Suppositories

If patients are too sick too to ingest their meds any other way suppositories may be the answer.

Medical marijuana suppositories are well suited for patients who are unable to eat or smoke medical marijuana.

For maximum efficacy in suppository form, medical marijuana needs to be pulverized to dust. Suppository kits, beeswax and molds are available in health food stores and online.

Caution, beeswax is flammable. And hot wax is hot. The safest way to melt the beeswax is in a double boiler. If you must use a microwave use a low power setting, stop when the wax is half melted and then carefully stir to finish liquefying.

Once the beeswax has melted, gently stir in an equal measure of medical marijuana flour. The resulting mixture should then be molded into shape while still warm. Roll into cylinders or pour into a mold and when cool wrap and store suppositories in waxed paper. Suppositories should be kept in a separate, clearly marked container inside your refrigerator.

http://newmexicann.org/usagetips/alternativestosmoking.html

• 6 months later...

Does anyone know, do nursing homes allow residents to medicate? Whether busted and on Medicare or paying their bill themselves? Think the county pays subsidies for many residents, and is in turn reimbursed by the feds. Are nursing homes like so many private landlords who say not in my house? (Nursing homes do not allow sex between couples, even consenting married adults). My grandfather was threatened with eviction over that one--with his wife. Course, ten years ago, in Illinois.

With my grandma, I had my aunt (who was in charge of her care) ask, when she wouldn't eat and was way over medicated if the dr would even consider MMJ. Apparently the answer was absolutely no because of Medicare and she would be kicked out of the home if she did. Unfortunately (fortunately?) my Grandma did not have enough time left for that battle. I can't say absolutely that the dr wasn't just blowing smoke so he wouldn't have to deal with it. It may be worth it to ask the faciliy anyway.

Wild Bill - despite the jokes and qualms about this idea i believe that its a great one. Sure noone likes to talk about the anus but essentially its a very important and easily overlooked area for obvious reasons lol. However medically it can be used to help in such. I honestly have to say ive had multiple times in my life of being soooooo sick i couldnt keep anything down unless it was an IV in my arm etc.. many times the ONLY option was a supository for medications etc.. and when your in a position where there is literally no other way at that point bend over and give it to me darn it lmao... much much better then suffering any further.. So dont foo foo it off since its a subject many dismiss so easily since its soo "Discusting" to many. But hey thats LIFE. thats part of our body etc. deal with it lol ;)

So again Wild Bill thank you for bringing this to light. There are various degrees of illnesses and ailments that people suffer from and since we are all created differently the more options that are out there the more diverse the help can be. And if that includes Supositories.. well Bring it! :) lol .... Peace and Love to all!!! :)

Does anyone know, do nursing homes allow residents to medicate? Whether busted and on Medicare or paying their bill themselves? Think the county pays subsidies for many residents, and is in turn reimbursed by the feds. Are nursing homes like so many private landlords who say not in my house? (Nursing homes do not allow sex between couples, even consenting married adults). My grandfather was threatened with eviction over that one--with his wife. Course, ten years ago, in Illinois.

I honestly have to say dont get me started on old age homes, hospices etc.. From what I have ever dealt with with them as well as seeing loved ones in them Ive not found one yet that was GOOD! My grandma was soo sick she had to be put into a home for her last days.. When my gpa would go visit her she be wrought with pain and insomnia. When she did get rest she complained they would come in at all hours of the night waking her up poking her and proding her and they werent nice about it, they werent consistent on her cleaning and were harsh with her treatment. My gpa and gma had at this time been married for 66 yrs.. yes MARRIED for 66YRS!!! thats a loooong time to be with someone.. He wasnt going to stand for his only companion and mate to go down like that.. sure he made a comment if they didnt start caring for her better hed see to it theyd be sorry but they literally banned him from seeing her. banned him guys.. 66yrs of marriage. she died 3 days later.. they wouldnt even let him in to see her body to say good bye before they sent her to be cremated. he had no closure, couldnt be with her in her final days and hours, couldnt get them to stop mistreating her and he died 4 yrs later. He was never the same after she was gone.. he was soo alone.. Heartbreaking how they treat people in all those places.. id rather die on the streets then be mistreated like that in my final days or my loved ones... essentially death looks like the better way out.. same as it did for my mom, for ALL my grandparents since all are gone.. i just dont get it and never will... there is no changing it until you can completely change humans and how they run things.. and thats impossible.. peace and love all..

Archived