Pain Pill Reductions With Mmj

I would like to get some idea of the percentage of Pain Pill Reductions amongst our MMJ users here-like is the average 25%, or 50% or ? I know that if we can get more stats SHOWING that MMJ is in fact saving the Health System money, we can help to further the acceptance of MMJ in a BIG way!!

So if you are taking MMJ for Pain Reduction, please list the number and dosage per day of the specific pain-directed meds you took/take pre and post your utilization of MMJ.I promise to calculate the results daily if there is enough interest in this issue.

Was taking 4 Vicoden 750's per day, 2 naproxen, 1 lotensin, 1 zocor, 1 other something I forgot the name to coat my stomach from all the other pills, 1 flow max, and all of these prescriptions have been reduced by 100%! I don't think this is the kind of info. that oue FDA and the big pharmacutical companies like to hear, but too badd!!

Free the weed!!!!!

:sword:

I have only been using OTC crap to (not-so)-manage pain for the last few years. My doctor offered to put me on Vicodin, and i refused. He also had me try Flexoril. I CANNOT stay awake, let alone do the mentally difficult work i do while on that junk. I refuse to take Vicodin and other opiate derivatives to manage pain. I watched my ex-wife become addicted to them. She was taking a dozen Vicodin A DAY when her habit was at its worst. I watched as she spent 30 days in Chelsea hospital-headache clinic; 15 days of which were just getting over the withdrawal from Vicodin. There were days i would come home from work, and my beautiful, wonderful 3 year old was quietly playing by herself, as her mother was passed out on the couch from all the Vicodin and Xanax.

At the end of the month i look forward to being able to manage my pain again with Cannabis legally. It is important to me to not jeopardize my family's well-being, so i am not using any cannabis until i am legal. But i look forward to not having to sacrifice my well-being for theirs. I know this isn't quite the answer you were looking for. But i think anecdotal evidence like this is still worthwhile in certain formats.

Right on... my kids come first also.

I have only been using OTC crap to (not-so)-manage pain for the last few years. My doctor offered to put me on Vicodin, and i refused. He also had me try Flexoril. I CANNOT stay awake, let alone do the mentally difficult work i do while on that junk. I refuse to take Vicodin and other opiate derivatives to manage pain. I watched my ex-wife become addicted to them. She was taking a dozen Vicodin A DAY when her habit was at its worst. I watched as she spent 30 days in Chelsea hospital-headache clinic; 15 days of which were just getting over the withdrawal from Vicodin. There were days i would come home from work, and my beautiful, wonderful 3 year old was quietly playing by herself, as her mother was passed out on the couch from all the Vicodin and Xanax.

At the end of the month i look forward to being able to manage my pain again with Cannabis legally. It is important to me to not jeopardize my family's well-being, so i am not using any cannabis until i am legal. But i look forward to not having to sacrifice my well-being for theirs. I know this isn't quite the answer you were looking for. But i think anecdotal evidence like this is still worthwhile in certain formats.

I don't remember much of January after my accident. I was on 750mg of Vicodin every 4 hours, plus a couple of Flexiril per day. Ibuprofen was added to the mix as well. I couldn't get anything done, had very little short term memory, and eventually the Flexiril started messing with my eyesight. Friends were growing concerned and advising me to be careful with the Vicodin.

In February I knew I needed to do something to change the path I was on. I began weening myself off the Flexiril and cut back on the Vicodin, and increased my Ibuprofen intake to try and deal with the pain. I got off the Flexiril, and cut my Vicodin usage in half.

In March a concerned friend provided me with some MMJ. I noticed a pleasant decrease in how my pain was affecting me. So I cut back on both my Vicodin and Ibuprofen use. By April I was down to 375 mg of Vicodin 2-3 times a day. I also cut back my Ibuprofen usage.

This progress continued until present day. I haven't taken a Vicodin in days. I take 3-4 Ibuprofen or Tylenol in the morn. I medicate with MMJ 3-4 times a day. I'm walking 1.5 - 2.25 miles per day now, whereas before I could hardly get out of bed.

Unless I do something stupid, or have an accident, this is how my life is these days. If I have a mishap, then I might grab 375mg of Vicodin to get the pain under control, but I no longer regularly dose with this addictive drug.

MMJ has made my life a lot more normal, and keeps me from having to take addictive drugs to get relief.

Terrapn Flyer:

It sounds like you were in a bad motor vehicle accident and sustained a concussion plus many other injuries !!!!

I am most impressed with your ability to get off the Flexeril and Vicodin-both can be considered 100% reductions ! That is amazing and very powerful testimony of what MMJ can do for someone who is motivated to get his life back !!

I thank you for your info and hope you will keep us appraised re your status. Is your MD aware of your success ???

• 2 weeks later...

