Anxiety & Depression

Any one ever been real sad but felt better after smoking? Ever had a manic episode, but were calmed after smoking? Ever had horrible reactions to psych. meds, anti-anxiety, or mood stabalizers, but felt normal after smoking (marijuana alone with meds out of your system) ??? If so this is where you need to be. I someone can get a card for feeling nausious once a month, then Mi. should consider us anxious and depressed who feel relief from marijuana as well. We have genuine conditions and marijuana is a genuine treatment. Thanks for visiting my forum on this subject. Hope we can open someones eyes soon to this matter.

Any one ever been real sad but felt better after smoking? Ever had a manic episode, but were calmed after smoking? Ever had horrible reactions to psych. meds, anti-anxiety, or mood stabalizers, but felt normal after smoking (marijuana alone with meds out of your system) ??? If so this is where you need to be. I someone can get a card for feeling nausious once a month, then Mi. should consider us anxious and depressed who feel relief from marijuana as well. We have genuine conditions and marijuana is a genuine treatment. Thanks for visiting my forum on this subject. Hope we can open someones eyes soon to this matter.

The problem that I have noticed (and I have all but discontinued use) is that in med mj leaves with me with a bit of anxiety. It's almost like starting over. I have tried several different strains. Right now I can say that Wellbutrin and Buspiron (sp) do not have this effect.

To each there own.... i wont neg rep u...but eww those pills are nasty, and just as likely to make your problem worse.

As for the op..... yes it sure as hell can help. cant say ull get a card in michigan for it.... but u could in cali. its a real shame. I am amoung other things classified as disforic, a total lack of euphoria...what do the feds say, they say it causes euphoria.... hmm. snds like good medicine to me

it's legit

*tommy chong*, huh? haven't see that one here before lol

not only does smoking mj make me happier, it lasts. the anti-depress meds are like riding a roller coaster, especially if you miss a day. not to mention, the side effects are just as depressing.

pot evens out my mood, and smoking one day will last me a couple, in terms of my mood being even

I think I'm having an anxiety attack right now, thinking of the first (AND LAST) time I took a SSRI! I NEVER WANT TO FEEL LIKE THAT AGAIN!! It's hard for me to take an asprin, or any other pill, after that. Big Pharm can use ALL their manufactured meds, in suppository form, on each other.

I WON'T BE TAKING THEM!!

glad you stepped out of the shadows :)

welcome!!

i was on cymbalta, and it took me over 3-4 months to wean myself off it. it got to the point to where it wasn't working, so they upped it... then upped it again, because it was not working... and over and over, until the point where it felt like i was going to fall down, just from walking down a hallway and turning my head to the side. i thought, enough is enough. at least my mood disorder didn't keep me from being able to do shtuff. i've been off it about 3 months now.

haven't been back to the doc. don't need anymore of that type of shtuff

I was on zoloft for years and came off it about 6 months ago. Now I would not touch another antidepressant, especially a SSRI, with a ten foot pole. My psych, who is a complete moron, told me I was okay just stopping the zoloft, rather than weaning myself off it slowly. BAD IDEA! I was sick for 3 weeks. Apparently there is withdrawal symptoms with this class of drugs that my doc didn't warn me about. I had horrible headaches, panic attacks (my anxiety disorder had previously been under control even without zoloft), and these weird shock feelings all the time. My doc suggested xanax...I figured I'd try a couple bong tokes when it got really bad rather than start another potentially addictive pill. The mmj helped me get through this period. I do get slight social anxiety (kinda paranoid in big crowds when stoned) with strains that are primarily indica, but I get the opposite effect with sativa strains...it helps me be more social. I also find that my main psych issue was greatly improved with indica strains of mmj. I no longer feel the need to get up a million times a night to perform my checking rituals because I'm so relaxed from the mmj that I can sit and work through the anxiety attack rather than jumping up every 3 minutes to check on something. Its awesome...something I haven't been able to do in 10 years. My husband and I can lay in bed and watch an ENTIRE movie without interruptions. Granted, I was not "prescribed" mmj for problem but it has been amazingly helpful. I do have experience w/ wellbutrin and a side effect of this med is aggitation and anxiety (do a web search on the side effects...these will be listed on evey site...I gaurantee it). I'd try giving that up before the mmj...synthetic drugs are WAY worse for you that plant-based ones.

glad you stepped out of the shadows :)

welcome!!

ya i been on here a while i just wanted to take time to research this here issue as to not misinform or misrepresent the issue....BUT THE KEY IS THAT ITS AN ISSUE A LIGIT ONE AND ONE WE NEED TO ADDRESS...i now have new tools in my arsenal so stay tuned for some intriguing research articles on this issue

Guest Medicinal Patient

I think I'm having an anxiety attack right now, thinking of the first (AND LAST) time I took a SSRI! I NEVER WANT TO FEEL LIKE THAT AGAIN!! It's hard for me to take an asprin, or any other pill, after that. Big Pharm can use ALL their manufactured meds, in suppository form, on each other.

