U.p. Teen Loses Consciousness After Marijuana Use

folks will you please take the time to click on this link to our local UP news station and read this story. sounds like B.S. or somthing is missing, like pain pill abuse or booze.

Please take the time to also leave a comment on the tv6 web site. so far it has been lots of good replys but it wont be long untill the "this is why its illegal" or "I bet it's cause of medical marijuana" comments start.

thanks

My link

I suppose someone could pass out from marijuana use. Maybe they have a health condition that was a factor, or maybe they help their breath too long after a big dose, or as you say maybe they were already on something else that contributed. But, in many years having observed people in various settings consuming cannabis, I have never personally witnessed this effect on a human. I would love to find out all the details though, as someone who hates individual human rights obviously wanted this story to get out to try to make cannabis look dangerous.

More lies, propaganda. They're that desperate to think up this crap.

Sb

Exactly right. I am surprised we haven't seen the super sensationalized stuff yet.

You know the kind of crazy reefer madness stories, here's a hypothetical:

Teen accused of rape and murder lived next door to medical marijuana patient, parents blame second hand marijuana smoke for the teen's actions...

or

4 car pileup near medical marijuana dispensary... (of course none of the folks involved knew about the dispensary, but it occurred there so gets the headlines)

Well I hope a LOT of people comment on that garbage article, that's the kind of crap we DON'T need. I don't wanna sign up just to comment so I hope enough who won't mind doing that will and remind them of the studies done that PROVE Mj has NEVER killed anyone. PLEASE WE MUST STOP THIS LIE NOW, this is scary. We MUST make them retract that piece of junk. Well we know where they stand on the issue, they hate us too. DANG I'm so tired and mad, REALLY MAD, WE NEED SOMEONE TO ISSUE A STATEMENT ASAP ABOUT THIS. :growl:

Sb

SOMEONE has to make a statement about this to them, some organization, this cannot be ignored. They prob'ly won't look at the research, I don't know, I gotta make some calls, tell everyone to flood their site with comments, especially PEOPLE WHO ARE ALIVE BECAUSE OF mm.

Sb

Well I hope a LOT of people comment on that garbage article, that's the kind of crap we DON'T need. I don't wanna sign up just to comment so I hope enough who won't mind doing that will and remind them of the studies done that PROVE Mj has NEVER killed anyone. PLEASE WE MUST STOP THIS LIE NOW, this is scary. We MUST make them retract that piece of junk. Well we know where they stand on the issue, they hate us too. DANG I'm so tired and mad, REALLY MAD, WE NEED SOMEONE TO ISSUE A STATEMENT ASAP ABOUT THIS. :growl:

Sb

Something like:

MICHIGAN - A child was rushed to the emergency room this afternoon in serious condition, doctors are still not sure of a prognosis or how much damage was done.

The child attended a small after school party with friends where they passed the dangerous chemical around. All of the children attending the party partook in trying and passing it around. When one child began to have her airway, lips, and eyelids swelled, and she became disoriented and lethargic.

;)

Oh I forgot to mention the culprit and dangerous killer amongst the children, it was a peanut butter and jelly party, they had cookies and sandwiches.

well that article was far to short to make any judgments... Perhaps the person that was unconscious and unresponsive merely fell really heavily asleep. Perhaps there were other factors to the whole thing..

Totally puts pot into a bad light do to lack of a fully comprehensive report, what a crock of B.S.

I don't wanna sign up just to comment so I hope enough who won't mind doing that will and remind them of the studies done that PROVE Mj has NEVER killed anyone. PLEASE WE MUST STOP THIS LIE NOW, this is scary. We MUST make them retract that piece of junk. Well we know where they stand on the issue, they hate us too. DANG I'm so tired and mad, REALLY MAD, WE NEED SOMEONE TO ISSUE A STATEMENT ASAP ABOUT THIS. :growl:

Sb

You can comment w/o signing up for real. Just type in a fake username/PW/email addy. Good until you sign out or shut down comp.

