California To Michigan Reciprocity

commonsense

I'm a medical marijuana patient with a doctor's recommendation currently residing in California. I haven't gotten a registry medical marijuana card as the dispensaries I've been to haven't required them, only the doctor's recommendation. My recommendation is written for insomnia, depression, and anxiety. None of these conditions are currently recognized for Michigan residents seeking medical marijuana. I intend to spend time in Michigan this summer and am wondering whether my California recommendation will allow me to purchase my medicine in Michigan from a certified caregiver.

Thanks for your time!

dude, go get your card-----------i've had three california and one washington customer this month. one paitent from

cali only had paperwork, i had to call friends out there to find out how they dealt with that. as it turned out he had

the right stamp or seal down in the corner so he left with a smile. but dude--get your card and save everyone the hassle.

tucker---gettin it done

dude, go get your card-----------i've had three california and one washington customer this month. one paitent from

cali only had paperwork, i had to call friends out there to find out how they dealt with that. as it turned out he had

the right stamp or seal down in the corner so he left with a smile. but dude--get your card and save everyone the hassle.

tucker---gettin it done

Seriously....just contact a local P/CG on this site and don't bother getting ripped off by paying DISPENSARY PRICES>>! Support a CG who actually contributes to growing good meds. Not Greed Mongers.!! Then there is going to be some jack that rips what I just said and to thaT I say reaqd the law P2p IS LEGAL...!!!!!!

I'm a medical marijuana patient with a doctor's recommendation currently residing in California. I haven't gotten a registry medical marijuana card as the dispensaries I've been to haven't required them, only the doctor's recommendation. My recommendation is written for insomnia, depression, and anxiety. None of these conditions are currently recognized for Michigan residents seeking medical marijuana. I intend to spend time in Michigan this summer and am wondering whether my California recommendation will allow me to purchase my medicine in Michigan from a certified caregiver.

Thanks for your time!

If you're only going to be in Michigan for a few months, there is no point in attempting to get a Michigan card. It will set you back at least $300, and like you said, your conditions aren't recognized here anyway. Your Cali card is valid here, BUT you may not find everybody willing to accept it. This includes caregivers, cops, dispensaries, etc. If you're willing to spend a little time, however, you will find plenty of people will honor it. I speak from experience, as I've used my Cali card since last October because I'm still waiting on the state to issue my Michigan card.

If you're only going to be in Michigan for a few months, there is no point in attempting to get a Michigan card. It will set you back at least $300, and like you said, your conditions aren't recognized here anyway. Your Cali card is valid here, BUT you may not find everybody willing to accept it. This includes caregivers, cops, dispensaries, etc. If you're willing to spend a little time, however, you will find plenty of people will honor it. I speak from experience, as I've used my Cali card since last October because I'm still waiting on the state to issue my Michigan card.

Thanks everyone for the responses! Basically I just needed to know if 1) caregivers will sell to me and 2) if it's legal. I can always go to the street for my medicine, but that's the last thing I want to do coming from California dispensaries. I'm spoiled with quality, reliable, and consistent legal medicine here. I have no interest in seeking out a caregiver who I've never met from the internet if there's a gray area surrounding the legality. I just want to be doing things as legitimately as possible. Thanks for your time!

Get to a Public Compassion Club Meeting when you get to Michigan, there you will find the nicest people around and they will either be able to help or show you where the help is for sure, and just like DLOVAS said stay away from the dispensarties as they are a lot higher in price not selection as the members of most compassion clubs have many strains available to them even if they dont grow all the strains.

We are a community, we help each other, teach, learn and support each other, we are all here to help, some know this already alot are learning and other well they could care less as long as they get theirs.

Any direct questions please feel free to email one of us, thats why we are all here:)thumbsu.gif

I thought the only cards that were good here are Montana and Rhode Island and vise versa our cards are good there. I am not certain that Cali cards are "valid" here per the law, and I certainly wouldnt dispense meds to someone with PAPERWORK from another state.

