Removing Sun Leaves During Flower... Opinion?

vender

At first glance, that appears to be heat stress or light burn. However, if more of the plant is exhibiting the same symptoms it could be a deficiency. I would say it's either Calcium or Phosphorus.

More than likely it would appear to be caused by either a pH swing or too frequent watering.

However this is just an educated guess. I would need a lot more intel on setup and cultivation method, some more photos, and an outline of your feeding amounts and schedule to properly diagnose a plant over the internet.

I hope this website will be of some help to you - *broken link removed*

Ph is always 5.7 and the nutes are Humbolt. I follow humbolts feeding schedule. Watering took over a year to get it dialed in. I think your first guess is right. To much light. I stepped up to a 600w HPS from 400. I have to top of the plant about 15 inches from the light. To close? Do you think it could be from the removal of the leaves? Some of the tops are definitely being burnt thats why I was asking about making them shorter, Thanks for the help. Oh ya the whole plant is looking like that. I have been using cal/mag in the res and spraying them at night.

It's so hard to say with that HPS orange on your camera. Need to see the true colors to diagnose properly. Change your settings around a bit, go to a low exposure setting and boost your flash or something. I think your plants been burnt by nutrients and the proximity of the light. When buds get too close to the light, leafs will go yellow or white and will crisp up in places. The tips of your leafs show they are burnt by nutrients and are curled slightly down. It's a little hard to say without more info on PH, nutes, and environmental conditions. Post that IC Mag form. Could be a Cal Mag deficiency but I doubt it, I would recommend cutting out CAL/MAG at the 4th-5th week and run mostly P/K nutes. Cal Mag has a lot of Nitrogen, which your plant may not need. Calcium deficiencies usually don't show up later on in flower, I see more P deficiencies than anything. Every strain acts differently.

Show a full plant, honesty show with the HPS off or remove the orange somehow and an Cannabis Infirmary form.

Ph is always 5.7 and the nutes are Humbolt. I follow humbolts feeding schedule. Watering took over a year to get it dialed in. I think your first guess is right. To much light. I stepped up to a 600w HPS from 400. I have to top of the plant about 15 inches from the light. To close? Do you think it could be from the removal of the leaves? Some of the tops are definitely being burnt thats why I was asking about making them shorter, Thanks for the help. Oh ya the whole plant is looking like that. I have been using cal/mag in the res and spraying them at night.

pH 5.7?? You're doing hydroponics correct? I hope so because a pH of 5.7 in soil could be a big problem.

At 15" away from the top of your plants you may definitely be experiencing some light burn. But I don't think it's from the heat and light alone. I think with the addition of you spraying the plant the heat and light are causing more damage to the upper leaves closest to the light than the deficiency is. Regardless there still seems to be a deficiency but because of the compound situation it really makes it difficult to put a pin on exactly what it is or what is causing it...

I agree with Reddy. Get some better pictures. Maybe make a new thread pertaining to your issue as well. You may get some more opinions. 4 great minds are better than 2!

As far as you taking off the solar leaves and that causing the problem, it's highly unlikely. While ripping off solar leaves will slow the plants overall growth down, and have a dramatic affect on the yield, it will rarely contribute to a deficiency. At least not from my knowledge. However, it's definitely never a good idea to remove those solar leaves... :)

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

and spraying them at night.

there's yer sign !

if you're still "spraying flowering plants at night" you most likely need to get back to the Grow Bible, page one.

Your "fix" is probably more involved than the addition of anything except better habits.

We've all been there ;), I bet your

garden rocks these days, I hope all is well!

ok my 2 pennies. I do remove SOME leaves off of SOME strains seems like for ME some of hybrids get a bit "weird" on plant structure. like theyre confused a bit about who to be, now my more indi and more satv I tend to not need to, so I agree gods plants are perfect,the ones we mess with however yummy, SOME of them don't go by the rules, and I feel the need to punish them for it. lol

• 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...