Bubblegrower's Perpetual "Budget Grow" Journal

Grow Thread

Thanks BG I'll be building my grow cabinet accordingly. ;)

im always here if you need help measuring things out!!

I'm gonna call for a moment of silence. For all of you who have been doing this for a while, I think you'll understand. If your just starting out, then maybe you can learn from this. To BubbleGrower... you are my hero, man! I have learned SO MUCH from what you've done and what you share with us.

Woody, that's the plant in the thumbnail below, was my best effort. I had to start out on the cheap, so a hand full of seeds from a generous grower seemed like a good idea. I learned from BG how to do this without spending a fortune, and Woody sprouted and grew and grew and just kept on growing. I had to make some adjustments, and wait for money to loosen up so that I could get the right hardware, but Woody just kept on growing. Along the way I learned a lot about this "growing your own" stuff. I put Woody in bloom 8 days ago, and the way the plant took off with the new lights and the new nutes was really cool. I suspected it at about day five or six, but there's no doubt about it now. She grew balls! What a heartbreaker. I'm gonna start taking Woody down at about ten o'clock. With the green light on. I gotta respect the ladies in the room, and hope that I removed him early enough.

So, you've got a few minutes before ten o'clock. Make some preparations and share this moment with me. I kleened up the Fiskars. I'm gonna roll up a fatty and start snipping. He was a good friend, and he taught me a lot. You get what you start with. Here's hoping that he's the last male I see.

Toad

:(

oh man, i have been in real bad shape myself and im sorry that missed the ceremony.

if i could??..... please?? and i offer my condolences and best wishes on your newfound talent of bubblegrowing to make GREAT FEMALES!!

i am using the bb and they are working great.i noticed the roots in the 2 tote grow together into a big square shape and i cant get the plant out to put in its own bucket.how can i fix this now/in the future i am going to use single buckets but is there a way to do it with the 2 tote

you can, you are just timid about it :)

thats ok. grab each one by the roots at the base of the net pot (with super clean hands) and tear them apart.

it will sound/feel like things are tearing apart, but really, it just takes a little force to separate the two root systems if the have been in the same tote for awhile.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BG I know you're the king of high yields, what would you suggest for a 10x10 flower room? Right now I have 3 1000w (2 Hortilux HPS/MH Durl Arc, and 1 Hortilux MH) I want to get another 1000w HPS Blue in there within the next two weeks, besides that would you reccomend any other wattage or do you think 4000w is enough for 10x10 room 8x8 foot print of totes.

Thanks a lot-

MMC

is there a good orgainc fertilizer recipe for the bubble buckets i am using the lucas method right now

med_gallery_13801_60_5403.jpg

BG I know you're the king of high yields, what would you suggest for a 10x10 flower room? Right now I have 3 1000w (2 Hortilux HPS/MH Durl Arc, and 1 Hortilux MH) I want to get another 1000w HPS Blue in there within the next two weeks, besides that would you reccomend any other wattage or do you think 4000w is enough for 10x10 room 8x8 foot print of totes.

Thanks a lot-

MMC

4-1000's sounds perfect in there.

i try to stay right about 25sqft per 1k lamp..... you have 100sqft.

looks like perfect math to me :)

Good Morning Michigan Growers! :thumbsu:

Did that work? I'm trying to cheer myself up. Got a look at my NYDiesel this morning and it looks to me like she's making beans. darn! Almost three months into this, and I'm thinking of taking them all down, sterilizing everything, and getting some reliable stock. There's a lesson to be learned here, and I learned it the hard way. :notfair: You can probably grow good stock under less than ideal conditions and still have reasonable success. But if you grow questionable stock under really good conditions, you are wasting a lot of time and money and energy! I'm gonna kick myself in the azz and get some good clones. If you're starting out, don't make the same mistakes that I did.

I guess this is all part of the learning curve, eh?

Toad

Did that work? I'm trying to cheer myself up. Got a look at my NYDiesel this morning and it looks to me like she's making beans. darn! Almost three months into this, and I'm thinking of taking them all down, sterilizing everything, and getting some reliable stock. There's a lesson to be learned here, and I learned it the hard way. :notfair: You can probably grow good stock under less than ideal conditions and still have reasonable success. But if you grow questionable stock under really good conditions, you are wasting a lot of time and money and energy! I'm gonna kick myself in the azz and get some good clones. If you're starting out, don't make the same mistakes that I did.

Toad

2 +reps for you toad.

yup, its tough starting out sometimes. seems like either ya spend a milli on beans and then mess up the grow and kill them, or your grow works out perfect and you have probs because you started with no-so-great genetics :)

one thing is certain though......... no turning back now :) looks like you have many happy harvest ahead of you!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

speaking of happy harvests :)

the blubonic is starting to push each other around in there so its time to get them separated 2/tote. tomorrow i hope.

med_gallery_13801_60_1224274.jpg

med_gallery_13801_60_1633083.jpg??t=47757880

and all 3 roadrunner's are looking dandy today too:

med_gallery_13801_60_713153.jpg?t=68821108

Toad

the learning curve..LOL

i broke it cuz i bent it to far...

i have loads of beans in my last run, but thanks to you guys i am figuring out why...

this time it was questionable heat difference between cycles..

FRIGGIN FRAK

right....

oh what do you mean i have to worry about them girls even while they r sleeping LOL

on the up side...

eat them seeds...

they taste great and are wonderful on a salad raw...or cooked, very high in omega 3 and fatty oils...

yummy

the pleasure still way outweights the stress of growing by a factor of at least 7 so i am good and stable with my joy...

Peace...

and plant them beans jack!

they really r magical...

Female calix? Little beans sprouting in my buds, sprouting little white hairs? Is it possible that I don't know enough about this yet? That's for darn sure! I'm not going to cut her down yet. Wish me luck.

Is this bud packing?

how far along are you again?

tough without pics, but its going to be one of two things probably.

more than likely it is nothing. many calyx get HUGE and grow a white hair or two off the end. they look like they are big and fat and there is a seed in there, but there really isnt.

i dont have any good close-up pics that i can think of to show, but you get the picture.

the other possibility is that your plant really is "selfing". basically making a few beans to keep the lineage alive. more often that not, you will harvest before these last-ditch-effort beans become fully mature, but there will only be a couple/few of them anyways. if it is this, it doenst mean that you have a hermie or a problem plant..... this is totally normal in some strains.

yeah, to be honest, i gotta thank mightymightymezz for this deal.

about a month ago, 3am on a sunday morning, we were both awake, in pain., and blowing time in the chatroom.

we got to talking, and it was on :)

i ordered these and the day they came (5 days later) i ordered the blueberry beans to complete my blue collection :)

yeah, to be honest, i gotta thank mightymightymezz for this deal.

about a month ago, 3am on a sunday morning, we were both awake, in pain., and blowing time in the chatroom.

we got to talking, and it was on :)

i ordered these and the day they came (5 days later) i ordered the blueberry beans to complete my blue collection :)

"Tangled up in blue" are you, eh?

Archived