Children In House

Can any body tell me the rules of patients growing plants in a household with young children?

the same for growing in any other situation:

© A person shall not be denied custody or visitation of a minor for acting in accordance with this act, unless the person's behavior is such that it creates an unreasonable danger to the minor that can be clearly articulated and substantiated.:

(g) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for providing a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver with marihuana paraphernalia for purposes of a qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana.

(h) Any marihuana, marihuana paraphernalia, or licit property that is possessed, owned, or used in connection with the medical use of marihuana, as allowed under this act, or acts incidental to such use, shall not be seized or forfeited.

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

but the MOST IMPORTANT RULE is

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility;

Thanks Annnie, thats what I thought, I wanted to be sure. So I can grow outside too as long as it is locked up?

yes, say a wood frame structure with chicken wire or link walls and roof is acceptable from what i have seen and read. as long as you have info posted and a lock on the entrance.

I don't grow at home because I have A couple of 'tweens in the house. My worry is not they would try to use it, but that as they get older they will show off to their friends by telling them that their dad grows marijuana. I don't need every kid at school trying to break into my grow or the police showing up because my kids can't keep their moths shut. Not that they have said anything but I know what I was like in my younger years.

Reasonable precaution. Have a friend who has suffered several losses recently and unfortunately, as good a dad as I know him to be, has one child who is now an adult and apparently VERY disrespectful thief. Tough situation that is discouraging his goal of being a caregiver to others.

the same for growing in any other situation:

© A person shall not be denied custody or visitation of a minor for acting in accordance with this act, unless the person's behavior is such that it creates an unreasonable danger to the minor that can be clearly articulated and substantiated.:

(g) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for providing a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver with marihuana paraphernalia for purposes of a qualifying patient's medical use of marihuana.

(h) Any marihuana, marihuana paraphernalia, or licit property that is possessed, owned, or used in connection with the medical use of marihuana, as allowed under this act, or acts incidental to such use, shall not be seized or forfeited.

(i) A person shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, solely for being in the presence or vicinity of the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, or for assisting a registered qualifying patient with using or administering marihuana.

but the MOST IMPORTANT RULE is

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility;

Riiiiight...Tell that to PetoskeyStoned....

I don't grow at home because I have A couple of 'tweens in the house. My worry is not they would try to use it, but that as they get older they will show off to their friends by telling them that their dad grows marijuana. I don't need every kid at school trying to break into my grow or the police showing up because my kids can't keep their moths shut. Not that they have said anything but I know what I was like in my younger years.

i hear you there, _______! I am going to grow in doors. I do have kids. But i am going to keep as much of a secret from the oldest for as long as possible. The door will be locked, and it is an area where she rarely goes anyway. I can just make it even more rare! And i am going to pip out the heat and odor through a laundry duct to help as well.

I grow and have a 5 year old daughter who is pretty smart but she knows that she isn't allowed in "Daddy's Office" but I understand with teenagers that could be a TASK....

As for my landlord, my daughters mom, and everyone else

What they DON'T KNOW won't hurt them :thumbsu:

i hear you there, _______! I am going to grow in doors. I do have kids. But i am going to keep as much of a secret from the oldest for as long as possible. The door will be locked, and it is an area where she rarely goes anyway. I can just make it even more rare! And i am going to pip out the heat and odor through a laundry duct to help as well.

If you teach your kids about what might happen if they say anything to anyone they shoulnd't talk if they aren't braindead. Mine know what I am going to be doing and have also seen the petoskey stoned video about what happened to the kids in that situation..They have also seen run from the cure so they can better understand why I will be doing it. When they are teens one would hope the envioment will be a bit different as far as MM goes here in Michigan. If not they will be trained. If they do talk oh well I know my room is secure...And I am legal

I hear ya on that, ItsSortaLegal. My younger kids will know the whole truth. but, with the oldest one, it's more complicated. She has a crazy mom, that could complicate my life and cause a LOT of unwanted drama. I would like to state for the record, i DO NOT want to make any sort of Case Law out of family's home.

