Jump to content


Photo

Bho Explosion


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LongHairBri

LongHairBri

    Plant Manager

  • Administrators
  • 2,578 posts
  • LocationTrees in the D
Contributor

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

My link

Story Published: Oct 28, 2010 at 9:33 AM PDT
Boom.
Comments (14)COOS BAY, Ore. - A small spark from a freezer ignited butane gas that had built up inside a home as a result of someone extracting THC from marijuana Monday afternoon.

The explosion blew the door off the fridge and through a wall in the home, investigators said.

No one was injured, but the potential for severe injury existed had anyone been in the kitchen at the time, investigators said.

The explosion happened around 1 p.m. on Monday in the 63000 block of Jerome Road in Coos Bay, Ore.

Investigator determined one of the four people living at the home had been extracting THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, with a method that used butane gas.

Sheriff's deputies and the fire marshal said gas had built up in the home. When the freezer portion of the rerigerator/freezer turned on, a small spark ignited the accumulated butane gas.

The explosion did not cause a fire, but the door of the fridge blew off and went through a wall.

One person was home at the time of the explosion taking a nap on a couch. Investigators said that may have saved her life. Anyone standing in the main kitchen/living room area in the residence could have been severely injured, they said.

The investigation regarding the marijuana found at the residence as to whether any of the individuals living at the home were medical marijuana card holders is still ongoing and the case will be referred to the Coos County DA's Office for review

#2 Annnie

Annnie

    Advanced Member

  • +CC-Clare
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

Am i to assume that they were making the bho in the house?

#3 peanutbutter

peanutbutter

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,093 posts
  • LocationDexter

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

Fuel air mix .. check

enclosed space .. check

spark .. check

lift off.

Folks please be careful. Sounds like someone took a break and figured it was safe to leave the open butane in a closed freezer.

#4 AbsoluteRoyal

AbsoluteRoyal

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:16 AM

ya just to be safe if you are unsure how explosions occur then stick to safer methods like QWISO

#5 420Atheist

420Atheist

    Advanced Member

  • +Authors
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

See I keep telling you folks Darwin was right. :lol:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users