Medical Marijuana And College

I live in Michigan and am in the process of getting my medical marijuana card. I have a reoccurring knee injury that is not correctable by surgery (at least that's what the doctors tell me) and causes my alot of pain. I am currently working on my Bachelor's degree at a Michigan University.

My Question is:

If I go through and get my medical marijuana card, will this EFFECT (in any way) my getting into/attending graduate school? What about if I plan on trying to attend an ivy league school like Stanford? what about a smaller school like a community or private college?

Question 2:

Is there anything else I should know know about how having a medical marijuana card will affect me? (school, jobs, insurance etc.)

I live in Michigan and am in the process of getting my medical marijuana card. I have a reoccurring knee injury that is not correctable by surgery (at least that's what the doctors tell me) and causes my alot of pain. I am currently working on my Bachelor's degree at a Michigan University.

My Question is:

If I go through and get my medical marijuana card, will this EFFECT (in any way) my getting into/attending graduate school? What about if I plan on trying to attend an ivy league school like Stanford? what about a smaller school like a community or private college?

Question 2:

Is there anything else I should know know about how having a medical marijuana card will affect me? (school, jobs, insurance etc.)

Ok, you would need to figure out the schools policy on it, when i was going to college i just smoked before classes in my car, some schools may have an issue with it some may not, If you plan on trying to attent an ivy league school you are sol since you will be out of the state of michigan and that is where your card is valid, as far as getting into a college there is no reason they should have to know you are on it.

I would also research a bit more the possible effects it may have on your financial aid, especially if you are thinking of a school out of state. While you may be protected from prosecution here in Michigan, you could be jeopardizing your financial aid if you are caught medicating in a non MMJ state.

Archived