I'm in the same boat I would love to grow my own simply for the benefit of making things outta the scraps And of course the satisfaction of a job well done. But I have a small home and 2 children ... My oldest knows all about the difference between use and abuse and right from left she knows and understands this isnt a party im in pain my youngest just knows to stay outta the music room. I got smart kids along with a psycho ex she would without a doubt make my life a living hell. Now if I had a bigger home with more room I would be on it like a fly on (I can't convey a point without vulgarities)

I've never been able to lie to my kids. Mostly because that is my biggest pet peeve. It does take a little effort but explaining everything honestly shows the kids respect & they will appreciate that, & it teaches them its ok to talk about issues that might make both parents & kids a little uncomfortable.

This is my second time through the dare gauntlet. First with my kids, now with my grand kids. Have talked to Sheriff & he is ok with the MMj thing. I'll be looking to see if it is incorporated into the dare class this year. My grand kids are ready.

I feel for you all that have to deal with an ex who may use this against you. Its not cool, That kind of thing is never in the best interest of the kids & probably does them harm. But the stigma attached still carries weight with FOC. Be sure you are within the law & can prove the Kids are in no danger. Large grows will always be a problem with kids IMO as one could argue it could be a security issue.

I know my Grand kids (they live with me) have been the best therapy I could have. We have a new baby in the house & I feel rejuvenated. I love what my MMj has done for me but if it was the Kids or it , It's a no brainier. Kids come first..... I respect those that do not grow because of that.

Mutual respect & eduction is the key. With the love & respect I show them everyday & the giving them the facts in a way they can understand removes the stress that they must feel when then get contradictory information & strengthens the family unit.

I am confident that my kids will handle this & be better adults for the experience. An open mind is an enlightened mind................

Hope everyone is having a great weekend !!!

Ps... I had great parents but I still remember every lie they told me, They thought they were protecting me. I learned from that mistake.................

Ps... I had great parents but I still remember every lie they told me, They thought they were protecting me. I learned from that mistake.................

I actually blame my parents for the mistakes I made because the lied to me. The false and lack of knowledge they gave me, and because they are my parents I believed them. So I will not make the mistakes my parents made and I promote the truth in our house. If teaching your kids about life is illegal, then arrest me now!

I actually blame my parents for the mistakes I made because the lied to me. The false and lack of knowledge they gave me, and because they are my parents I believed them. So I will not make the mistakes my parents made and I promote the truth in our house. If teaching your kids about life is illegal, then arrest me now!

It's sad when you remember nothing of what your parents said to you... only blur of what they yelled at you. I will not do that to my kids.

It's sad when you remember nothing of what your parents said to you... only blur of what they yelled at you. I will not do that to my kids.

That is sad, and did happen a little from my dad, but pretty much I trusted what they told me only to find out that it was a flat out lie. Also a lot of "Me "Why is that bad?" Parents "Because I said so!"". They didnt give me all bad advice, but a more than half was bad advice.

I agree with you guys .... I teach my children from my mistakes and my parents mistakes..... It's sad when parents live there lives telling lies thinking they are protecting you.... I'm very straight forward with my kids and tell them ..... You see how I struggle everyday I dropped outta high school ....had I stayed I would have a good job nice house and less financial stress ..... Both my kids do very very well in school even with there tattooed pierced heavy metal dad lol

I hear ya on that, ItsSortaLegal. My younger kids will know the whole truth. but, with the oldest one, it's more complicated. She has a crazy mom, that could complicate my life and cause a LOT of unwanted drama. I would like to state for the record, i DO NOT want to make any sort of Case Law out of family's home.

Well we as parents lie to kids from everything to santa clause to McDonalds is broken. If there is one thing in my opinion you should NOT le to your kids about it is this. Giving them a crash course about how MM works for so many things when they may need it (if you are even around by then) could prove harder to do if the day comes that they need it. Let the school system and Leo leo lie to them about how awful this plant is then educate them when they get hoe. If other people are allowed to raise their kids how they want why should we for some reason feel guilty or wrong for how and what we teach them? I mean I personally think it is wrong for a parent to push god and church on their kids from a young age because you are deciding for them at an impressionable age what religion they will be rather than allowing them to live life get older and decide for themselves. However having said that I would never persecute a person for doing that and I expect the same from others...

Archived