Won In Court Today!

Well first off I cannot say how excited I am!! Those who saw my thread about my probation will know if not here is some cliffs. I was arrested in March for possession of marijuana, I went to court in April just prior to my appointment to get my card. I took a plea bargain because they said they would honor my card and it was cheaper then getting a lawyer. Fast forward to getting my paperwork and waiting 20 days, I turned everything in to my probation officer, he said everything was good and to turn it into the counseling place so they don't report me for THC. Fast forward to may, I fail my drug test for THC, which I thought was fine. When I reported in June my probation officer said I have a violation hearing and tried to get it thrown on because he said I could smoke. They wouldn't do it though, so that brings me to today.

Today I went in for my violation hearing, went in front of the head of the probation department with all my medical records and paper work, he said it wasn't any good and put in a motion to violate me, take away my 74.11 first offenders program, add time to probation, add work program days, add fines and fees etc... Sends me up to the judge, I sit in the court room for hours waiting to be called and when I was called up I explained myself and my position. I only failed on the grounds of permission and I felt that I was being taken advantage of by having to miss work to prove myself even though I was given permission from my probation officer. They got the head of the department to come up and state his counter argument, then it went back and forth for a few counter points and ultimate the judge asked for closing statements. I represented myself this whole time and couldn't be any more proud of me. The judge ruled in favor of me, threw out everything that was put in motion by the probation department, said I'm allowed to use medical marijuana but he still wants me to take drug tests to show I'm not using other drugs. Which is fine by me, I even told the judge if I have to pass all my drug tests thats fine, but to base any additional punishment upon my actions that I was granted permission for is absurd.

All in all, I am very impressed with this law, and the fact that judges aren't abusing it and honoring it! This was all in Livonia, which as many of you may know has a 0 tolerance law for medical marijuana and are very opposed to drugs as well as very strict when it comes to the law, the police and their sentencing! Now I can return to my normal life and go back to scouring this forum for those in need of help!

AWESOME JIPO!!! Glad everything went good for you. Light up, turn the vape on, eat a brownie, how ever you medicate :)

Thanks everyone! I am jumping up and down like a 6 year old on Christmas day, I got really nervous several times, thought I was screwed but I stood my ground and never backed down and walked away with a smile on my face!! :lol: @ Mezz, that's so awesome getting the Ypsi police in trouble, that had to be way better then this!

Jipo, you are victorious, just don't let your guard down though, these snakes like to lull you to sleep...Glad to hear it all went good, I'm smiling for you, Peace!!!

That's definitely true, I dropped my guard after my P.O. cleared me to smoke and look what ended up of it. However Judges rulings are darn near the top of the pyramid.

WOW. I have represented myself in every case I have found my self in, and I sir give you a round of applause for that because I know what they said to you, I'm sure it was the same they told me (all scare tactics). And the fact that this was in Livonia, that is awesome to hear that maybe we are making a difference in the state! CONGRATS

Well first off I cannot say how excited I am!! Those who saw my thread about my probation will know if not here is some cliffs. I was arrested in March for possession of marijuana, I went to court in April just prior to my appointment to get my card. I took a plea bargain because they said they would honor my card and it was cheaper then getting a lawyer. Fast forward to getting my paperwork and waiting 20 days, I turned everything in to my probation officer, he said everything was good and to turn it into the counseling place so they don't report me for THC. Fast forward to may, I fail my drug test for THC, which I thought was fine. When I reported in June my probation officer said I have a violation hearing and tried to get it thrown on because he said I could smoke. They wouldn't do it though, so that brings me to today.

Today I went in for my violation hearing, went in front of the head of the probation department with all my medical records and paper work, he said it wasn't any good and put in a motion to violate me, take away my 74.11 first offenders program, add time to probation, add work program days, add fines and fees etc... Sends me up to the judge, I sit in the court room for hours waiting to be called and when I was called up I explained myself and my position. I only failed on the grounds of permission and I felt that I was being taken advantage of by having to miss work to prove myself even though I was given permission from my probation officer. They got the head of the department to come up and state his counter argument, then it went back and forth for a few counter points and ultimate the judge asked for closing statements. I represented myself this whole time and couldn't be any more proud of me. The judge ruled in favor of me, threw out everything that was put in motion by the probation department, said I'm allowed to use medical marijuana but he still wants me to take drug tests to show I'm not using other drugs. Which is fine by me, I even told the judge if I have to pass all my drug tests thats fine, but to base any additional punishment upon my actions that I was granted permission for is absurd.

All in all, I am very impressed with this law, and the fact that judges aren't abusing it and honoring it! This was all in Livonia, which as many of you may know has a 0 tolerance law for medical marijuana and are very opposed to drugs as well as very strict when it comes to the law, the police and their sentencing! Now I can return to my normal life and go back to scouring this forum for those in need of help!

That is fantastic!!! congrats :)

Waaaahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

I have been expecting that the defense for medical cannabis is, in fact, plain, straightforward, and simple enough that patients can defend themselves without turning to attorneys to represent them in court. If this decision can be considered to represent court attitudes toward the written law, then we have smooth sailing coming up, as long as we are compliant. It is those who do not, for whatever reason, follow this simply written and clearly stated law who will wind up stepping on their dicks or getting their mammaries caught in the wringer. Superior court decisions have been almost exclusively ruled in favor of compliant plaintiffs.

Congrats. Job well done.

AND HEY SITE ADMINISTRATORS. Howcome I am most often redirected to tinyurl when I try to enter this site?? I then must open another browser window and try again.

Very cool Jipo!

I am glad for your accomplishment! Your win is a win for us all.

Thank you! :goodjob:

It realy tinkle off the judge when the people rep there self and can prove there case against a profesional police officer,That in itself shows that what they are trying to pull is nothing but BULL CRAP.