What's A Fair Charge For Tincture?

motownbass

I have been trying to come up with a fair price for medical tincture. I have had rave reviews from several patients, and came up with this.

A pint (375mL) cost on an average of $12. I use one half ounce of couchlock Indica, which costs $100. I think that a fair price would be $150 a pint. Can anyone help me? Thanks......

its only going to be worth what someone is willing to pay. i know its cliche. if i had 112 bux wrapped up into 1 bottle, i prolly wouldnt make a 2nd until i knew there was some market action for it ya know. i guess technically by the numbers 150 is a fair price, is that like 10 bux a shot/dose?

its only going to be worth what someone is willing to pay. i know its cliche. if i had 112 bux wrapped up into 1 bottle, i prolly wouldnt make a 2nd until i knew there was some market action for it ya know. i guess technically by the numbers 150 is a fair price, is that like 10 bux a shot/dose?

I actually have had over 4 people show and feel the extreme power that this medicine has. One guy has severe distonia e.g. Head and body has uncontrollable movements, and muscle spasms. He took only 1/2 tsp. and his symptoms virtually were cut by 60%! I have severe chronic pain (had) from lumbar degenerative disc disease, and it keeps my pain level down to a 2-4, which is a far cry from before.

I have another fella with multiple sclerosis, and he swears by this product. And he only uses 1 tsp of tincture in a glass of milk every 4 hours.

Ok I broke it down, and by far means this is much cheaper than $12 a pill for marinol.

There are 18 1oz. shots in a pint. So at $8.40 for 1oz. shots x 18 equals 151.20.

There are 6 tsp. in each 1oz. shot (which 1tsp is a normal dose for medicating)

So that breaks down to $1.40 a dose. Very compassionate......

How effective is your Couchlock tincture for insomnia !

Dr. jinx

From my own experience with the Indica strains that I use, have been really great so far. I have actually slept through the night, having to awaken only to pee. I have sever chronic pain from my lower back, which is degenerative disc disease. I used to awaken 5-6 times a night! And I grew out enough, to have more than enough, so I could help others. I now have 2oz. of useable mmj, until my next harvest comes in. Which will be soon, and have just began cloning about 2 days ago LOL! and took two cuttings from a Iranian G13 mom. So far they are holding their own.

But I would definately try a strain by Nirvana as well, the feminized bubblicious. This is the indica that relieves stress, and anxiety. Make tincture from her and you will see...It may take a bigger dose for some severe insominacs. But that's part of the fun.....

I've been making similar 'weak' tinctures for a while now. Generally I use 1 to 1.5 ounces of bud + nice trim per 750ml Bacardi / Everclear. I usually end up with about 650ml of tincture. Effective doses are around 4-7ml with my stuff, similar to MotownBass' dose size of 1 tsp. That adds up to 100+ doses from a starting amount of 1.5 ounces -- pretty decent for edibles!

I think it could easily be priced to keep both the supplier and patient happy.

Also note that you don't have to use only the best buds. I've read of tinctures and edibles being made with higher leaf content, and also avoiding decarboxylization, to increase the ratio of CBD and other cannabinoids to THC. This may allow patients to get more beneficial cannabinoids while avoiding excessive THC levels.

Motownbass, have you tried using medicine dropper bottles? I buy little 30ml brown glass bottles at a health food store, with a dropper built into the cap. Each squirt is 1ml, so it's easy to measure out a 5ml dose, or whatever dose is appropriate. I can't imagine an easier way to carry around your medicine.

Insomnia -- I think these tinctures are great for insomnia. Take some 1-2 hours before bedtime, think happy thoughts, and wake up refreshed. That's how it works for me, anyway, and I suffered through decades of insomnia.

I have been trying to come up with a fair price for medical tincture. I have had rave reviews from several patients, and came up with this.

A pint (375mL) cost on an average of $12. I use one half ounce of couchlock Indica, which costs $100. I think that a fair price would be $150 a pint. Can anyone help me? Thanks......

That's what I get for my best Tinctures and it's a very fair price. Hope that helps.

I've been making similar 'weak' tinctures for a while now. Generally I use 1 to 1.5 ounces of bud + nice trim per 750ml Bacardi / Everclear. I usually end up with about 650ml of tincture. Effective doses are around 4-7ml with my stuff, similar to MotownBass' dose size of 1 tsp. That adds up to 100+ doses from a starting amount of 1.5 ounces -- pretty decent for edibles!

I think it could easily be priced to keep both the supplier and patient happy.

Also note that you don't have to use only the best buds. I've read of tinctures and edibles being made with higher leaf content, and also avoiding decarboxylization, to increase the ratio of CBD and other cannabinoids to THC. This may allow patients to get more beneficial cannabinoids while avoiding excessive THC levels.

Motownbass, have you tried using medicine dropper bottles? I buy little 30ml brown glass bottles at a health food store, with a dropper built into the cap. Each squirt is 1ml, so it's easy to measure out a 5ml dose, or whatever dose is appropriate. I can't imagine an easier way to carry around your medicine.

