Brandan's Perpetual Grow

Brandan

So here is my ultra budget sulfur burner. From what i have read this should work fine. All it is is a ceramic 100 watt heat emiter( $28.00), a lizard tank light fixture and a can. The ceramic heat thing heats up can which has sulfur in it, sulfur gets hot and starts to smoke and buh bye mildew!! The guy at the hydro store is ordering me the sulfur (wont be in till friday) only $16. FOR LIKE 2LBS.. He even looked up the heat elements for actual sulfur burners and they too are 100 watt :) have a little water in the ca just to see if the heat transfers like i want. Im sure it will, just curious lol. I think i

med_gallery_13605_233_3536134.jpg

med_gallery_13605_233_763878.jpg

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good but I would have definetely got those closer to the light. Thats why they stretched so much. Trust me on this one, I learned my lesson as well.

As close to the light as you can. Put your hand under that light and wait for several minutes(not just seconds). What YOU are comfortable with, your PLANTS are comfortable with.

I run a air cooled 1000 and have them less than a foot away. I also have a 600 connected to that which is obviously air cooled as well and they are less than a 1/2 foot away from that light. Good luck and have fun!

i wanna hit on this real quick.

RLP has it right on as usual. it goes right along with having a level canopy.

the closer you can get these lamps to your buds, the better off you are. it really seriously does make THAT much of a difference. an HPS lamp is NOT the sun..... we do not have never-ending penetration.

NOT trying to show-up RLP..... believe that....if he really wanted to come back at me, he truly could post a pic of a bud 3-4" away from an air cooled lamp with glass enclosure.

these are not air cooled (attached to a vent/fan), but i have more air movement in there than the santa ana winds. and it is central AC cooled.

6" from a 1000w lamp:

med_gallery_13801_60_786442.jpg

Hey taj, I got it at soldans, it's a pet suplly store, they have snakes lizard fish and all that. Was only around $28.00

BG- I will lower my light some as u guys keep telling me lol just worried I'll get home and have burned buds where they grew into light lol...

after the 2 week stretch, there is no more "oh crap how did they do that" over night :)

after the stretch, its all about bud packing and very little height.

Hey taj, I got it at soldans, it's a pet suplly store, they have snakes lizard fish and all that. Was only around $28.00

BG- I will lower my light some as u guys keep telling me lol just worried I'll get home and have burned buds where they grew into light lol...

Thanks!

Considered building one of these myself.

So, i am running my burner right now :jig: it is working exactly how i hoped. temps are getting high in room because i guess u are supposed to shut off fans while burner is on or u will be just venting all the sulfur out lol its at like 79 now, still has like 30 min with light on.. I measured about 2 tablespoons of sulfur and put that into burner.. Ill have some pics of it up and running in a bit.. Back to babysitting room for a min. :jig: i beter not even see a hint of mildew after this bunny muffin. :sword:

so here is the burner and the sulfur, i put 2 tablespoons of the sulfur in it. i ran it for the last 40-60 min of my light cycle with no fans running. temps raise up a bit but nothing major. room was filled with the vapor stuff :) let it settle for about an hour after the lights and the burner went out Turned back on all my fans and let the room air out and get some needed fresh air. Everything I have read says this will be 100% effective.. Just smells funky now. not like rotten eggs but weird... so ok to the pics... :sword:

med_gallery_13605_233_3805271.jpg

here it is hanging and working lol hard to see the vapor stuff in the pic buts its flowing

med_gallery_13605_233_4504911.jpg

here is what it looks like inside of it real quick..

med_gallery_13605_233_647717.jpg

so it is day 40 of flower :jig: plants are looking good. On the bubble gums some of the fan leaves are yellowing and have some small brown spots, they actually started to do it right after they were sprayed with the fungicide stuff.. IDK they are still growing very healthy so when the leaves look about 1/2 - 3/4 dead i pull them of. But i was checking them with my scope earlier and noticed a build up of a sticky stuff on my scope, so naturally knowing it must be some of the glands that stuck to it i rubbed it on my finger for a smell.... drool.... it smells like a fruity candy of some sort! very very happy! but here are the pics my friends:

med_gallery_13605_233_541971.jpg

med_gallery_13605_233_3313165.jpg

I also tied the other julie anns down a little so that the tops can get more direct light

med_gallery_13605_233_251485.jpg

med_gallery_13605_233_3313703.jpg

looking great!!

leaves are going to yellow and die now. no problems. you are basically there!!!!!!!!!!!!

just like the leaves on the michigan trees in the fall, your cannabis plants will do the same. you have properly created fall-like conditions for them indoors.

looking great!! harvest coming soon :goodjob:

im hoping to cut the bubble gums in around 10-15 days, everything i have read about them gives them a 50 day finish. Now the Julie Anns on the other hand, i am just watching them and gonna check trics... but they really turned out to be some really nice looking ladies :jig:

day 47 of flower :jig: the bubble gums are getting strait RO water. checking trics everyday. only saw like 1-2 amber ones on the plant lol some cloudy.. A smaller magnifying thing may be a little better for me, i have a 60-100, but then again it my first time usong one so yea lol.. but they are looking good. Im gonna go over my 50 day guess for the bubble gum.. but here are some new pics:

med_gallery_13605_233_4042451.jpg

ok, here is the big mamma.. her bud looked a little odd to me. Could just be me i dont know but here are a couple of good pics of her:

med_gallery_13605_233_3548375.jpg

med_gallery_13605_233_4430459.jpg

med_gallery_13605_233_3430165.jpg

Archived