Legal Grow Space

violetemma

I just recently became legal as a patient and my own caregiver. My house doesn't have a basement or other area where I could grow. A friend who is also a patient and caregiver offered me a room in his basement. Just wondering if this is legal to do. he would have to go through my room to get to his locked door. I don't want to risk anything without knowing I am doing everything correctly. Please give me some input.

"he would have to go through my room to get to his locked door"

Hmm, not sure what this means. "Enclosed locked facility" does not absolutely require nobody else can have access to the room but I suppose a court could interpret it that way.

Is the friend going to have 12 plants going in his house also (so that makes 24 for the house?).

This would be just peachy if your friend is listed as your caregiver. I cannot absolutely tell you this is OK if he is not though as a practical matter it probably is. How are the police going to figure out this whole who has access to what thing- and why would they really care? You have two locked enclosed facilities each with (up to!) 12 plants. I don't see a problem.

to clarify, he has to unlock my door to walk to his locked door that opens into his own space which is for himself and other patients. I myself only want to grow for myself and no one else. But I didn't see any written rule saying this couldn't happen. I didn't know since he is the homeowner that for safety purposes he needed a key to my room even if it was set up differently. I have called and left messages with the MMP but never receive any replies. I really want to get started but have no way to know if this is legal or not.

333.26423 Definitions.

3. Definitions. Sec. 3. As used in this act:

(a) "Debilitating medical condition" means 1 or more of the following:

(1) Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail patella, or the treatment of these conditions.

(2) A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its treatment that produces 1 or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe and chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis.

(3) Any other medical condition or its treatment approved by the department, as provided for in section 5(a).

(b) "Department" means the state department of community health.

© "Enclosed, locked facility" means a closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient.

-------------- my personal interpretation is the grow room must be locked. period. if you have a locked room inside a locked room or whatever so-be-it. as long as the room is locked.

as far as him entering your room/you entering his or whatnot, i dont see anywhere that it states whose patient or what caregiver may enter what room or any such thing. looks like any registered patient or c.g. is allowed in ANY locked facility if you look at the ACTUAL wording.

you are safe IMO. plant away!! :)

next spring just do what i do! Free legal Hill billy grow!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/Phaquetoo_pics/hillbilly%20legal%20free%20grow/IMG00105-20100705-1954.jpg

FTW

Peace

Jim

Man Oh Man " phaquetoo "

I'm So worried about your grow operation ?

I do not see NO Locks on that ?

© "Enclosed, locked facility" means a closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient.

But as i know this is not your first Rodeo ...

Be Careful Budd

Man Oh Man " phaquetoo "

I'm So worried about your grow operation ?

I do not see NO Locks on that ?

But as i know this is not your first Rodeo ...

Be Careful Budd

look a lil closer there is a lock, and hey my girls feet are not in the pic lol!

http://i83.photobuck...100621-2045.jpg

Archived