9 replies to this topic

#1 Dbyrd

Dbyrd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:42 PM

As a medical marijuana patient can I legally purchase seeds off the internet? If not where do I get them?

#2 AbsoluteRoyal

AbsoluteRoyal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:39 AM

yes and no. It is Illegal still to import them because that is federal mail. That being said the most they will do take your seeds and leave you with a note if you get caught. The Attitude seedbank and a few others are good and offer discrete shipping. Dr. Greenthumb up in Canada has some good genetics and will ship to the U.S. but he can be a little pricey if your starting out or low on cash.

I know Indica Jones here has some good seeds for reasonable. Also Tricloud from Tricloud gentics is on the forums as well, if you are trying to keep some of that cash here in michigan.

#3 skunk86

skunk86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:14 AM

Is it legal for medical patients to buy/sell/have seeds?????

#4 AbsoluteRoyal

AbsoluteRoyal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

Protections for Patients:
"A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marijuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marijuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marijuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marijuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marijuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount."

#5 lawyercaregiver

lawyercaregiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationCyberspace Michigan

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

That quoted statute does not allow seed sales but only possession of seeds. There is a big difference if you are thinking about setting up a seed shop.

#6 AbsoluteRoyal

AbsoluteRoyal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

That quoted statute does not allow seed sales but only possession of seeds. There is a big difference if you are thinking about setting up a seed shop.

is there anything else in the law pertaining to seeds?

#7 Grow Thread

Grow Thread

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

is there anything else in the law pertaining to seeds?

as far as i have seen, there is no other written laws in our state pertaining to seeds at this time.

#8 HydroH

HydroH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

The postal service is a federal thing, OK, so via Internet no, but is it legal for a dispensary to sell seeds to their patients?

#9 Nemosity

Nemosity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationThumb

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

Although as I patient I believe I should have the right to shop around and dispensaries serve that purpose as well as many others, dispensaries themselves are an entirely different thing compared to seeds. And I just don't want to touch on that.

So if your asking if it is legal for you to buy seeds? I'd say yes, clearly the intent of the law wasn't to hang suffering patients out to dry by pulling a bait and switch like the feds did years ago with the tax stamp. The intent as I read it, clearly points to patients and caregivers having seeds, growing MM, and consuming MM to treat their health. However, I would still not try to order through the mail, but that's me personally. It's just the Fed thing is real and you never know what they have up their sleeve. If you want seeds I would get them here in Mi.

#10 RobertStevens

RobertStevens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:27 PM

I would be curious to know whether or not using a non-USPS carrier like UPS or Fedex would be better than the USPS in this case? Well just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users