Thanks for the input, very good info. I will definately pick up some of those 30ml bottles. Please pm me with what you charge for a 30ml bottle Ok?. I have always heard to decarboxylize to bring out the medicinal value, Mmmm I must have it backwards... as usual. Because isn't it true that the spent herb out of a vape is good for medicine?

And you would think by vapeing the thc, in the trichomes, that most of the thc is gone after vapeing. MMMmmm

Insomnia -- I think these tinctures are great for insomnia. Take some 1-2 hours before bedtime, think happy thoughts, and wake up refreshed. That's how it works for me, anyway, and I suffered through decades of insomnia.

RE: Decarboxylization / heating: I brought up making tinctures without heating / decarboxylization just because I had read about it recently, and because we're seeing increasing signs of the medical benefits of cannabinoids other than THC. Putting those two together, it seems potentially useful to skip the decarboxylization step, and make a tincture with a higher CBD / THC ratio. That would allow patients to ingest more cannabinoids without undesirably high (pun?) THC levels.

With all that said, I haven't tried it yet. My next batch will probably be split in two, have with the decarboxylization step and half without.

I have heard of edibles and tinctures made with leftover vaporizer 'vapo-poo'. I haven't tried that either, just because I don't want to collect the vaporizer leftovers. I don't have the source right in front of me, but I seem to remember that CBD vaporization temperatures are higher than THC vaporization temperatures...

edit: ahhh, here's one source for a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer#Vapor_quality

• 6 years later...

i just made a 5 oz batch of Glycerin using 1/2 an oz of medicine.  i put them in nice one ounce bottles, (cobalt with dropper) and you can put a squirt in any drink or under your tongue.  I took 4 squirts to our NORML booth and got 3 people rocking. i think they are easily worth $30 each.  30 x 5 = 150 . considering the bottles and effort. half an oz goes for around 140 here.  hope this helps. 

• 1 month later...

Whoa, time travel!   We've moved on to another recipe, perhaps not technically a tincture anymore.  We've moved from alcohol to MCT oil.  MCT oil is easily absorbed by the body like alcohol, but more easily tolerated by people who have to avoid alcohol. 

Our baseline recipe normally uses BHO extract/concentrate, at a concentration of about 28:1 (28 parts MCT oil to 1 part BHO by volume, or 1/8 tsp BHO dissolved into 3 1/2 tsp MCT oil.  It dissolves well and mixes easily and thoroughly, as long as the oil is warmed up a bit. We've also gotten the starting material extract using ethanol as a solvent instead of butane.

It still seems to take 1-2 hours for full onset of the effects, similar to an alcohol tincture.  Baseline dose is around 1ml (we like to use those small brown glass medicine dropper bottles).

Recently we lost a dear friend and new patient to cancer.  She hadn't had any cannabis in decades, but said this MCT oil / BHO mixture greatly eased her suffering, and she was able to sleep soundly for the first time in months.

Cancer patients don't pay, but for the regular joe it seems to work well at a few dollars a dose.  That price works out somewhere in the neighborhood of the value of the BHO or extract used.

I still like that approach from years ago of not doing any intentional decarboxylation, other than the gentle heat used to evaporate off the solvent.  Initial potency might seem lower, or even be lower in terms of THC.  We're happy to overcome that, though, with a higher dose.  It's good to have lots of starting material!

i just made a 5 oz batch of Glycerin using 1/2 an oz of medicine.  i put them in nice one ounce bottles, (cobalt with dropper) and you can put a squirt in any drink or under your tongue.  I took 4 squirts to our NORML booth and got 3 people rocking. i think they are easily worth $30 each.  30 x 5 = 150 . considering the bottles and effort. half an oz goes for around 140 here.  hope this helps. 

140 for a half ounce of flowers?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!

• 2 years later...

I got 750 ml with 4 ozs of cbd based plants in them and I can't barely take a 10 ml shot of it so we put it in a dropper and use it throughout the day..  in bud alone thats 600 bucks on a good day so $1 a ml is probably too cheap if actually made correctly..

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

People !!!  ive been making tincture for a couple yrs now.

there wasn't a lot of info at that time.

i was experimenting with water curing my bud and i no longer liked smoking it (gave me anxiety and paranoia) or eating it (hard to dose: too much work lasted too long : too stoned)

Tincture was a game changer for me. i let it absorb properly in the mouth(sublingually) and it relieves pain, u can micro dose with a needleless syringe, it also gives u a nice calm background effect, for me it relieves anxiety or can give u a nice rush depending on the strain and your mood

Back to water curing. i do this with 3 rinses over a week then dry it to 100% dry to make a great tasting medicine. it reduces your plant matter by 1/3, and removes most environmental contaminants. 

I don't measure, i just roughly cut the bud up and make sure its loosely covered with 95% vodka so when u spin the square jar the weed will just move around a bit. i strain it in a small coffee press !! They say leave it for a month but ive had descent doses after 24 hrs but now i have enough around that the 1 month wait is inconsequential unless your waiting for a batch of your favorite strain !!!! lol

Typically i dose a few doses of "point 2" ml instead of 1ml at a time but obviously you will have your own system 

Enjoy !!!!!