I WON'T BE TAKING THEM!!

Bravo! :goodjob::thumbsu::goodjob::bow::goodjob:

I was on psych meds for a short time when I was 12. Don't remember how they affected me, other than they didn't work. After seeing Fam become unrecognizable doped up on these meds was enough for me to never seek help because I knew taking these meds is usually a condition while under treatment. I can't even imagine being court ordered to take such horrible meds like I have seen happen. Dang LHB, this post is like perfect timing for whats happenin, and this reminds me I need to be extremely careful in how I approach seeking help and treatment. There is such a fine line that is invisible to me and that makes me cautious and leery to reach out to better my situation.

I have been on the Wellbutrin/Buspar coctail for over 3 years now. I don't like the weight gain associated with these meds. I also have experienced some weight gain. I pay 10$ per prescription (90 day supply). If I could get the same deal for med mj then it would be a comparable choice.

I could afford to stay constantly medicated then, I could say that med mj was a good choice for me, but when a dose is anywhere from 2-5$ I have to space it out to one dose a day (and by ingesting it will last me 4-6 hours). So that means that realistically I would need to doses a day. So I would say 1-2 grams a day. $20 day for two grams is $140.00 dollars a week.

Prescription medication might not be healthier but it is cheaper. As long as it is cheaper it is a better choice for me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't severe anxiety a qualifying condition under mmma act? Also, conditions such as depression, MRSA, bipolar, and a host of other conditions that have proven benefit by the use of mj may not be "debilitating" conditions but are "serious" conditions, and you should still be able to get a dr. recomendation and be covered by the Affirmative Defense.

Yeah I qualify under another condition. I believe that in other med mj states anxiety and depression are qualifying conditions.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade (those who are happy with med mj). I am just a little frustrated that med mj was not the "cure all" for me. Judging from all of the positive publicity that I see (on this site and others), I expected it to do more for me.

I have already had one argument concerning my views, so please believe me when I say I am not looking to get into another one).

I have depression issues going on and anger with that, after I smoke the anger is gone, the depression is better. I have been on meds for depression, they helped for a while but the side effects were no fun.

I COMPLETELY GET IT...PSYCH MEDS ARE MORE LIKELY TO WORSEN PSYCH SYMPTOMS THAN HELP THEM...(AT LEAST FOR ME) ALL PSYCH DRS WANNA DO IS DOPE US UP IN HOPES THAT WE ARE SEDATED ENOUGH AND FOR LONG ENOUGH THAT THEY CAN JUST LABEL US A SUCCESS UNDER THEIR SO CALLED REPUTABLE TREATMENT....WE ARE MERELY MARKS ON THEIR BELTS...AGAIN I SPEEK THESE THINGS BASED ON MY PERSONAL EXPERIANCE AND HAVE NO INTENTIONS ON LEADING OTHERS AWAY FROM OTHER FORMS OF TREATMENTS

I have depression issues going on and anger with that, after I smoke the anger is gone, the depression is better. I have been on meds for depression, they helped for a while but the side effects were no fun.

I FEEL YA MAN, I HAVE IMPULSE CONTROL DISORDER AS WELL AS INTERMITANT EXPLOSIVE DISORDER ON TOP OF A FEW OTHERS AND THE MEDS FOR THESE CONDITIONS SUCK, I LITERALY FEEL TIED TO A GURNEY WHEN ON PSYCH MEDS, AND IF IM NOT SEDATED BY THEM IM COMPLETELY IN A STATE OF DISTORTION AND HAVE NO REAL GRASP ON REALITY AS IT TRULY IS....MED MJ SUBSIDES ALL THESE FEELINGS WITH NONE OF THE SIDE EFFECTS THAT MAKE ME WANNA GO BAZIRK EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE...MJ COMPLETELY SUBSIDES MY DEPRESSION, THE RIGHT STRAINS DO THE SAME FOR MY PARANOIA AND ANXIETY

Yeah I qualify under another condition. I believe that in other med mj states anxiety and depression are qualifying conditions.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade (those who are happy with med mj). I am just a little frustrated that med mj was not the "cure all" for me. Judging from all of the positive publicity that I see (on this site and others), I expected it to do more for me.