I was on 6-8 7.5 Vicodin a day, hazy all day, foull mood and extremely addicted, My DR . Gave me methadone which almost lilled me literally, due to a conflict with my heart meds, which he forgot about. Almost no withdrawal using mmj and it is keeping my pain at ok levels.

I am a HepC patient, so my doctors advised me that I could not take any of the prescription drugs to control my pain. nor any of the OTC's. I was told to "learn to live with the pain". I did, but I was an illegal drug user (cannabis) for years prior to the inception of this law. So, my drug (?) intake has not decreased, I still smoke a gram or so of fine cannabis daily and live nearly pain free. Peace...j.b.

JutzBudz:

MANY thanks for your response and info. Can you tell me how high your pain would go before you took the MMJ and how high it goes now that you do the MMJ.

Many thanks, jinx

I am a HepC patient, so my doctors advised me that I could not take any of the prescription drugs to control my pain. nor any of the OTC's. I was told to "learn to live with the pain". I did, but I was an illegal drug user (cannabis) for years prior to the inception of this law. So, my drug (?) intake has not decreased, I still smoke a gram or so of fine cannabis daily and live nearly pain free. Peace...j.b.

I was on 6-8 7.5 Vicodin a day, hazy all day, foull mood and extremely addicted, My DR . Gave me methadone which almost lilled me literally, due to a conflict with my heart meds, which he forgot about. Almost no withdrawal using mmj and it is keeping my pain at ok levels.

[/quote

Billmelater: How high would your pain level go when you were on the Vicodin and the Methadone ? And how high does it go now that you are on MMJ ?

Many thanks,

jinx

with me i was taking 4 vicodin a day and washing it down with a few beers,very very bad folks,now i've lost my taste for beer and take maybe one or two vicodin a day...way better for me..and feeling better...i skip the morning pill for MMJ and it takes my pain from a 6 to a 3,which is enought for me to start my day out..zb

I had been taking 15mg of Dilaudid daily for my Rheumatoid Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) for about 7 years. *(AS is an inflammatory condition of the spinal joints causing severe pain and loss of range of motion). Upon receiving my Doctor recommendation, within 3 months I took that 15 mg/daily down to 6 mg daily. My pain Doc (neurologist) tells me that is probably the lowest dose which will provide relief. This was through a combination of inhaling, medibles and tinctures.

I had been taking 15mg of Dilaudid daily for my Rheumatoid Arthritis and Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) for about 7 years. *(AS is an inflammatory condition of the spinal joints causing severe pain and loss of range of motion). Upon receiving my Doctor recommendation, within 3 months I took that 15 mg/daily down to 6 mg daily. My pain Doc (neurologist) tells me that is probably the lowest dose which will provide relief. This was through a combination of inhaling, medibles and tinctures.

Hi BArndog: That is fantastic !!!!I will put you down as a 60% reduction ! Did Dilaudid cause any constipation at the 15mg rate...and has that improved by going to the 6 ?

Do you treat yourself at such a level as to yield a "High" or do you just take enough to take the edge off of the pain ? I would appreciate hearing how you experience pain changes when you medicate on the MMJ.

Many thanks.

hey barndog,,im not sure how to post so im useing your area hope you dont mind.anywho got the same rheumatoid arthritis and a few other things going on,

i have been on pain meds for three years at one point was taking 12 to 14 pills a day mostly perks 10/325 for those who don't know perks are pretty strong but

after a while you just get use to them.i am now down to 6 a day and i can't tell you how much better i feel..im going to take it down more but it takes time because

these things really hurt to come off of...so iv'e cut in half using mmj..ps..i have learned so much from this site and u guys and girls are great..peace to all

Hi BArndog: That is fantastic !!!!I will put you down as a 60% reduction ! Did Dilaudid cause any constipation at the 15mg rate...and has that improved by going to the 6 ?

Do you treat yourself at such a level as to yield a "High" or do you just take enough to take the edge off of the pain ? I would appreciate hearing how you experience pain changes when you medicate on the MMJ.

Many thanks.

Um .. Doc .. I think we should talk.

Our AS patient has been able to stay away from Remacaid treatments for about eight months now.

I believe we've been able to halt the progression of several major internal cancers, including two cases of brain tumors.

four or 5 cases of skin cancer totally going away. And that includes the ED of the MMMA, blueberry.

Crohn's? in some cases we turn it off like a light switch by a topical application.

How many would you like to visit with? I have a good sized batch of raw data.

Guest Marywanna

Stay off the TNF drugs. They don't help the AS or the RA. Methotrexate works much better and is cheaper. But it does have some nasty side effects. Humira made me feel like crap,and the Remicade infusions just made me puke my guts out.I have IBD too,and neither drug helped me.I would drink a gallon of that oil if I could get it. PB,please make me one of your test pts. Dr Bob knows me and my medical history. MW