Cosmic Crush

tricloud

Cosmic Crush is a project that we've been working on for a while now. Kept this one out of the lime light until it was quite certain she was going to make the grade. Wasn't too concerned about potency, Apollo13 and Space Crush are no slouches when it comes to that. It wasn't about flavor either because our sativa dominate Apollo13 and Space Crush are delicious. What we were most concerned with is the hermaphrodite trait from the Grape Crush gene pool rearing her head.

Apollo13 has never hermied in our garden and we have grown several. She is notorious for being stable and bullet proof. She just don't produce hermaphroditic flowers so it was a big reason we decided to cross A13 to Grape Crush. That and Grape Crush is just outrageous tasting and the 2 premium flavors had to meld into something delicious.

The taste and potency of Space Crush were and still are a huge hit in the local area. The problem with our Space Crush seeds is that too many offspring exhibit the dreaded hermie trait. Normally we don't mess with stuff that hermies but the flavor/potency combination of Space Crush is off the hook. The solution seemed to be to back cross the Space Crush clone (there is currently only one in existence) to Apollo13 and hope that the final product still had plenty of that Space Crush unique grapefruit/tangerine flavor.

So far at 49 days all has gone well with the 7 Cosmic Crush test plants. They aren't super identical looking, some look more like Apollo13 and some look more like Space Crush and most are a blend. They all smell absolutely fantastic as the Space Crush aroma is all over most of the plants. They are also extremely resinous, not quite to the extent as Apollolicious but close and definitely more so than Space Crush.

Back crossing Space Crush to Apollo13 has definitely made visible improvements.

I would also like to say now that the Grape Crush (Spelled with a "C") is not the same Grape Krush that DJ Short bred. This Grape Crush was bred by a guy called quimik and the genes come from BCGA (British Colombia Genetic Association). It's BCGAs Pink Grapefruit Cocktail x BCGAs Orange Crush

OC = Alerics Cali-O x DJShort Blueberry

Pink Grapefruit Cocktail = Sweet Pink Grapefruit x C99

The hermie trait likely comes from the DJ Short Blueberry in the Orange Crush, she's notorious for causing hermie problems in her crosses.

The chosen and existing Space Crush clone has never shown any hermie flowers in our garden. She has proven to be stable potent and delicious. Almost every time I go to the Genesee Club I get asked for Space Crush cuttings and I usually don't have them. Cosmic Crush was basically created for those who love Space Crush but want to grow something that tasty from seed.

I can tell lots of very nice plants will come from these seeds. The traits that are cosmetically consistent are extreme resin content, fruity smell, funnel shaped branch buds, low leaf count and structure. Now we just need to keep our fingers crossed until they finish which looks to be a little sooner than Space Crush finishes.

Once it's been harvested, dried, cured and tested we'll make the final decision but so far it's looking very good for Cosmic Crush.

Cosmic Crush 44 Days:

Cosmic-Crush-44-days-closeup-2.jpg

Nice work Tricloud, looks delicious and friendly. I'm keeping fingers crossed for this one for sure, I love Space Crush.

Thanks for sharing the family history on this also, that is interesting stuff.

Please put me on the list for seeds!

Good growing and good luck.

:thumbsu:

Hey thanks big time bubblegrower, rockinlespaul, bigtimm, Sledge, Dubliner, 1337Gr33n, TajMahal and MichiganMan! You folks make this forum fun.

TajMahal, you know I'm kicking back a pack of Cosmic Crush beans for you sir. You were the first person who asked for Space Crush seeds and I've been thinking about you bro. You are the one who planted the idea for this project. Hope to see you at the club sometime soon.

Hey thanks big time bubblegrower, rockinlespaul, bigtimm, Sledge, Dubliner, 1337Gr33n, TajMahal and MichiganMan! You folks make this forum fun.

TajMahal, you know I'm kicking back a pack of Cosmic Crush beans for you sir. You were the first person who asked for Space Crush seeds and I've been thinking about you bro. You are the one who planted the idea for this project. Hope to see you at the club sometime soon.

Thanks much Tricloud! What can I say....I really liked the Space Crush. I am on Hiatus, but still tend my garden, which is going OK now.

PM sent

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, it's been a while since I updated this thread and I keep getting messages about Cosmic Crush seeds.

Right now Cosmic Crush seeds are on hold. I'm just not impressed with the first run. It looks very nice, smells nice and grows nice but the effect and flavor isn't what I was expecting.

