Rally This Monday September 13

How can we get more people to attend next time? Uhhh Perhaps don't hold the rally during a time where the majority of the state isn't at work. Ohh wait this is Michigan I forgot, the majority of the state probably doesn't even have a job. Can u think of a new emerging industry that could possible change that? Hmmmm I wonder...... Not to fret, instead of just criticizing I will also offer a suggestion. A WEEKEND rally at the state capitol in Lansing to demand proper enforcement and, ultimately, IMPROVEMENT AND EXPANSION of this great states medical mariHuana laws. Yours truly here to spread the word for not only positive non-violent activism, but also intelligent and carefully planned activism.

E.S

where to hold a rally on a weekend that would be visible to people and in a meaningful place like say a courthouse?

ummmm

NOwhere

The fact that people take time off from their lives is part of the message in a protest

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

read what the MSP said in the midwest cultivator,he said" we are not here to interpet the law but they read and enforce it"

Really officer? maybe the other cops didnt get the memo??Because this is the opposite of what has been happening,when do these cops get arrested and charged with violating HIPPA? I want it on the front page!!

http://themidwestcultivator.com/mc_summer10_3.html

There are a lot of issues being raised and challenged as a result of these recent raids. There are privacy issues, the tragic results of para-military invasions and the traumatic consequences of our civil assett forfeiture laws. Completely innocent patients having medicine taken from them is a great concern as well. Extractions and driving under the influence of cannabis are issues tied into this whole mess, but the fundamental concept of patient to patient transfers being brought into jeapordy, is the scariest.

I have heard of some discussion that some people believe this to be a support rally for dispensaries. One would have to know what the functional definition of dispensary is in order to understand what the concerns are, but this goes well beyond that. No matter what the organizational system is that carries out the spirit and intent of the MMMA, patient to patient transfers being a recognized, allowable practice, is paramount.

This rally is to protect the ability of patients to get an uninterrupted supply of medicine, safely, and without legal risks. This can be done the way that the Dryden Compassion Center or Clinical Relief does it, or in a home, or other venue and manifested in different ways.

If you support the Mich. Medical Marijuana Act, and do not want to see our rights dissolved because this law is an inconvienent obstacle to revenue generation by law enforcement agencies, then join us as the MMMA or as individuals, but join us, so that we can put a stop to this.

I have heard of some discussion that some people believe this to be a support rally for dispensaries.

Thank you because it's NOT about a Dispensaries i know it's not i have been to many clubs i go for support and i get it from them every day

this is about the right to do whats best for you and this is NOT about a Dispensary They are not the only ones that this has happen too

we read on here all most every day that some one got Raided SO if you can come i would be most grateful

I encourage all of our members who want to attend to please do so. It is important that all of our rallies be successful. Tim Beck is attending so I know the message will be clear. I trust Tim to speak for me and he will provide the leadership needed to make this event a success. I am going to try to make it, but I am running a 102 degree fever today. If I can't make it, you folks giver hell for me. I never implied our folks shouldn't go. We must become one. We must unite. We must teach this tyrant that the law is still sacred in this country. Thanks, BB

I never implied our folks shouldn't go.

am so glad you said that because some people read it like that now every one knows and for the people that did not know i will tell them

get some rest BB and take two on something and feel better and when Tim speaks he can speak for me to and when he is done i will speak for the people that are on the Front lines i wont say much.

But what we have said from day one

LEAVE THE PATIENCE ALONE

I never implied our folks shouldn't go.

am so glad you said that because some people read it like that now every one knows and for the people that did not know i will tell them

get some rest BB and take two on something and feel better and when Tim speaks he can speak for me to and when he is done i will speak for the people that are on the Front lines i wont say much.

But what we have said from day one

LEAVE THE PATIENTS ALONE:growl:

I think the rallies are about the rights of this community, including the right to be protected as the law says we are, and have the medical records be protected, too, just like the law says. Gee, when some people make laws, they sure expect everyone to follow them, but when WE make a law, they sure don't like it.

