License Users And Growers

Holland, Michigan Zoning Proposal  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Does Park Township (Holland) have the legal right to create zoning laws as described in this Holland Sentinel article?

• Yes - It's clearly within the local governments rights.
    • Not sure
    • Absolutely Not
    • No - This violates the privacy aspect of the law.

Guest finallyfree09

not good. fortunatly not possible either.

"Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount."

specifically... "A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner... for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act."

writing these restrictive ordinances implies that there will be a "penalty" for the "medical use" of marijuana if that use is not reported to the city, township, etc. as we all know, cultivation, use, possesion and a few other things are under the definition of medical use.

so, if a patient shall not be subject to penalty IN ANY MANNER how exactly are these townships and counties going to enforce their brilliant little attempts at subverting the law? i sure would like to know because if i cannot be penalized in any manner then that means they can't fine, arrest, imprison, OR take any of my belongings.

what can they do?

NOTHING.

the michigan state supreme court will clear it up sooner or later

i am no lawyer so everything you just read is just my opinion. i am sure there are a million more out there just like it.

Archived