Help 12 Plant 2 1/2Oz Rule

MellowFellow

How do you keep 12 plants in a perpetual cycle and only have 12 plants total year round?

I guess everyone is doing their own thing to deal with the 12 plant and 2 1/2Oz rule. I want to know how you do it?

I mean take 1 clone every 2 weeks or one clone per month? Hmmmm I guess it depends on personal consumption. Ok, How about 1 quarter Oz a week?

Anyone?

Thank You for any help. :)

You don't. 6 flowering with 6 clones. Or one mother plant with 5 clones and 5 flowering. Or 12 seeds half of which you will throw away because they will be male. Or 12 seeds that are feminized then you may get 10 females. You get the idea. Work within the law.

Let's be real. 6 plants flowering every 6 to 8 weeks or so is probably enough for most people. Most people are concerned about what to do with their extra not if they are going to have enough.

How do you keep 12 plants in a perpetual cycle and only have 12 plants total year round?

I guess everyone is doing their own thing to deal with the 12 plant and 2 1/2Oz rule. I want to know how you do it?

I mean take 1 clone every 2 weeks or one clone per month? Hmmmm I guess it depends on personal consumption. Ok, How about 1 quarter Oz a week?

Anyone?

Thank You for any help. :)

12 PLANT PERPETUAL BEDROOM GROW

so you wanna turn an extra bedroom into a grow room. 12 plant limit..... perpetual....... harvesting 1-2 ounces about every 9 days i figure. with our limitations, a mother or 2 is possible, but i would pick good strains, cause you gonna be smoking a lot of it :) depends on your preference. too bad we can't have more mothers :)

ok....... you gonna have to build a cab or something for the mom and clones. nothing extravagant.... just something with a few cfl's in it to get clones rooted and to keep mom kinda small. if you dont want to build a cab, i guess you could just use the 600w MH for moms, clones, and veg....... just make sure moms and clones are pretty far away from the light. whatever you want, but i would use the tent for flowering and the rest of the open space for veg/clones/mothers

so we have 2 moms.... 2 plants down, 10 to go. im seeing 6 in flower at all times.

lets cut it into 9 day segments. if 12 weeks is 84 days, lets make ten 9-day segments......... equals 90 days. good cycle time.

2 mothers (numbered #1 and #2 in diagram below) and then:

1-8 new clone cutting being rooted #3

9-17 one plant in veg #4

18-27 one plant in veg #5

28-36 one plant in veg #6

37-45 one plant freshly moved to the flower room #7

46-54 one plant in the 2 week stretch #8

55-63 one plant just over 2 week stretch and blooming #9

64-72 one plant packing on weight #10

73-81 one plant finishing weight packing #11

82-90 one plant in flush #12

i think thats 12 :) every 9 days you would be harvesting one plant, and cutting a new clone off the mothers. switching mothers every other 9 days. yup, so every 9th day a plant moves up in the order until finish. this is once again, assuming about a 12.5 week cycle.

so under your 600w MH you would have the 2 mothers, one freshly rooted clone, and 3 plants at various stages of veg state. thats 6 plants.

and then in the flower tent, there are another 6 plants 9 days apart. plant one is just entering the tent, and plant 6 is on its way to the chopping block.

the veg/clone area could either be a grow tent or a wood/panda film room.

days 1-8 new clone cutting being rooted #3

9-17 one plant in veg #4

med_gallery_13801_60_7437.jpg

I keep 1 mother of my favorite strain at that time and i get clones from a close friend here on this site for variety and usually keep 5-7 plants in flower at all times growing from clones insures that theres no wasted time looking for banana sacks. :blink:

For those with no clone access learn how to clone asap that my friends is the key to an uninterrupted supply of dank smoke. :thumbsu:

another idea is to graft different strains on to your mother plant so you can have 1 mother plant that is say 4 strains or more, just start off with a bushy indica for the base. another idea to keep your numbers down is to root your clones while they are still connected to the base so clones down factor in to the count.

AWESOME IDEA!

I was wondering how to have multiple strains and keep within the law. Perfect! I can totally graft too I have an apple tree with 3 types of apples on it. I should have thought of this already! Thanks for the idea.