how ridiculous . Marijuana is less harmful than a beer! why is that alcohol is legal look at all the damage it does, liver , kidneys, brain, and the residual effects of a drunken brawl.I've seen alot of people pass out on alcohol, never on Marijuana. I've said it before and I'll say it again I've seen lots of violent drunks, never seen a violent smoker. and now to the story , I feel that this kid was doing more than smoking pot. Altho I do know that some people are allergic to marijuana just like they can be allergic to peanut butter or milk or ragweed. but I doubt it would render them unconscious. This is just another in a long line of propaganda tactics to keep it illegal, the court system makes more money if it is illegal. They don't take into account revenue that could be generated by taxes on it. To say nothing of the crimes that occur because of its illegality. Murders, trafficing etc. ...

could that story have given any less details?

"kid smoked pot, kid passed out"

wth?? was it laced? were they also drinking (more than likely)? health problems? there are so many variables that are not addressed, and too much information is left out; obviously on purpose. what a typical smear campaign.

we're not advocating use in teenagers, anyway.

people pass out from alcohol thousands of times a day, you don't hear about that.

first of all im not even going to open the link! I read enough responses on this thread to see it is b.s. And no one should even take it serious or worry about it.

smokey the bear wrote it, and I dont see any replys from smokey?

S.B take a chill brownie dont let this bunny muffin bother you! and who ever commented just make up a user name and comment and shut pc off, lol your on the internet, not the real world, click on the link they got ya! Im not pc savy enough to know how to hide my i.p!

before I open any link on here I make sure what the other comments are, and usualy prefer it to be a member i see on here all the time! A couple of the folks on here are new or finaly typing up (speaking up) I was gone for 2 months and every where i go im seeing a couple new names, the same names on most threads! and please correct me if im wrong but I aint seen smokey around here much!

Peace

Free The Weed!

Jim

kinda funny that smokey is not my friend! (please dont take offense anyone if your not my friend yet) I usualy am friends with every one, Im not prejudice I argue with every one, and im friends with every one eventualy!

Peace

FTW

Jim

well it sounds like it might have just been her blood sugar that was doing it, she happen to be smoking at the time.

as for the craby dude, I just posted somthing up under michigan marijuana news that happen to be michigan marijuana news. Thought with election time around the corner this could be fuel for schutte if it got outta hand. I posted it up less then ten minutes of it being posted on there site. sorry i didn't think to copy paste!

just cause a guy dont have 1,200 post dont mean ya gotta go around being a crab. a attitude like that could turn away some of the greatest activist before they even get started (new people with low post count)! right now we need all the soldiers we can get!

i came to this site looking for info on getting my card, that was a year ago. I have since got it and have also became very active in NORML and the movement.

so i dont "steal" your ip when ya click into my link i have posted it here

GLADSTONE -- A 15-year-old female became unresponsive after she and several other minors used marijuana in a Gladstone residence.

The incident occurred around 8:12 p.m. on Saturday. Gladstone Public Safety was called to the residence because the teen was going in and out of consciousness.

Five subjects were cited for the use of marijuana, and one juvenile was taken into custody for operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs.

All individuals were eventually released to their parents, and are all being referred to court.

theres 102 post now and most are not very negative to marijuana. were getting close to winning this thing. 2012?!

so i dont "steal" your ip when ya click into my link i have posted it here

GLADSTONE -- A 15-year-old female became unresponsive after she and several other minors used marijuana in a Gladstone residence.

The incident occurred around 8:12 p.m. on Saturday. Gladstone Public Safety was called to the residence because the teen was going in and out of consciousness.

Five subjects were cited for the use of marijuana, and one juvenile was taken into custody for operating a vehicle while under the influence of drugs.

All individuals were eventually released to their parents, and are all being referred to court.

theres 102 post now and most are not very negative to marijuana. were getting close to winning this thing. 2012?!

Im am sorry about being crabby, I did not mean you steal my ip, I hover over the link, I knew where it was going, and thanks for the update!

I am sorry I was crabby with you, It is better than bitchy though isnt it? lol

Peace

FTW

JIm

Archived