Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

med_gallery_13801_60_16555.gif

the "help thread" has been a big hit for a lot of people, and thats super cool, but its time to grow and add as the MMMA grows and adds too. my next addition to the site will be a journal on my Moby Dick/White Widow cross. i have taken this particular strain way more into the breeding phases, but i did save a cut from way back in the beginning, have been growing it ever since, and i am running it now for everyone to watch. this is a clone only strain. it will be available soon. don't ask :) i will let you know when/how when the time comes if you are interested, and yes it will be free. anyways, our end product will look pretty darn close to this:

med_gallery_13801_60_147606.jpg

gallery_13801_60_7559.jpg

and we are going to be there in less than 90 days so strap in........... we have some work to do.

so sorry that i missed taking pics for the first few days. i clone in rockwool, and my "day 1" is the first day i see roots pop out the sides. day 1 they get planted into a bubblebucket and the fun begins. from day 1 through day 8, all i have done with the plant itself is cut off the "clone leaves" back on day 5 or 6 that were of course old, nasty, and yellow. the first 8 days weren't very exciting, and i didn't do anything too incredible, so lets look at days 9 through 16. as you can see in the pics, on day 9 the plant is really just getting ready to grow. it has established a good root base, grown a few nodes and a few leaves, and is now ready to really suck up some light and nutes and put on a show for us..........

day 9

med_gallery_13801_60_411742.jpg

day10

med_gallery_13801_60_578982.jpg

day 11

med_gallery_13801_60_117827.jpg

day 12

med_gallery_13801_60_1174708.jpg

day 13

med_gallery_13801_60_76156.jpg

day 14

med_gallery_13801_60_488579.jpg

day 15

med_gallery_13801_60_790255.jpg

day 16 clone/clean day

med_gallery_13801_60_412205.jpg

well, 16 days ago, this was a fresh cutting...... and today, it's going to get cleaned up a little bit, and she will be giving us two more clones as well. as you can see in the picture, the lowest set of "cloneable" branches never really made it. they became overshadowed so fast because of the super-rapid growth of the rest of the plant :) and thats not a bad thing. these branches are too short/thin/squirly to take as clones, and they are WAY too low on the plant to ever produce anything.......... so, into the trash they go. the set of branches next highest on the main stem are perfect as you can see. very thick and sturdy. and at 6-8 inches each......... they are just screaming to become their own plant :)

med_gallery_13801_60_1285694.jpg

so the first set of branches got trimmed and trashed, and the second set are in rockwool as clones. as you can see here, there is nothing left on the stem down below. now the "new" very first set of branches are big, sturdy, and have already grown out and up enough to actually become "part of the plant" and not just some unsightly underbrush. even these branches will probably be cut off soon, but for now they are collecting light for us and thats a good thing so they stay.

med_gallery_13801_60_1647103.jpg

ok, we are up-to-date on the plant itself, so now let's run down what i am using here. i am making this grow very VERY simple and very very cheap. it's going to be the "poster grow" for a low-income patient who wants to learn how to supply themself. we can get more advanced in the help thread (see link in my signature), but lets try to keep it simple for the newer growers in here. i am using a 2-plant bubbletote and the "Lucas Method" of nutrients.

$30 bubbletote DIY build

the lucas method of nutrients is towards the bottom of the page found here:

she is under a 400watt econo remote MH lamp. with an econo batwing reflector. i kind of pieced mine together, but you can pick up the exact same kit on the net for $100.

generic link to a $100 metal halide set-up

i am using reverse osmosis water, and my veg room is kept at 80-85 degrees with 60-70% humidity.

in a normal "sea of green" or a "perpetual" type grow, this plant is pretty much ready for flowering. maybe just a few more days. she is just a touch over 16 inches tall and this particular strain would produce about 1.5 - 2 ounces if flowered right now.

but this is the bubblegrowers veg room, and we don't play nice around here :)

haha.... nah, for the purpose of the journal, and because i really do wish to share some clones, and i need a few more for myself too, i am going to let her veg for another couple weeks before flipping the lights on her.

i am sure i missed some things........ or maybe i missed them on purpose so you guys could ask?? we'll never know....... either way, my little make-shift veg room for this plant/journal is now open for questioning :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good chance here to highlight the importance of choosing the "right" cut to use for a clone.

the plant on the left is the one we are following in the journal, and the plant on the right is the exact same age. i cut them within 10 minutes of each other. they are slightly different in strain, but have many of the same traits. the major difference in growth is not due to anything else besides the fact that the plant on the left had a much thicker/stronger stem when it was originally cut off the "mother". good cut = good/fast growth.

med_gallery_13801_60_468228.jpg

yup........ its all laid out on page one in the first post :)

It is looking sweet dude! what beautiful color! man they are healthy looking, You are the king, Id like to be your neigbor/friend and maybe get some of that so called swag :thumbsu:

ok check this out, I have a poopy cam so not real good pics but this is 2 days after the first pic I showed you, I dont even want to tell you the food im giving them, You will laugh! Plus you already know I tinkle on the dirt regularly! lol, its been raining like all hell, they got enough h2o for the yr in the last week and a half,,glad i drilled a zillion holes in the bottom ;)

as you know these are from seed, planted on may 30, no germination, seeds put rite in dirt, pissed on, gave em some beer, and transplanted 5 of them that were already rooted together,(thought i killed them, I tried to get them apart but couldn,t I bet the roots are almost to the bottom of drum) I beleive these lil babys are why they call it weed! :D (date is wrong on cam, not my cam)

Peace

Free The Weed!

Jim

http://i83.photobuck...ow/HPIM1960.jpg

It is looking sweet dude! what beautiful color! man they are healthy looking, You are the king, Id like to be your neigbor/friend and maybe get some of that so called swag :thumbsu:

ok check this out, I have a poopy cam so not real good pics but this is 2 days after the first pic I showed you, I dont even want to tell you the food im giving them, You will laugh! Plus you already know I tinkle on the dirt regularly! lol, its been raining like all hell, they got enough h2o for the yr in the last week and a half,,glad i drilled a zillion holes in the bottom ;)

as you know these are from seed, planted on may 30, no germination, seeds put rite in dirt, pissed on, gave em some beer, and transplanted 5 of them that were already rooted together,(thought i killed them, I tried to get them apart but couldn,t I bet the roots are almost to the bottom of drum) I beleive these lil babys are why they call it weed! :D (date is wrong on cam, not my cam)

Peace

Free The Weed!

Jim

http://i83.photobuck...ow/HPIM1960.jpg

Dude if you use urine as fertilizer make sure you dilute it. You can burn them by peeing directly onto them.

Archived