Nice! With Bubblegrowers method I can have a couple moms with flavors galore grafted on them and clone away!!! Perfect! :goodjob:

Bubblegrower, you've forgotten some plants here. You have plants that are hanging in the drying room, not yet "usable material". Those plants either go against your count of 12, or the go against your 2.5 oz. of finished product. They are not finished product as of yet, as they are still drying, so they must go against your plant count...Peace...j.b.

12 PLANT PERPETUAL BEDROOM GROW

so you wanna turn an extra bedroom into a grow room. 12 plant limit..... perpetual....... harvesting 1-2 ounces about every 9 days i figure. with our limitations, a mother or 2 is possible, but i would pick good strains, cause you gonna be smoking a lot of it :) depends on your preference. too bad we can't have more mothers :)

ok....... you gonna have to build a cab or something for the mom and clones. nothing extravagant.... just something with a few cfl's in it to get clones rooted and to keep mom kinda small. if you dont want to build a cab, i guess you could just use the 600w MH for moms, clones, and veg....... just make sure moms and clones are pretty far away from the light. whatever you want, but i would use the tent for flowering and the rest of the open space for veg/clones/mothers

so we have 2 moms.... 2 plants down, 10 to go. im seeing 6 in flower at all times.

lets cut it into 9 day segments. if 12 weeks is 84 days, lets make ten 9-day segments......... equals 90 days. good cycle time.

1-8 new clone cutting being rooted #3

9-17 one plant in veg #4

i think thats 12 :) every 9 days you would be harvesting one plant, and cutting a new clone off the mothers. switching mothers every other 9 days. yup, so every 9th day a plant moves up in the order until finish. this is once again, assuming about a 12.5 week cycle.

so under your 600w MH you would have the 2 mothers, one freshly rooted clone, and 3 plants at various stages of veg state. thats 6 plants.

and then in the flower tent, there are another 6 plants 9 days apart. plant one is just entering the tent, and plant 6 is on its way to the chopping block.

the veg/clone area could either be a grow tent or a wood/panda film room.

The perpetual grow is very cool. I have have built a variation of the stinkbuddies system. So having plants at different heights in each area would be a problem. To do perpetual grow you need to have plants in individual containers so you can adjust the heights as needed.

Here is a question I have had for some time. I see people talk about mother plants. I get the concept. But is there a problem if taking a clone from a clone from a clone etc . . . That would seem easier than maintaining a mother that is always going to need pruning and care. Also it takes up one on the plant count that is not producing. My guess is a clone from a clone will weaken the strain. I have not read this anywhere so I would like the real scoop.

The perpetual grow is very cool. I have have built a variation of the stinkbuddies system. So having plants at different heights in each area would be a problem. To do perpetual grow you need to have plants in individual containers so you can adjust the heights as needed.

Here is a question I have had for some time. I see people talk about mother plants. I get the concept. But is there a problem if taking a clone from a clone from a clone etc . . . That would seem easier than maintaining a mother that is always going to need pruning and care. Also it takes up one on the plant count that is not producing. My guess is a clone from a clone will weaken the strain. I have not read this anywhere so I would like the real scoop.

ive read both ways - group A thinks successive clone generations don't weaken the the strain, group B says that you can do 8-10 or so of these "generations" before the strain is just too weak to bother keeping around.

i guess the only way is to try it, but it seems like you would spend years experimenting with this as a single mother, if treated well, will last quite a long time.

I had a grower friend tell me to hold back a plant from final chop if you still have useable material left from the last chop. He said just leave it tact and let that final flush watering dry up and don't water anymore and don't chop it. This will keep useable material weight down and that plant will still be drying up for final cure. Assuming this hold back won't increase plant count when the next clone is taken.

Arrgh! Man! Keeping everything legal is a job in itself!!--totally worth the effort though- I like my family and assets and wish to keep them! Stay away from me Smokey! I doing my best to do it right :growl:

I had a grower friend tell me to hold back a plant from final chop if you still have useable material left from the last chop. He said just leave it tact and let that final flush watering dry up and don't water anymore and don't chop it. This will keep useable material weight down and that plant will still be drying up for final cure. Assuming this hold back won't increase plant count when the next clone is taken.

