Cpl's And Medical Marijuana

chris chamberlin

I am trying to find out if I can carry a CPL and Medical Marijauna at the same time legaly.. I have a permit to carry both in the state of michigan but was told that it is illegal to posess a firearm and medical marijauna at the same time. if you are an atoorney and can anwers this it would be very helpfull.

420Peace Chris,

Welcome 2 the 3ma...

Please Call in tonight with your question on PlanetGreenTreesRadio 8pm -9:30...

Ask Attorney Michael Komorn your question...

Call in live # 347-326-9626

What I do is never carry both at the same time. I would be concerned about them trying to charge me with carrying while under the influence of marijuana. Even if you had not smoked any you know how long it can be detected in your system. Someone will say the MI Supreme court decided that you were not under the influence unless THC was found that was for driving and some PAs would push the issue.

check out oregons recent change in there law.

there was 3-4 guys that were card holders and also wanted to carry. they stuck a crap load of $ into it but they ended up getting it so in the state of oregon you can have both.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/oregon_gun_ruling_a_victory_fo.html

I'm in the same boat as you, have card but would also like to protect myself if ever needed.

we should start a group of people willing to fight for this and make it happen.

I'm in the same boat as you, have card but would also like to protect myself if ever needed.

we should start a group of people willing to fight for this and make it happen.

Count me in if you ever want to make a class action out of this. My wife and I both have CPLs, but I'm the only one who has a MM card, so if we feel the need to carry both she gets her gun and I get the meds. We'd both feel more comfortable if it was the other way around (even though she's the better shot - she's got the slower draw).

Archived