8 replies to this topic

#1 detroitdjs

detroitdjs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:04 PM

Does anyone know where I can find an exact copy of Livonia's ordinance on medical marijuana?

#2 Jipo

Jipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Location/b/

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:09 PM

Does anyone know where I can find an exact copy of Livonia's ordinance on medical marijuana?

They have a no tolerance stand growing. But the judges/probation are pretty cool. I'm on probation in Livonia, Kavanaugh gave me permission to smoke and fail my drug tests after a nice little battle. My advice is don't go infront of McCann.

#3 RevThad

RevThad

Advanced Member

• +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:17 PM

http://www.ci.livonia.mi.us/tabid/391/Departments/Law/City%20Ordinances.aspx

I tried doing a search through both lists and found nothing new or referencing medical marijuana... You may have better luck.

#4 Dizledot

Dizledot

MMMA Author

• +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationJupiter
Contributor

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:46 AM

You may have to FOIA a copy of any new changes or new ordinances. Most municipalities are lax about getting their changes on line to municode.

Dizz

#5 yngvnkzie420

yngvnkzie420

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

Yes, I'm also curious about this. They couldn't outright ban cultivation could they? I thought the language was just to ban dispensaries...i dont ever remember seeing anything mentioned about MMJ.HMMMM..........

#6 lawyercaregiver

lawyercaregiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • LocationCyberspace Michigan

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:08 AM

You may have to FOIA a copy of any new changes or new ordinances. Most municipalities are lax about getting their changes on line to municode.

Dizz

I could not find this on the link provided. I think the ordinance prohibits "marijuana businesses." Livonia does not have authority to regulate an individual patient. I don't even think they claim that ridiculous position. They may claim they have some authority over placement of caregivers but I suspect they will not enforce this without some public nuisance situation. I think they can certainly regulate and prohibit any other type of marijuana business (dispenaries ect).

However: If a community can prohibit dispensaries then doesn't that imply that other communities can ALLOW :goodjob: :goodjob: dispensaries or other marijuana businesses? :thumbsu:

#7 yngvnkzie420

yngvnkzie420

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:03 AM

I could not find this on the link provided. I think the ordinance prohibits "marijuana businesses." Livonia does not have authority to regulate an individual patient. I don't even think they claim that ridiculous position. They may claim they have some authority over placement of caregivers but I suspect they will not enforce this without some public nuisance situation. I think they can certainly regulate and prohibit any other type of marijuana business (dispenaries ect).

However: If a community can prohibit dispensaries then doesn't that imply that other communities can ALLOW :goodjob: :goodjob: dispensaries or other marijuana businesses? :thumbsu:

Any more news on this situation? I have only met one other person on this site that lives in this "fine city"..fine meaning the issue lots of tickets for nonsense of all types.

#8 detroitdjs

detroitdjs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

Any more news on this situation? I have only met one other person on this site that lives in this "fine city"..fine meaning the issue lots of tickets for nonsense of all types.

Check out Michael's response in another thread

http://michiganmedic...653#entry228653

#9 JuztBudz

JuztBudz

Advanced Member

• +CC-Organizer
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

Just go down to city hall and request a copy of the ordinance. If they haven't recieved it from the printers as of yet you could raise a bit of a stink, they'll find a way to get a copy of it for you. They don't like to have folks standing around in their offices waiting for public records. Doesn't make them look good, nor efficient. The squeaky wheel gets the grease...works most of the time. Peace...j.b.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users