Solvent For Simpson Oil

affordablemimeds

"Too expensive" is subjective. I have a duty to perform to the best of my ability. Iso is halfway down the polarity schedule, and extracts more than the active compounds I aim to  target in cannabis extractions. It works, but so do the other dozens of solvents on the list, to varying degrees.

When N-Butane is distilled, nothing results, but more nbutane. Its the tip of the pure scale. It responds exactly the same each time with higher lab purity standards than drug/hardware store solvents, at lower temperatures, preserving 100% of he terpene profiles.   

I would never say one solvent is better than the other. but I can say nbutane is the very best I have every used, providing the exact results I expect with the safest mode of extraction I have ever seen. I've used most solvents except chloroform for extraction. My purchased process produces  no fumes, no fire hazard, completely enclosed, vacuum distilled, no heat over 100f, and environmentally sound with a 100% recapture and reuse of the solvent each time.  With exact scientific removal and every check and balance built in, I could not locate a better option.

I first saw it used in a compounding pharmacy and immediately began studying the process. All the old "Trash to Stash" hippie methods were soon forgotten by me, and I stepped up. After using the first results it was easy to decide to avoid others' extractions. 

99% iso is the best choice on a budget with relative safety and repeatable results I think. I don't like the fact that if not completely removed can make people sick to their stomach with gastrointestinal upset, a good reason to use spirits alternatively if alcohol is your thing. Complete removal of solvent used is key. The list of iso comparable solvents is long, but iso is the easiest to obtain is all.

"Too expensive" is subjective. I have a duty to perform to the best of my ability. Iso is halfway down the polarity schedule, and extracts more than the active compounds I aim to  target in cannabis extractions.

I meant that it costs about twice as much as what you pay locally for the same thing, not that I will not pay for the very best.

My goal with extraction isn't targeting specific parts of the plant, it's to actually capture the plant for later uses. Capture it in a small package that can later be manipulated into a multitude of future uses. If you start out by limiting then you are limiting later uses. Uses you might not even know of right now. I look at it like making time capsules of cannabinoids. A treasure chest of cannabinoids, arrr.

• 2 weeks later...

A still would be really nice that way you could reuse the alcohol over and over again and not pollute the environment. But bootlegging is still illegal everywhere in the US.

stills are made and sold in the us for home use.  it seems if you were to produce commercial quantities involving sales (bootlegging) you'd need somethting with more capacity than a countertop unit such as milehi or the other 3 models available on the internet for under $200.   

. My purchased process produces  no fumes, no fire hazard, completely enclosed, vacuum distilled, no heat over 100f, and environmentally sound with a 100% recapture and reuse of the solvent each time.  With exact scientific removal and every check and balance built in, I could not locate a better option.

I first saw it used in a compounding pharmacy and immediately began studying the process. 

$15K?

Go to Cannabis Oil Made With Food Grade Alcohol on Facebook. There is a large community involved with making oil that is safe for human consumption. Many of the impurities of oil made with naptha remain due to their high boiling point. I have attached a file with the whole report that shows the various results including terpenes for oil extraction. 

Wow! That is interesting - the summary was that OLIVE OIL extractions were better at extracting cannabinoids & terpenes than naptha, pet ether & ethanol (listed in increasing effectiveness)! Cheap, not flammable, non-toxic, and no overcooking since it only needs to be heated to the BP of water. Only disadvantage that they mention is that you can't concentrate it by evaporation and may need to consume more.

Edited by zachw

Wow! That is interesting - the summary was that OLIVE OIL extractions were better at extracting cannabinoids & terpenes than naptha, pet ether & ethanol (listed in increasing effectiveness)! Cheap, not flammable, non-toxic, and no overcooking since it only needs to be heated to the BP of water. Only disadvantage that they mention is that you can't concentrate it by evaporation and may need to consume more.

Yep saw a report where someone claims to have eradicated their cancer using an olive oil extract.  I personally think it or food grade alcohol is the way to go.  

someones bible says olive oil and the dried flower tops of kaneh b  was used to make the holy anointing oil, used to cure all kinds of disease, and even to help a believer connect to their source. sometimes they would be overwhelmed with euphoria so much , that the character John had to rush to "wash it off of their heads quickly" to suspend its affects.   olive oil, the original cannabis medicated oil ?

They also don't mention another downside of olive oil extractions is that you have to eat the oil (either as is for the richest concentration of terpenes or after additional heating for higher thc/cbd). Various solvent extractions give you more flexibility, especially concerning the self titration that goes with vaping. 

z

someones bible says olive oil and the dried flower tops of kaneh b  was used to make the holy anointing oil, used to cure all kinds of disease, and even to help a believer connect to their source. sometimes they would be overwhelmed with euphoria so much , that the character John had to rush to "wash it off of their heads quickly" to suspend its affects.   olive oil, the original cannabis medicated oil ?

Yes but that same bible tells tales of someone loading specimens of every animal on a boat, turning water into wine, and raising the dead.  So I'm not sure how much of this magic should be applied to daily life in the 21st century.  It comes down to credibility and proof.  The King James bible has lots of credibility based only on faith and falls waaay short on the proof aspect.  It is worth a try? - yes.  Should it be be considered superior to medical science?  No.

Edited by Highlander

They also don't mention another downside of olive oil extractions is that you have to eat the oil (either as is for the richest concentration of terpenes or after additional heating for higher thc/cbd). Various solvent extractions give you more flexibility, especially concerning the self titration that goes with vaping. 

z

Eat more salads.

• 2 months later...

I  use butane it is fast, easy, and very flamable, I beleive i get every bit of the butane out when im finished,, Ive yet to try some ones who's is more potent, hopefully I will run into some one that has some as potent, I wouldnt mind doing a safer extraction and being able to reuse the extractant, I realy dont find it to be to expensive to make with butane, with only sugar leafs I usualy can get around 14 grms from 2 cases of butane cost = 58 bucks, time is around 5 hrs from start to finish, and than I need a nap because during the thinning process after butane evape i wipe my bubble poker on my cigs lol!

great thread lots of good info!

Peace

Yes but that same bible tells tales of someone loading specimens of every animal on a boat, turning water into wine, and raising the dead.  So I'm not sure how much of this magic should be applied to daily life in the 21st century.  It comes down to credibility and proof.  The King James bible has lots of credibility based only on faith and falls waaay short on the proof aspect.  It is worth a try? - yes.  Should it be be considered superior to medical science?  No.

I know, right. that's why I ended the post with a question mark. I've seen a dozen other books with similar stories in them, dating much older than the popular. I just thought that this story is remarkable in that it(old story) revolves much around a hippie who spreads love and goo(d) wishes inspiring folks to love each other, and uses cannabis oil to heal people, while the kings put him to death for it. pretty relevant today even, maybe.

I've made the said mixture and can attest to some of its medical uses although I believe a pure olive oil extraction taken orally or topically to be a safer manner.

Even at safe temperatures the vaporizing of pure concentrated cannabis oil will leave a thick residue inside of a vape bag. This oil collects on the bag and soon is no longer transparent. I suspect my lungs to also collect these vapors in a similar way. good thing hefty cough ensues typically thereafter.

note: I mean no offense to anyone who may or may not believe anything I refer to. I offered olive oil as an ancient, not only biblical, choice of solvents. coconut oil, peanut oil, are also great choices. hexane pentane,c02, nbutane make awesome solvents for this too, but come with much more risk and expense maybe.