This could be due to the fact that we had to use a less than perfect makeshift drying area this run. It could also be contributed to the fact that CC finished a little sooner than I was expecting and didn't get the best flush. Either way there is uncertainty in these seeds so I can't release them at this time.

I may be talked into letting a few packs go out to testers but I'd rather not to be honest.

This is the way things go in the world of making seeds. Many "breeders" would just release these seeds but I would just as soon take the loss. If a batch of seeds doesn't make the grade why let other growers waste their time. I know how much time and effort we all put into our grows. I just won't let others risk their time and money.

I'm not sure where the next move is with this line. I really like Space Crush and so do many other med users. I have to think this project through and make a decision.

Well, that Cosmic Crush has Scottie working overtime in engineering trying to shore up our force field! We hope to be ready when the Cosmic Crush is released in it's final, TriCloud approved form.

ae14id.gif

Thanks for lookin' out for us other individual human beings here TriCloud. Many of us appreciate your high standards and applaud your efforts. It is nice to see your honesty in sharing what you have learned so far on this project. Thanks for helping some individual human beings my friend...

Hello All, it's been a while since I updated this thread and I keep getting messages about Cosmic Crush seeds.

Right now Cosmic Crush seeds are on hold. I'm just not impressed with the first run. It looks very nice, smells nice and grows nice but the effect and flavor isn't what I was expecting.

This could be due to the fact that we had to use a less than perfect makeshift drying area this run. It could also be contributed to the fact that CC finished a little sooner than I was expecting and didn't get the best flush. Either way there is uncertainty in these seeds so I can't release them at this time.

I may be talked into letting a few packs go out to testers but I'd rather not to be honest.

This is the way things go in the world of making seeds. Many "breeders" would just release these seeds but I would just as soon take the loss. If a batch of seeds doesn't make the grade why let other growers waste their time. I know how much time and effort we all put into our grows. I just won't let others risk their time and money.

I'm not sure where the next move is with this line. I really like Space Crush and so do many other med users. I have to think this project through and make a decision.

Like I have always said around here:

Standards people,Standards

tricloud i know your genetics are top notch,so if your not comfortable releasing those seeds,I know you werent happy with them.

I wish more breeders were like you.

Just as long as you dont come out with a bobblehead with your face on it like Arjan did,you'll always get my business.

• 4 months later...

Interesting results have been developing with the latest Cosmic Crush test grow. A friend (legal card holder) was sampling the first round of Cosmic Crush with me. He seemed to take a liking to it and wanted to test some Cosmic Crush seeds himself. Last night he brought over some Cosmic Crush he grew himself. I thought it was delicious but couldn't really tell how the medical quality was due to smoking multiple strains.

He left me with some buds so I could test the effect as first medication of the day. We tested it first thing today and it was still delicious and very uplifting. For those who have tried Space Crush, imagine it with a little more racy effect. The flavor was very similar to space crush but a little more spicy and a little tangier. Not as much body.

Last time we grew Cosmic Crush we had a problem getting the same nutes that we had been using for yrs. Long story short we didn't get quite the same quality as we had been getting. The main thing we noticed that was different on this latest grow is flavor. It tastes like something that might come from our collection. I really think we could have gotten a better quality flavor the first run if we used the nutes we had experience with instead of the new stuff.

Strong taste, slightly racy uplifting creeper effect. The wife says it has a piney metallic flavor but I taste a spicy kind of tangerine flavor. She isn't into the Cosmic Crush flavor as much as I am....

Anyway while my friend was here visiting I asked him if he needed any seeds, only had one new kind for him to test so asked him if he wanted something he already tried. He asked for another pack of Cosmic Crush seeds. Go figure......

I'm still not totally convinced we should release the Cosmic Crush just yet. Definitely has some excellent qualities though and some people really like it. If you do enjoy her she's definitely a sweet one to grow cause she produces honking colas and yields very well. I need to get some more samples from this next grow and see what patients with other conditions have to say.

If you're interested I'll hook you up with a test pack Taj Mahal.

Hey coxie, that's my pic. I use an old Sony Cyber Shot 4.1 mega pixel. Best tips I can offer are use the Macro setting, it's the one that looks like a flower, it's for tight close up shots. Use the largest number of pixels you can (biggest picture).

Take lots of shots and choose the best ones later. Using a tripod helps big time on close up shots, I need to set mine up again. You get much crisper pictures because the camera doesn't move one bit.

Sometimes I turn all the lights off but I almost always take pictures in the morning after the HID HPS lights turn off or i just turn them off a tad early. HID lamps make pictures look bad imo.

Archived