Arrgh! Man! Keeping , everything legal is a job in itself!!--totally worth the effort though- I like my family and assets and wish to keep them! Stay away from me Smokey! I doing my best to do it right :growl:

a few other options besides screwing with a plant in its final days. my theory is chop it when its ready......... or when you are......... whichever comes first.

if you begin to run into the "problem" of producing meds faster than your patients need it, you have stumbled upon the best problem you could imagine.

first, you could be a bit imaginative with your overages. butters, oils, medibles, and tinctures use a TON of meds, and i have yet to see a judge weigh a bowl of butter in court and have it count towards the 2.5oz of usable meds we are allowed to have on-hand.

same goes with your patients.......... turn them on to medibles. they may like it, they may not............. but if they do, you are going to be using more meds than normal.

patient to patient transfers. some patients out there cannot grow for themselves and have gotten caught up in the "bad c.g. scene".......... they depend on dispensaries or private overages to medicate.

make a donation to your local compassion club. what comes around goes around. you never know when you may need something from said club..... beans, construction help..... ect.

there are more options than messing up your plant count and grow schedule :)

Bubblegrower, you've forgotten some plants here. You have plants that are hanging in the drying room, not yet "usable material". Those plants either go against your count of 12, or the go against your 2.5 oz. of finished product. They are not finished product as of yet, as they are still drying, so they must go against your plant count...Peace...j.b.

a plant must have roots to be considered a plant and count towards your plant count. a hanging plant does not/should not be hanging with roots on it. therefore it is not a plant and does not count towards your plant count.

a freshly hung plant is not usable meds is it?

a battle for some court case.......... but the facts are the facts....... a freshly hung plant is not usable meds.

and see my post above on what to do with your overages.

72 plant perpetual grows are happening all over the place. legally.

ive read both ways - group A thinks successive clone generations don't weaken the the strain, group B says that you can do 8-10 or so of these "generations" before the strain is just too weak to bother keeping around.

i guess the only way is to try it, but it seems like you would spend years experimenting with this as a single mother, if treated well, will last quite a long time.

Thanks for the info. A long time ago I would take a plant that was to be harvested and only harvest the largest buds. Then I would put it back into a 18 hour on room to get it growing again and take cuttings from that. Again I don't know what I was doing to the quality of that strain but it did work.

If it can go for 8-10 generations then I will just do that. By that many generations I will be ready for a different strain anyway. :D

a few other options besides screwing with a plant in its final days. my theory is chop it when its ready......... or when you are......... whichever comes first.

if you begin to run into the "problem" of producing meds faster than your patients need it, you have stumbled upon the best problem you could imagine.

first, you could be a bit imaginative with your overages. butters, oils, medibles, and tinctures use a TON of meds, and i have yet to see a judge weigh a bowl of butter in court and have it count towards the 2.5oz of usable meds we are allowed to have on-hand.

same goes with your patients.......... turn them on to medibles. they may like it, they may not............. but if they do, you are going to be using more meds than normal.

patient to patient transfers. some patients out there cannot grow for themselves and have gotten caught up in the "bad c.g. scene".......... they depend on dispensaries or private overages to medicate.

make a donation to your local compassion club. what comes around goes around. you never know when you may need something from said club..... beans, construction help..... ect.

there are more options than messing up your plant count and grow schedule :)

The medibles and tinctures of course! :devil: I really need to head in that direction anyways the ole' lungaroos are getting old. :thumbsu:

Geez! Bubblegrower, I wish I could download your brain. :gym: What fantastic ways of covering overages. :sword:

I really enjoy your knowledge base. Thank You for the guidence.

How do you keep 12 plants in a perpetual cycle and only have 12 plants total year round?I guess everyone is doing their own thing to deal with the 12 plant and 2 1/2Oz rule. I want to know how you do it?I mean take 1 clone every 2 weeks or one clone per month? Hmmmm I guess it depends on personal consumption. Ok, How about 1 quarter Oz a week? Anyone?Thank You for any help. :)

Great Question, with alot of different answers. I like to keep things simple. I have set up several Patients with very simple systems, most of them on a super tight budget, and limited space. They are mostly independant Patients/Growers now, growing enough Medicinal Quality Meds to be self sufficient, and often, enough left over to thank their Mentor... lol.