Why on earth would people post information they dont have 100% knowledge of beats me. Many people need to read the law, then re-read it again a few times before they answer questions on here, you could get someone in trouble over your wrong answers.

in summation, it sounds like CYA (cover your arse) and bring your CA card. Many dispensaries may honor it, some won't. More Compassion clubs will honor it than not. And almost no Law enforcement here will honor it. (they barely honor Michigan cards!) So watch yourself on the roads! What county will you be in? That may have some bearing here on how Johnny Law will regard you as well.

Guest thequietone

I thought the only cards that were good here are Montana and Rhode Island and vise versa our cards are good there. I am not certain that Cali cards are "valid" here per the law, and I certainly wouldnt dispense meds to someone with PAPERWORK from another state.

Why on earth would people post information they dont have 100% knowledge of beats me. Many people need to read the law, then re-read it again a few times before they answer questions on here, you could get someone in trouble over your wrong answers.

The MMMA, Section 333.2642, sec. 4 paragraph J states,

(j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department.

Cali cards are good here so all you need to do is find a source to acquire meds at.

The MMMA, Section 333.2642, sec. 4 paragraph J states,

(j) A registry identification card, or its equivalent, that is issued under the laws of another state, district, territory, commonwealth, or insular possession of the United States that allows the medical use of marihuana by a visiting qualifying patient, or to allow a person to assist with a visiting qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana, shall have the same force and effect as a registry identification card issued by the department.

Cali cards are good here so all you need to do is find a source to acquire meds at.

Your incorrect sir,

The aforementioned information you posted means that in states where MICHIGAN cards are accepted that in turn MICHIGAN will accept that states card. MICHIGAN cards are NOT accepted in CALIFORNIA. There may be a few dispensaries out there that MIGHT allow it but its still not legal as per written in the law. (yet)

From what I have found since our law passed, it might be different now, but only MONTANA and RHODE ISLAND will accept our cards so MONTANA and RHODE ISLAND cards are good here, as per written in the law and our cards will work in their dispensaries.

• 3 years later...

Straight from the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act:

hartford.jpg

A subject that really startles me is that of Eugenics, was this part of your pun?

"Precipitating factors and processes

In Connecticut in the early 19th century, “enlightenment humanism, republic civic concern, and religious enthusiasm” spread the idea that asylums were an effective way to improve the behavior of mentally and physically challenged individuals. This idea led to the creation of the American School for the Deaf in 1817 and the Retreat for the Insane in 1824 in Hartford, and the Hospital for the Insane at Middletown in 1868 (known today as the Middletown State Hospital). Mass institutionalization was a phenomenon that predated the American eugenics movement and precipitated the transition from segregation to sterilization policies. In 1868, in response to overcrowding at the private Hartford Retreat for the Insane, the state of Connecticut established the larger Middletown Hospital for the Insane. Developing social conceptions of racial, moral, and eugenical purity in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries broadened the criteria for which patients were referred to the state's first public institution, including "insane immigrants, long-lived lunatics, crazed alcoholics, the senile, and almshouse denizens" (Goodheart, 2010, p. 127) among the "insane". Due to a substantially increasing patient population (over 2000 patients had been committed by 1900 (Goodheart, 2010, p. 109), this institution, among others in Connecticut and other states, experienced a transition from patient care ideals of nurture and improvement to "custodianship" of the masses. On a related note and as a consequence of this transition, however, patients in these facilities did not produce the expected results after taking part in various levels of education, and connections between diseases in different generations in families were made (Goodheart, 2004, p. 93, 96). In the late 1800s, concerns about the dangers of the “feeble-minded” class were voiced in the context of mass immigration, urbanization, and labor unrest, combined with an economic depression in 1893 (Goodheart, 2004, p. 105). Numerous laws were passed at this time to separate the pure native stock from the "tainted immigrant", and included the quarantine of ships and regulation of vaccinations (Caron, p. 36).  "

Strangely these places, throughout the US enjoyed there most popularity AFTER WWII.