We do things a bit differently. You will complete a full medical assessment and spend a good amount of time with Dr. Ruth. She is good and thorough. Many out there do not have insurance and don't have the records that some clinics are requiring. Because you will spend time with the doctor, the requirements for 3 years/multiple visits etc. are not necessarily required. We take patients on an individual basis. There is help for you. She is currently fighting a battle with the DEA and that issue does not impact her medical license. Hope to hear from you... Joey

are you saying i could walk into a walk-in clinic;

tell them about my pain. than see an mmmj doctor and everything should be cool ?

please some elaborate.

That was kinda my point... Going to the clinic and

getting your condition on record , 3 or 4 visits .

Then go see a Compassion doctor ...

You do NOT need 3 years of records ...

Yes it surely looks better if you had 3 years ...

i had over 8 years , w/ proff of the past 4 years

taking 180 lortabs every 27 days ...

It looks like your getting alot of good suggestions ...

Please do yourself a favor and start attenting some

local Compassion Meetings and get yourself a Support Team...

• 5 weeks later...

Please give us a call at Mid-Michigan's medical marijuana- 989-332-4881. Dr. Ruth Ann Buck is able to see patients, write certifications and we are seeing patients on a regular basis. We do things a bit differently. You will complete a full medical assessment and spend a good amount of time with Dr. Ruth. She is good and thorough. Many out there do not have insurance and don't have the records that some clinics are requiring. Because you will spend time with the doctor, the requirements for 3 years/multiple visits etc. are not necessarily required. We take patients on an individual basis. There is help for you. She is currently fighting a battle with the DEA and that issue does not impact her medical license. Hope to hear from you... Joey

If Dr. Buck is an MD or DO this is by far the best advice you are going to get!

This is not California, there is no short-cuts. To be certified in Michigan you must have a severe and chronic condition; that condition must have been diagnosed by a physician.

Your recommendation must be obtained from a qualified MD or OD. You must have an established relationship with this physician can provide written certifications, in the course of a bona fide physician-patient relationship and after the physician has completed a full assessment of the qualifying patient's medical history.

http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,7-132-2943_52115---,00.html

MS Chocolate.....Well, Well Said :thumbsu::goodjob:

Archived