For a perp, you will need 2 seperate, light tight areas, or atleast 1 for 12/12, you can always run your clone/veg area 24/7. Basically, the concept is to have 1 clone/veg station of 4 plants, and 2 - 4 plant stations in 12/12 spaced 4 weeks apart. This way you can harvest 4 plants every 4 weeks with 8 week strains. I favor DIY Aerocloners for fast rooting and vegging. Simply take 4 cuttings from your 4 plants going into flower and put into the DIY AeroCloner. In 4 weeks repeat. From then on, every 4 weeks you will be Harvesting 4 plants, moving the plants from the AeroCloner/Vegger into 12/12, and taking 4 cuttings for the now empty Aerocloner. This system works perfectly with BG's Bubble Totes w/4 per tote in 12/12. A 400w HPS can easily provide enough light for 2 totes, and provide from 1-3 ounces per plant. With all the terrific Online Mentors like BG, you are almost guarenteed success on your 1st run.

Good Luck +rep

What about section 8 ? I've talked to MMJ lawyers and section 8 appears to be the catch-22 re: the 2 1/2 oz. rule, in favor of the patient having more than 2 1/2 oz.Section 8 says something to the effect,(I don't have the law in front of me) Enough to maintain a steady supply ,, who decides that ? The patient!! Anybody else ever heard this from a credible source. My info came from someone in the legal portion of this movement. He warns that this will probably have to be borne out through the courts, but ultimately is the intent of the law.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-Initiated-Law-1-of-2008

Thats the link to the law,

"(d) There shall be a presumption that a qualifying patient or primary caregiver is engaged in the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act if the qualifying patient or primary caregiver:

(1) is in possession of a registry identification card; and

(2) is in possession of an amount of marihuana that does not exceed the amount allowed under this act.

What you might have heard was result of MM cases decided in other states. I believe Ca. returned MM to a patient, and dismissed charges of being overage.

-DN

I keep 1 mother of my favorite strain at that time and i get clones from a close friend here on this site for variety and usually keep 5-7 plants in flower at all times growing from clones insures that theres no wasted time looking for banana sacks. :blink:

For those with no clone access learn how to clone asap that my friends is the key to an uninterrupted supply of dank smoke. :thumbsu:

It's cool to have a friend who shares but it's best to make your own clones. I just recovered from a mite infestation that lasted months. Why? Because I let my guard down and trusted somebody I shouldn't have. Quarantine all plants b4 bringing them into your grow room.

Also clones can hermie. I had to toss a sour diesel a friend gave me because she hermied in my flower room. Luckily I caught it early enough and only had one. Don't put all your eggs in one basket and once you find something that works and grows well for you, make a mom.

another idea is to graft different strains on to your mother plant so you can have 1 mother plant that is say 4 strains or more, just start off with a bushy indica for the base. another idea to keep your numbers down is to root your clones while they are still connected to the base so clones down factor in to the count.

Have you tried this? I did last winter and I can tell you that it's no picnic. What method do you use?

The biggest problem I found is when you attach a cutting to the mom plant you have to keep it moist just like when cloning. you also can't let the cutting get blasted with light. You pretty much need to keep you graft mom under florescent lighting to give the mom enough light to stay alive and healthy while not slamming the cutting with light.

I did have success but I'm not so sure this is a practical way to keep a variety of strains.

If you have some tips my ears are to the wall.

What about section 8 ? I've talked to MMJ lawyers and section 8 appears to be the catch-22 re: the 2 1/2 oz. rule, in favor of the patient having more than 2 1/2 oz.Section 8 says something to the effect,(I don't have the law in front of me) Enough to maintain a steady supply ,, who decides that ? The patient!! Anybody else ever heard this from a credible source. My info came from someone in the legal portion of this movement. He warns that this will probably have to be borne out through the courts, but ultimately is the intent of the law.

Section 8 comes in AFTER you have been arrested.

It is your "Defense"

Archived