My thoughts on the dispensaries: I see nothing about them in the law, BUT somehow someone managed to find a loophole that may make them legal. Hey, every day, some scuzball politician, corporate exec, lawyer, businessperson finds loopholes in the laws, and THEY get away with it. I still think the caregiver/patient system is the best idea, and a compassion club that could help those with no cg to find one. CC's are a wonderful idea, though the one in my area is virtually dead, despite efforts by me and 3 or 4 others, to revive it, so we split off into a support group which is just getting started. Anyway, I got lucky when I found a cg, I already knew someone and when he got to his pt limit he found one for me. I've spoken to them often and they are truly compassionate. My intuition tells me that now is not the time to have dispensaries till there's a clear definition and guidelines for them to operate by. Anyone I know who's planning to open one, I asked them to reconsider, at least for awhile. Please understand, I'm not against them. Our law needs improvement, with regulations for dispensaries that are fair and just, though I know asking for fairness and justice is quite a stretch but we can still try; so I hope those who truly have our best interest at heart have a strong enough voice to make it happen. I think right now we need to keep our focus on our rights that this law already clearly defines and protects, which include the privacy of the medical records.

To our opponents and skeptics, I say, LEAVE US ALONE, GET OUT OF THE WAY AND GIVE This A CHANCE to work. Any law may work well in theory, it's only in practice that we can see what we can do to make it better, in a way that benefits EVERYONE.

Sb, real sorry I can't be at these rallies.

We are currently working on an unity rally. Tim and I were talking about having one on the 18th. We may have to move that date. With the election season approaching I would definately like to hear from Tim and if we could get Chuck Ream, Rev. Steve and some others, that would be great. I want all the organizations to sit down together. We can accomplish much as a team. We were talking about Lansing. We could get some folks to play some tunes, maybe watch a few movies together as well as our get out the vote meeting.

Bob, Greg and Brad are welcome to post anything they wish. They have never been made to feel unwelcome, just the opposite. The MMMA is not about money. I will swear to that, because we run at a deficit each and every month. We have donors that only request banners as payments. They leave the direction of the MMMA up to the MMMA. The MMMA will never ever be about who sits in the board room again. Board room drama is a complete waste of time and energy. There is nothing secretive, sexy or anything but wear and tear involved in running a complex organization. If you think that going to Oakland County put a penny in my pocket you are kidding yourself. It came directly out of my pocket and my disability check. I can't be bought for any amount of money, neither can the MMMA. Our actions speak much louder than our words. I am proud of our organization for all it has done and all it will do. We are selfless. We are here for the community as a whole.

I want to give a big thumbs up to this post!

Mizerman :goodjob:

Guest Marywanna

My focus and interest is pts. Seizing records protected by our Constitutional Rights,and preventing us from aquiring our LEGAL MMJ. Simple as that. This should be a nationwide story. I am now a paid member,and think this group is doing just fine. And I don't think Sb should have gotten neg rep for his opinion. In some ways,the CCs and Dispensaries have caused more problems. There are no guidelines,and if there were, they should be for US as Voters to set,not LEO. Legislators better stop the fence sitting and get some backbone. I am going to a local TB meeting in my township. At a future time,our group will be able to question the candidates in person. Now I have to figure out how to ask the candidates stand on the MMJ law,without FREAKING everybody else out. This is ALSO GOVT interference with OUR RIGHTS as legal MMJ Pts.

I read the question about buses and wheelchairs. The bus company was unable to supply us with wheelchair-enabled transportation, but if you want to take your personal wheelchair-equipped vehicle we can help you get there. Call the telephone number in the first post and they'll make sure you are taken care of.

So, people think the rally on Monday is all about dispensaries? I hadn't heard that. Let's clear the air about that right now.

The protest on Monday is all about the rights of patients to enjoy the freedoms given to them by the People of the state of Michigan. The freedom to be a patient and not be penalized because of it. The freedom to possess medication that was grown, not synthesized, and not have it taken from you. The freedom to cultivate your own small garden and enjoy the fruits of your labor without worrying that your investment in lights, fans and nutrients is going to be ripped up and destroyed by LEO. The freedom to seek relief from the ailment that is your own personal hell, without fear that your children or property can be ripped from you and forfeited to the State.

The protest on Monday is all about accountability to the People by government. Accountability to the people is honoring the restrictions a judge puts on a search warrant. Accountability to the people is respecting the rule of law by not compromising medical confidentiality and privacy. Accountability to the people is following the law as written, not as you wish it to be, and that means giving MDCH registrants the presumption of innocence and protection from searches and seizures. Accountability to the people is investigating the investigators when they have gone outside the boundaries of their authority.