I have already had one argument concerning my views, so please believe me when I say I am not looking to get into another one).

ANY ONE WHO STARTS A FIGHT WITH YOU ON THIS ISSUE IS SELFISH, ONE SIDED, AND POSSIBLY MISINFORMING TO OTHERS...WE ARE NOT HERE TO INFLUENCE AND LEAD PEOPLE TO MED MJ, BUT RATHER TO SHARE AND INFORM EACHOTHER OF ITS POSSITIVE AND NEGATIVE EFFECTS ON THESE CONDITIONS...EVERY PERSON WILL REACT DIFFERENTLY TO ANY MEDICATION WETHER IT BE MED MJ OR SERIQUEL, PAXIL, RESPIRDOL, ETC. EACH PERSON CAN TELL IN DUE TIME WHAT MEDS ARE HELPFULL AND WHICH ONES ARE HARMFULL TO THEMSELVES, THEREFORE THE INDIVIDUAL NEEDS TO ASSIST THEIR DR IN MAKING A PRESCRIPTION PLAN TO BEST CONTROL THE DIAGNOSED CONDITION, DRS HAVE NO IDEA HOW MEDS EFFECT US, IT IS OUR DUTY TO INFORM THEM HONESTLY ON ALL OUR SIDE EFFECTS FROM ALL OUR DRUGS,

I have been on the Wellbutrin/Buspar coctail for over 3 years now. I don't like the weight gain associated with these meds. I also have experienced some weight gain. I pay 10$ per prescription (90 day supply). If I could get the same deal for med mj then it would be a comparable choice.

I could afford to stay constantly medicated then, I could say that med mj was a good choice for me, but when a dose is anywhere from 2-5$ I have to space it out to one dose a day (and by ingesting it will last me 4-6 hours). So that means that realistically I would need to doses a day. So I would say 1-2 grams a day. $20 day for two grams is $140.00 dollars a week.

Prescription medication might not be healthier but it is cheaper. As long as it is cheaper it is a better choice for me.

I TOTALY GET THAT MAN...IVE HAD TO BORROW CASH FROM FAMILY B4 TO HELP PAY FOR PSYCH MEDS, THE CAN BE COSTLY...EVEN WITH MEDICARE, AARP, N MEDICAIDE COMBINED....AND NONE OF THESE WILL PROBABLY EVER HELP WITH MED MJ AT ALL....UNLESS IT GETS LEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES...HOPE THE BEST TO YOU IN YOUR QUEST FOR PEACE(OF MIND) IN THE MEAN TIME KEEP ON KEEPIN ON

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't severe anxiety a qualifying condition under mmma act? Also, conditions such as depression, MRSA, bipolar, and a host of other conditions that have proven benefit by the use of mj may not be "debilitating" conditions but are "serious" conditions, and you should still be able to get a dr. recomendation and be covered by the Affirmative Defense.

I WISH MAN...UNFORTUNATELY MICH. HAS YET TO SEARIOUSLY RESEARCH THE TOPIC DUE TO ITS CONTRAVERSIAL ATTENTION AMONG THE PSYCH. DR. COMMUNITY AND SUCH...HOWEVER IF ANYONE IS ON DISABILITY FROM CONDITIONS RELATED TO THESE POSTS, HERES THE GOOD NEWS, THE LACK OF RESEARCH NOT ONLY KEEPS US FROM QUALIFYING FOR THESE PARTICULAR CONDITIONS, IT ALSO KEEPS US FROM GETTING DISQUAlified...if you are on disibility for anxiety, depression, bipolar, impulse control disorder, and several other mood or personality disorders you CAN STILL GET A CARD FOR ANY OF THE UNDERLIYING CONDITIONS SUCH AS NASEA(SIDE EFFECT FROM PSYCH MEDS), SEVERE CHRONIC PAIN(STRONGLY RELATED TO DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AND MOST PSYCH MED SIDE EFFECTS), LOSS OF APPITITE(RELATED TO TONS OF PSYCHIATRIC DISORDERS)...SINCE THERE ARE NO UNDERLYING GUIDELINES FOR DISQUALIFYING A QUALIFYING PATIENT BECAUSE OF THEIR PSYCH HISTORY A DR IS JUST AS PROTECTED BY THE LAWS AS IF HE WERE PRESCRIBING VICODIN OR TYLENOL...MED MJ IS A LEGIT MED FOR PAIN, HEADACHES, NASEA, LOSS OF APPETITE, ETC. THESE CONDITIONS ARE OFTEN CAUSED BY DEPRESSION, ANXIETY, AGORAPHOBIA, BIPOLAR, AND SEVERAL OTHERS.

