Looking For The Real Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough Clone

There is a clone only strain that I would love to get my hands on, that strain is Banana Kush. From what I understand, it is only in Colorado. It can be purchased at certain dispensaries there.

If it were not for all the legal BS, I would surely drive down there and get me a cutting!

I suppose the best person to ask who has the real Kyle Kushman SBC would be Kyle Kushman himself. I am sure it is possible, I see articles in High Times a lot where he is featured. Kyle looks kind of young, it is difficult to tell just from a picture though.

It is really difficult on clone only strains to determine if you have the right one. Back in the day, me and two grower friends grew the same strain from cuttings. Each of the three were completely different from each other. They were so different that you could not tell that they were the same strain in appearance and taste. All three were grown in soil, but with different lighting and different growing techniques. The strain that we grew, we called it river weed because the original plant was found growing next to a river! In my opinion, one of the reasons this strain came out so different between growers is that the strain did not have the stability for consistency. Any little change in the grow room can have a huge impact in the final product. I have found some strains that do carry stability in consistency regardless of the minor changes in growing conditions. I have found that to be less common.

I have contacts in Colorado. I can put feelers out for you. Mine was definitely the KKSC, A friend had the Dp version, it was good too but no mistaking them. I will log into 420 genetics and look thru my old pics. KKSC was one of my late fathers favorites for forgeting his pain. It is also what I crossed with the Diesel to make the Scud.

I have contacts in Colorado. I can put feelers out for you. Mine was definitely the KKSC, A friend had the Dp version, it was good too but no mistaking them. I will log into 420 genetics and look thru my old pics. KKSC was one of my late fathers favorites for forgeting his pain. It is also what I crossed with the Diesel to make the Scud.

Wow, that would be great! Here is all the information I have on the Banana Kush. It would be awesome for Michigan growers to get their hands (and scissors) on it.

Banana Kush  High Times Mag 2012 1028

Banana Kush High Times Mag Pic 2012 1028

Edited by GrowGoddess

Thanks a lot for putting up the pics of your SBC. I respect you as a reputable grower. So for the umpteenth time, I have done a lot more research of the original KKSC. Fortunately, there is more information out there now that there was in the past. Unfortunately, much of the information is false or incomplete. However, I did find the appropriate information. It appears to me that you have a re-bred version of strawberry cough from Kyle Kushman. I did not know he re-bred it. The original, known to be extinct, is 100% indica. That is the strain I have. Yours looks like the sativa bread KKSC.Again, I never knew that Kushman re-bread the strain. So, it appears that we are both equally correct! :D

Going by each of our pictures. Yours look very sativa dominant, and mine look to be indica dominant.

Here is the info I have on it.

Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough writeup

Just a note: After three years of growing in consistently, I have learned to give the plant exactly what it wants to where the potency is very high. At one time I considered it my lower potency strain. As for the taste, the fruity/strawberry is very strong and noticeable.

Thanks again SFC!

Now to the OP. Which one is the 'real' Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough? The clone only one or the one he bred?

Edited by GrowGoddess

It is impossible to know for sure, unless you actually obtained the cutting/clone from Kyle Kushman himself.

The DP version, who really knows, there could be so many different phenotypes and grow styles. Not to mention, I won the clone, so I will never know for sure, however, this is the best confirmation I can obtain. I located Kyle Kushman on facebook and asked him to do his best to verify if the plant I have is his version. This is the reply I received.

KK SC Fb confirmation

Also, there is a lot more confusion. Kyle Kushman has more than just the one plant, Strawberry Cough. He is also into breeding. Starberry is a strain that he created by breeding Stardog with the original Strawberry Cough. I am sure he has done other breeding as well with the original Strawberry Cough. It also appears that he is into making organic nutes. With Kyle breeding, and Dutch Passion having SC, not to mention other breeders, it is very difficult to be 100% confident you got what you got unless you ordered the seeds yourself or obtained the cutting from the original grower.

KK Starberry FB

• 2 weeks later...

I'm positive the one i had is the real one , but i didn't clone it ,won't make that mistake again , but i did get selfed seeds from her , so I've got three popped now and can't wait to see if it comes out the same as mom . It was very dense ,super frosty and yield out of a 5 gal smart was 4 zips . one of the best I've done so far .

The guy I got it from got it from him or someone very close to him. It really doesn't matter much to me now as I don't even have it anymore. I am really perplexed that in spite of admitting the pictures were not that great the he would even say by looks alone that was it. But hey, good for you anyway. Considering my clone came directly via overnight from California way back in 07 from a trusted source (that is still a breeder today) before most of you ever even heard of it I am pretty confident in it.

Fusion seeds.

Edited by SFC

• 1 month later...

The guy I got it from got it from him or someone very close to him. It really doesn't matter much to me now as I don't even have it anymore. I am really perplexed that in spite of admitting the pictures were not that great the he would even say by looks alone that was it. But hey, good for you anyway. Considering my clone came directly via overnight from California way back in 07 from a trusted source (that is still a breeder today) before most of you ever even heard of it I am pretty confident in it.

Fusion seeds.

Very disappointed with Kyle. I recently saw his strawberry cough pictures he posted on his facebook page. They don't look anything like mine, they look just like yours. You are right. I cannot believe that with the nice pictures I sent him that he would even say that mine looked like his or could be. They look nothing alike. Yours and Kyles look like sativa and look the same to me. With mine, I have seen one picture from Dutch Passion that is similar to mine, indica. The other pictures I saw from Dutch Passion appear to be more sativa dominant. I guess I have never even sampled the real Kyle Kushman SBC.

I apologize for ever stating that mine was Kushman cut, I was lead to believe that it was.

• 2 months later...

I'm still looking for kksc the beans I had were stolen with a lot of other very nice genetics I had so i had to start over again ,so on goes the hunt for kylekushman strawberrycough clone ..I do have some very nice genetics to trade if someone has the kksc cut . Pics or dry med to check out would be nice if possible but no biggie if not . I have alien grenades ,lemonalien dawg , grapestomper , sourgrapes , extrema , whiteurkle ,whitefire , and other rare and clone only if someone's serious about having kksc or even Ograskal white strawberrycough.. thankyou for looking and good day to everyone .

DGD

• 10 months later...