The protest on Monday is all about unifying the medical marijuana community. Unification brings us respect in the media, both local and national, and keeps the message on topic and logical. Unification allows us to pool resources and research to advance our cause through education of citizens and municipalities alike. Unification empowers us to leverage those political entities who respect nothing other than litigation and voter perception, wherever in the state those entities happen to be hiding. Unification's greatest accomplishment may be greater attendance at rallies, more citizen involvement, and the conversion of skeptics to a more compassionate attitude.

If these things are what you believe in, if these goals are what you've been working for all along, get your behind to either of the two protests: Lapeer County Sheriff's Office at 12:30, or Oakland County Sheriff's Office at 3:30. Joe, my brother, sorry to hear that you're not well; get there, if you can, even if it's not for long. Some people won't believe we're unified unless they see it with their own eyes.

Thanks to all the people who support medical marijuana patients throughout the state. This one's for you.

Rick Thompson

Event Coordinator

248 721-3518

Rick, I'd have to die to get to feeling better, but if it will unify us, I'll do my best to make the Oakland Protest. Please give me the address and directions please.

We will never leave our brothers and sisters on the battle field. This sheriff is still spewing his venomous lies. He is using the sick to bolster his failed political ambitions. I urge everyone who can, to attend these protest. It is imperative that none of our rallies fail. This evil man must never taste victory, because he feeds on the misery of others. Our failures will only make him stronger.

Never again must we allow our disagreements over the law divide us. We must unify around the issues we agree on and compromise on other issues and just agree to disagree on others. Our strength is in our unity. We are the sick, but we are strong. They can never defeat us. We can only do that ourselves. Look for the sick guy tomorrow. Thanks, Joe

Right around the corner from where we were on Wednesday. A couple hundred yards to the North. Buses will be on-site by 3:30 in front of the Sheriff's Department, 38 East Building, 1200 N. Telegraph, Pontiac.

I think the rallies are about the rights of this community, including the right to be protected as the law says we are, and have the medical records be protected, too, just like the law says. Gee, when some people make laws, they sure expect everyone to follow them, but when WE make a law, they sure don't like it.

My thoughts on the dispensaries: I see nothing about them in the law, BUT somehow someone managed to find a loophole that may make them legal. Hey, every day, some scuzball politician, corporate exec, lawyer, businessperson finds loopholes in the laws, and THEY get away with it. I still think the caregiver/patient system is the best idea, and a compassion club that could help those with no cg to find one. CC's are a wonderful idea, though the one in my area is virtually dead, despite efforts by me and 3 or 4 others, to revive it, so we split off into a support group which is just getting started. Anyway, I got lucky when I found a cg, I already knew someone and when he got to his pt limit he found one for me. I've spoken to them often and they are truly compassionate. My intuition tells me that now is not the time to have dispensaries till there's a clear definition and guidelines for them to operate by. Anyone I know who's planning to open one, I asked them to reconsider, at least for awhile. Please understand, I'm not against them. Our law needs improvement, with regulations for dispensaries that are fair and just, though I know asking for fairness and justice is quite a stretch but we can still try; so I hope those who truly have our best interest at heart have a strong enough voice to make it happen. I think right now we need to keep our focus on our rights that this law already clearly defines and protects, which include the privacy of the medical records.

To our opponents and skeptics, I say, LEAVE US ALONE, GET OUT OF THE WAY AND GIVE This A CHANCE to work. Any law may work well in theory, it's only in practice that we can see what we can do to make it better, in a way that benefits EVERYONE.

Sb, real sorry I can't be at these rallies.

IT IS NOT A LOOPHOLE

The United States of America is a Positive Law based justice system ergo in order for something to be Illegal it must be SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITED. The statement that "I see nothing about them in the law" is the proof that they are LEGAL. They represent a focal point for patient to patient and secondary caregiver(if one can have a primary then by implication one can have a secondary also the law states that ANYONE assisting a qualified patient is protected from arrest, read IT) negotiated transfers done in a Safe???, discrete and generally amenable environment.

This is basic American Civics and that people like Douchard act like they do not know this fact is iniquitous, self serving corruption of the mind. I can forgive most others this error.

Archived