Mild Dementia And Mmj ?

I have a 73 yr old client with a "mild" dementia. He is being treated by his MD with Aricept, Zoloft and Buspar. He is considering MMJ. Can those of you give me info re how it may have reversed or stopped or had no effect on your mental status. Many thanks in advance.\

Dr. Jinx

I see a lot of reads but no postings....do we not have anyone who shows improved memory with MMJ ?

dr. Jinx

I was infected with Lyme's disease in 1998. I went without treatment because I was misdiagnosed and before I received proper medication it had transferred into my spinal fluid. The effects on my memory were scary. I had complete black-outs then got to the point where I had much trouble staying focused. The disease went chronic and last time I was screened in 2004 I was still pos+ LD.

I've tried just about everything but hyperbaric oxygen therapy which I would like to do, but this disease has kept me out of work for the better part of 5 years and I currently have no insurance or means to pay for it. My immune system is weak and I had to give up teaching children because I was getting bronchial infections whenever I was near any with cold symptoms. I just recovered from an extended case of pneumonia.

What I noticed was that mmj helped my memory problems that started when I first contracted LD. It gave me the ability to stay focused, concentrate and remember both short and long term. It also helped considerably with the aggressive edge that LD causes. I still loose some long term memory which is still unsettling. However, mmj also helps the anxiety over the problems that seem to be here for the duration. Because LD has some similarities to Syphilis I think that the effects on the brain are likely to be similar to mild dementia.

I'd really like to find a research group working with cannabis oil and help to forward knowledge about a cure to this little know but wide spread disease(Lyme's Disease). I (really) can't wait until I get settled in MI (or any compassionate state for that matter) and can use mmj once again. Without using it I'm not very mentally on cue...but I get by.

I have a 73 yr old client with a "mild" dementia. He is being treated by his MD with Aricept, Zoloft and Buspar. He is considering MMJ. Can those of you give me info re how it may have reversed or stopped or had no effect on your mental status. Many thanks in advance.\

Dr. Jinx

Show Me the Facts

Cannabis 'could stop dementia in its tracks'

The articles suggest that it can have a preventative component so if it improves the patients overall quality of life it would seem appropriate. There would be many factors to consider including family support.

I was infected with Lyme's disease in 1998. I went without treatment because I was misdiagnosed and before I received proper medication it had transferred into my spinal fluid. The effects on my memory were scary. I had complete black-outs then got to the point where I had much trouble staying focused. The disease went chronic and last time I was screened in 2004 I was still pos+ LD.

I've tried just about everything but hyperbaric oxygen therapy which I would like to do, but this disease has kept me out of work for the better part of 5 years and I currently have no insurance or means to pay for it. My immune system is weak and I had to give up teaching children because I was getting bronchial infections whenever I was near any with cold symptoms. I just recovered from an extended case of pneumonia.

What I noticed was that mmj helped my memory problems that started when I first contracted LD. It gave me the ability to stay focused, concentrate and remember both short and long term. It also helped considerably with the aggressive edge that LD causes. I still loose some long term memory which is still unsettling. However, mmj also helps the anxiety over the problems that seem to be here for the duration. Because LD has some similarities to Syphilis I think that the effects on the brain are likely to be similar to mild dementia.

I'd really like to find a research group working with cannabis oil and help to forward knowledge about a cure to this little know but wide spread disease(Lyme's Disease). I (really) can't wait until I get settled in MI (or any compassionate state for that matter) and can use mmj once again. Without using it I'm not very mentally on cue...but I get by.

Many thanks for your response.!!!!! Many years ago I had a client who had LD and it essentially destroyed her !!! How I wish I could have imparted your bravery and and experience in trying the MMJ route. I will make sure my friend sees your posting.

Dr. Jim

Many thanks for your response.!!!!! Many years ago I had a client who had LD and it essentially destroyed her !!! How I wish I could have imparted your bravery and and experience in trying the MMJ route. I will make sure my friend sees your posting.

Dr. Jim

Thanks Dr. J,

Destroyed my life...well, the fight ain't over! Really hope to find some kind of kind work situation soon in Michigan so I can stop being a homeless wonder and criminal in 36 states just for trying to have any quality of existence...and stay off of welfare. I haven't taken a dime in over 10 years and worked only 3 years in that space.

Time after time the potential offers for a temporary nesting spot have been falling into oblivion which isn't really helping with the bravery part...but I'll keep on truckin :thumbsu:

Archived