To each there own.... i wont neg rep u...but eww those pills are nasty, and just as likely to make your problem worse.

As for the op..... yes it sure as hell can help. cant say ull get a card in michigan for it.... but u could in cali. its a real shame. I am amoung other things classified as disforic, a total lack of euphoria...what do the feds say, they say it causes euphoria.... hmm. snds like good medicine to me

i agree ganjawarrior, and i will not get a card for these conditions, good news i reviewed the underlying guidelines for med mj, and though our conditions are not qualifying in Mi. our side effects are, migranes, chronic pain related to panic attacks/anxiety, chronic pain stemming from depression and constant tension in out necks and back astremities due to stress, loss of appetite from depression, nasea from meds/or panic/anxiety stemming from agoraphobia, and ultimately med mj elleviates side effects from most psych meds. We do suffer from these qualifying conditions (side effects from our disorders) and mental illness does not quailfy us but the symptoms we experiance do. I spoke with med mj clinic and being diagnosed with mood or personality disorders does not knock us out of the loop, as long as our requesition is for the symptoms associated with those conditions and not the condition itself...cant legaly treat bipolar, depression, or anxiety with med mj in Mi yet, but med mj can absolutely be a legit treatment for the symptoms associated with these conditions...esp since there is nothing in the med mj act that prohibits drs from referring a patient for med mj for the symptoms of chronic severe pain, migranes, nasea, loss of appetite, etc. my friend the lack of research into this topic does not qualify us, but it also does not disqualify us. Its more a loop hole than anything, but a legit one. the symptoms of these disorders are severe to most of us, and if we can still get oppiets (vicodin etc.) for pain from a dr. we can absolutely get med mj for pain as well...stay up n keep on smokin on...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was on zoloft for years and came off it about 6 months ago. Now I would not touch another antidepressant, especially a SSRI, with a ten foot pole. My psych, who is a complete moron, told me I was okay just stopping the zoloft, rather than weaning myself off it slowly. BAD IDEA! I was sick for 3 weeks. Apparently there is withdrawal symptoms with this class of drugs that my doc didn't warn me about. I had horrible headaches, panic attacks (my anxiety disorder had previously been under control even without zoloft), and these weird shock feelings all the time. My doc suggested xanax...I figured I'd try a couple bong tokes when it got really bad rather than start another potentially addictive pill. The mmj helped me get through this period. I do get slight social anxiety (kinda paranoid in big crowds when stoned) with strains that are primarily indica, but I get the opposite effect with sativa strains...it helps me be more social. I also find that my main psych issue was greatly improved with indica strains of mmj. I no longer feel the need to get up a million times a night to perform my checking rituals because I'm so relaxed from the mmj that I can sit and work through the anxiety attack rather than jumping up every 3 minutes to check on something. Its awesome...something I haven't been able to do in 10 years. My husband and I can lay in bed and watch an ENTIRE movie without interruptions. Granted, I was not "prescribed" mmj for problem but it has been amazingly helpful. I do have experience w/ wellbutrin and a side effect of this med is aggitation and anxiety (do a web search on the side effects...these will be listed on evey site...I gaurantee it). I'd try giving that up before the mmj...synthetic drugs are WAY worse for you that plant-based ones.

Thank you so much for what you wrote. I feel exactly how you feel. I tried the pills and they did not work for me at all. I've had horrible side effects, Withdawls and no improvment in my condition from "conventional medications". MMJ is the only thing that makes me normal, happy and functional. I'm a better mom, I'm an easier person to live with and my relationship with my fiance is healthier as well.

I'm proud to say I am legal and so thankful for it!

Archived